Something seems wrong with Decay Timers...

caleb68

Something seems wrong with Decay Timers...

So 5 days ago, I fueled up my generators, and cryo'ed a few of my pets over on a aberration server, leaving some there to use, and taking the others back to the island for storage, I spent those days taking care of some baby owls I was raising, then yesterday headed back to aberration as I was going to do a little more building to my house I was making,  but was shocked with what I found.

all wooden walls, rails, ceilings, stairs, gone.  

All torches, gone. 

various stone structure pieces... gone. 

All pets, Gone, 

All electric lines and junction boxes, gone.

my house was a shell with a few holes in the walls,  my wooden storage boxes were still there, my smithy, fabricator, fridges, industrial grill, and the geny was still running with only 2 1/2 slots of fuel gone.  I know I spent enough time on the server as I had to run around and find a supply drop to get the cryo pods for the dino's I was taking back, 5 days ago, then hunt for yet another one to upload them, after that I stuck around and gathered food for the ones who were still there and fed all them, and refueled the geny.

the dino's that went away included:

5 ravagers from levels 55-120
4 Bulb dogs - Event colors
2 bulb dogs - regular colors
1 Stego - event colors
1 Dilpo - event colors
2 raptors - regular colors
1 Carno - regular colors
1 doedic - aberrant

The decay couldn't of happened too long before I logged in, as the fridges still had all the kibble and prepared food inside of them, minus most of the cooked meat, but even some of that was left.

My problem is that all these things that decayed away have longer decay timers then 4 days on them.  yet here I am, tossed backwards because something surely went wrong with it.  None of this should of decayed in that short of a period of time.  Last time I checked this wasn't Dark & Light which has extremely low decay times (literally got to log in every other day).  Anyone else had like experiences that play cross servers?

this happened on EU-PVE-Official-Aberration222

being I have a different character on that one, I'm pondering the best method to get my remaining items off the server and back to my main server before I lose it all as they can only use supply drops and have no dino to carry anything now.

I went around on the aberration map and noticed that there were quite a few bases on that server that had done the same thing, some completely gone, and some 1/2 decayed like mine was just after the 4 days, so I don't know if its server specific or not.  Watching a timer on another server I found it was losing 1 hour every 24 hours, so basically 1 RL day in Ark on that server is only 23 hours.

I have a little base on Rag to get wyvern eggs and milk. I went over to fill the generator with gas and left it for like a week. Came back to find that the electrical wires had decayed. Kinda strange tho cause only the electrical wires were gone. I checked my salt vessels and they said 8 day decay timer, then made some new wires and they also said 8 day decay. So how did the wires disappear but not the other items with the same decay timer? Kinda strange

Another odditity, just had a metal pillar that was supporting a structure decay on Extinction just after 1 day.  now I know pillars that aren't attached to items will decay, but this was a center support surrounded by snapped pillars, so there really is no way that it should of decayed.  Something funky is going on and is worrisome as I have bases on SE, AB, Ragnarok, and The island...

Archived