Anyone ever have their Steam overlay turn black?

JSacra

Anyone ever have their Steam overlay turn black?

Fresh install of Windows 10, Steam and Ark and my overlay still goes black randomly. The friends list and web browser. I am just curious if anyone else has had this issue. Steam support is blaming Ark I guess, since they are saying it is not them and has to be a 3rd-party app. Considering no other apps were installed, just Ark... I am confused. I have been using Steam for years and have never had this problem, until around the time Homestead was released. I am NOT blaming Homestead, just giving a reference for around the time it started.

2 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

It happened to me a week or two ago. But only for chat, I had to close down the whole game and restart it.

Browser, friends list and  chat for me. Just close all 3 and open them back up and they are fine for a random amount of time. It can happen with just browser open or chat open. It is not specific to any one thing. Also can happen on the Wiki, YouTube, Reddit... At first I thought it may be something on the wiki page causing it, as that is what I mostly have open during gameplay, but then it happened on youtube and reddit.

2 hours ago, JSacra said:

Browser, friends list and  chat for me. Just close all 3 and open them back up and they are fine for a random amount of time. It can happen with just browser open or chat open. It is not specific to any one thing. Also can happen on the Wiki, YouTube, Reddit... At first I thought it may be something on the wiki page causing it, as that is what I mostly have open during gameplay, but then it happened on youtube and reddit.

I dont remember if my friends list was but I know the chat was, and I did close and open it but it did not do any good. 

Archived