Save the PC No Taming Servers

fr15287

1 hour ago, Oli4 said:

Your first point still doesn't make sense to me, playing a game versus real life? It's both a game...

If the true challenge to you is the official network, why not play on official PVP or PVE?

I should have put Official on my unofficial servers, so that way they will be like real life. ?

Anyways, I do like the idea of No Tame, as it lets you and your skills face a dangerous world. Too bad not many people want to play that.

On 5/30/2019 at 4:04 PM, fr15287 said:

Hello.

I recently received information about how a large number of servers are to be removed due to having low populations. My best guess would be that it is related to the expenses of hosting servers in general, which I very well can understand.

What deeply saddened me however, was that the PC No Taming servers are among those that are to be removed. Yes, those servers have a very low population, but they are also filling a very unique niche. The other servers that will be merged or removed are essentially based on the same concept – taming. On the other hand, the No Taming servers provide a very different game to those players that enjoy them, such as myself. We have had many fun times overcoming the challenges originally meant for taming servers, and it has been one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.

I could very well understand (and might even suggest) that the capacity on those servers was to be brought down to a dozen players per server or so. That would be very reasonable if you look at it. But I would also very much appreciate if there would be any way to save this small but unique little cluster of servers from simply being removed. There is nowhere where we can transfer to, but more importantly, as stated above; it's such a unique little place next to the normal servers and it would be a real shame to see it gone.

Thanks in advance

FR

If  you want to preserve tjat game play open up your own no tame unofficial server.

22 hours ago, Oli4 said:

Your first point still doesn't make sense to me, playing a game versus real life? It's both a game...

If the true challenge to you is the official network, why not play on official PVP or PVE?

They are both games, yes, but one is something you just create, the other is something you need to conquer. It's essentially a virtual world and a virtual second life. The PVP is as serious within the frames of the game as is the reasons for why for example law enforcement has to deal with criminals in the physical world. If you have an unofficial server, you can just ban the troublemakers, and as much of a relief that can be, it's also making the whole thing less... real.

I have personally tried out both official PVP and PVE, but they are both different. We happen to like the No Taming servers because again, they require us to put in more creative thinking and will thus essentially provide us with a completely different gameplay experience.

1 hour ago, fr15287 said:

They are both games, yes, but one is something you just create, the other is something you need to conquer. It's essentially a virtual world and a virtual second life. The PVP is as serious within the frames of the game as is the reasons for why for example law enforcement has to deal with criminals in the physical world. If you have an unofficial server, you can just ban the troublemakers, and as much of a relief that can be, it's also making the whole thing less... real.

I have personally tried out both official PVP and PVE, but they are both different. We happen to like the No Taming servers because again, they require us to put in more creative thinking and will thus essentially provide us with a completely different gameplay experience.

The same people from official can also go on unofficial, i think you are confusing unofficial with single player. 

It is up to you if you want to ban the rulebreakers or not

And looking at the history of the servers it doesnt look like they had a lot of competition anyway

1 hour ago, fr15287 said:

If you have an unofficial server, you can just ban the troublemakers, and as much of a relief that can be, it's also making the whole thing less... real.

This is how it should be on official servers, cheaters and rule breakers should be punished/banned.

If you want to save your game mode it's up to you and this niche community and the only way is unofficial. WC has already put it on the kill list and you have had no response from WC here.

5 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

This is how it should be on official servers, cheaters and rule breakers should be punished/banned.

If you want to save your game mode it's up to you and this niche community and the only way is unofficial. WC has already put it on the kill list and you have had no response from WC here.

they never repsonse if they are supposed to give money back .............................. what a shame

5 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

I didn't necessarily refer to cheaters and rule breakers. I mean overly hostile players in general. Dealing with them using in-game means is more immersive.

It is true that Wildcard has not responded yet, but it would actually be appropriate of them to do so.

11 minutes ago, Oli4 said:

I know, but he can use the same mindset wildcard has to moderating the server if he wants the same experience.

An unofficial server without any mods (steam workshop), basically runs its self.  It really just how much does the community want it and are willing to pay/support it as an unofficial. And of course there has to be a leadership structure.

No tame is dead because you can't defend your base with only plant x when fire arrows and cluster grenades exists. It takes all of 5 minutes to wipe a base when it takes days to make it since you have to harvest by hand. The only thing I liked about no tame was the boat fights because ppl were forced to use boats instead of Dino's to efficiently harvest.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived