Dedicated hosting neutered

Dedicated hosting neutered

So if you are hosting your play anywhere server locally you are much less limited to custom configs even when using ini edits than on the Nitrado servers.

There is also the fact there is no good official way to host from windows server 2016. So you are limited to just windows 10.

Now we have the fact you can't run the server headless which is even more limiting. So now your hosting machine needs to meet the graphics requirement to launch and you can't use a standard RDP to access it. You have to physically be on the machine or use less secure remote connection options.

Lastly, if you do manage to work around all of the above issues you now have to worry about getting visibility. The only real way to join the server is by adding the host account as a friend or joining a friend on it. The self hosted options very rarely show up in the server list.

Now I know this is just a way to push business to Nitrado, but getting such a neutered version of hosting compared to steam or even Nitrado is crap. It isn't a good business practice and I feel it needs to be fixed. It is 2019 we shouldn't be forced hosting a game like this was 2 decades ago.

Blame Microsoft. No, seriously. Ultimately it was their decision to allow it this way, and it is their decision to force only one rented server provider. People keep blaming Wildcard for Microsft’s business decisions.

Why has no one brought up the fact that Microsoft were supposed to be creating an anti-cheat that works on both Windows 10 and Xbox since late 2017, so that all officials could be cross play enabled? People are quick to blame the developers of the game but in fact it’s Microsoft who are trash for their business practices.

8 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Blame Microsoft. No, seriously. Ultimately it was their decision to allow it this way, and it is their decision to force only one rented server provider. People keep blaming Wildcard for Microsft’s business decisions.

Why has no one brought up the fact that Microsoft were supposed to be creating an anti-cheat that works on both Windows 10 and Xbox since late 2017, so that all officials could be cross play enabled? People are quick to blame the developers of the game but in fact it’s Microsoft who are trash for their business practices.

Dude Xbox has anti cheat for windows store since October 2017. It is called true play (used on Minecraft, halo wars, and forza which all have cross play)....it is 100% the devs fault they have neutered the windows version compared to other versions of the game. When you don't have in game music and basic whistle and input commands since day 1 release on the windows store, it is obvious. It has been 2+ years and still not fixed not matter how much we all complain.

I blame wildcard because they are the ones that have a monetary incentive to not fix it with how they make money from Nitrado server rentals.

I also blame wildcard because this is just a ported version to windows 10 with cross play that was done sloppily and introduce more bugs than what is acceptable on windows 10.

Then despite all of that... they can't even release the xbox and windows 10 version updates simultaneously. 

2 hours ago, Tgrable said:

I blame wildcard because they are the ones that have a monetary incentive to not fix it with how they make money from Nitrado server rentals.

I also blame wildcard because this is just a ported version to windows 10 with cross play that was done sloppily and introduce more bugs than what is acceptable on windows 10.

Then despite all of that... they can't even release the xbox and windows 10 version updates simultaneously. 

Amen. 

Archived