Died safely locked up in my base

Fugz

Died safely locked up in my base

Ok so I cry posed all my babies made sure I was fully fed then logged out when I logged in I'm dead killed by a their and all my babies and gear is gone is there something I can do about this

I'm on a pve server so I don't lose everything now I don't have much motivation to move forward in ark if I lose everything while I'm safely logged out in my own base 

26 minutes ago, Fugz said:

Ok well was offline in my base and died to wild creature o.0

During the 15 minutes that it takes for ORP to activate, a theriz spawned inside your base and killed you and your babies. That is 100% what happened.

Get turrets inside your base. Sucks, but if you are in a spawn area, it is the only way. This is a known issue that has been happening since the game launched. Nothing can be done about it. I know, there will be 20 couch programmers explaining how they would fix it.... There are always couch programmers waiting to explain that kind of stuff.

11 minutes ago, JSacra said:

During the 15 minutes that it takes for ORP to activate, a theriz spawned inside your base and killed you and your babies. That is 100% what happened.

Get turrets inside your base. Sucks, but if you are in a spawn area, it is the only way. This is a known issue that has been happening since the game launched. Nothing can be done about it. I know, there will be 20 couch programmers explaining how they would fix it.... There are always couch programmers waiting to explain that kind of stuff.

See, the easy way to fix it is two-fold. 

Step one; You make a couch. Not any regular couch, this one has a 70° angled back, slightly angled down front bit with extra padding and a cooler built in. Hooked up to the side is an optional shae lounge that is on tracks. Oh, bluetooth. Bluetooth in everything. When you recline it plays Ariana Grande.

Step two; Relax in your new couch, you never have to worry again. 

This rarely but does occur to me and it's always when i need to leave home in hurry so have everything on my body. A bout a month ago i lost 3 sets of hazmat, jm-asc tools, asc shotgun, 40 Z seeds (for glow pets), some shotguns bullets and more (but not fussed about the rest). I had gotten home and seen i was attacked by a nameless and had somehow gotten inside the outpost building we had next to the radiation (but not in the radiation) for reaper farming. The only thing i could think of was my glow pets charge had run out of charge, nameless spawned and the offline hadn't activated in time. (I also lost a level 250 Rock Drake, level 190 egg and on official to seekers while i was in the blue biome healing and afk but that's irrelevant). As well as on Scorched Earth stuff frequently spawns inside our base what i would recommend is log out naked with absolutely nothing (on Ab i chuck everything onto my glow pet, SE Jerboa, Ext Vault next to cryopod, etc.) and have turrets set up inside the building in case this does occur and if the turrets somehow don't work than if your naked you won't lose much if anything. If offline damage had activated with for example a wolf but hadn't killed you than when you log on again yes you will die but you will know the wolf is there (because you died from it) and will be able to kill it with a Dino or weapon before it does any real damage. I would also recommend logging out while laying on a bed, bunk bed or sleeping pod because the intruder will need to break the bed before it can reach you which gives the offline damage some time to activate, if the offline damage is already active than the intruder can not hurt the bed meaning it can not touch you.

1 hour ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Similar to how you are certain what happened in somebody else’s code after he logged off ? 

Yep ? because I have had it happen logging off and logging on. No programming skill needed ?

Since he did not see theriz in his base or dead bodies, had to have happened when he was logging off. No rocket science there bro.

51 minutes ago, HippyHippo4 said:

I would also recommend logging out while laying on a bed, bunk bed or sleeping pod because the intruder will need to break the bed before it can reach you which gives the offline damage some time to activate, if the offline damage is already active than the intruder can not hurt the bed meaning it can not touch you.

I logged in once to a corrupted rex chewing on a tribemates bed, with them in it. It had made it through the walls and was chewing away.

I have a seriously bad habit of logging in and going afk. I will log in, go grab a drink, make a snack, talk on phone.... More than once I have come back to a dino in base. Almost lost a cloning machine last week, because a corrupt raptor was inside base, on cloner... just chewing away. Cloner had like 1k left. It just happened to be right outside of aggro range of velo. Now I have velo sitting in front of cloner. I also have mated velo in every corner of the base, a couple tiles from wall.

There are lots of things that can still kill you and you pets when you are in your home asleep in bed.  But not much that can steal your stuff from chests.  Confused about that.  If it was not on a pet or your person but in a storage it should be safe.  There is the rare glitch where your storage decays even tho in render view.  It got set up on a badly meshed spot.

But concerning staying alive helps not to build anywhere a titan can get you and yours.  Also helps to build way up off the ground or over the ocean.  Also use metal.  Also no windows they cause wilds to bleed thru.

If it helps OP same has happened to many of us.  We used to say on my old server, "You've been arked."

the best solution is to only log out naked. put everything in a box next to your bed so you have easy and quick access to your stuff. you can even kill yourself before going offline to prevent being dragged away and locked up by other players.

there is always a chance that wild dinos walk though your walls or even spawn inside. there was a bug where you'd fall from the sky on login, and sometimes though the mesh, and your inventory was inaccessible (hasn't happened to my tribe for a long time now though).

better safe than sorry - never keep important stuff on you when you log out or go afk.

Archived