Taming tips

Kadie2007

Taming tips

I need some help , soooo , I have a base on a beach with dodos , dilos, iguanodon , trikes , Pter, Sarco , Kaprosuchus, titanobo , carbo , Carno and Parcertherium and raptor I really wanted a Quetzel as I am planning to move ( I’m on the easy zone ) and the Quetz would really help , I am already close to the red ob , went there on a raft with my mate boosted raptors ( 2) and my Pteranodon ( 2 ) females I got a tracked by a raptor and died , so now my pteranodons are stuck then my boat got sruck on a rock and my female raptor got killed by a meg then I went to find the Pteranondons with the raptor and I died again . So now my raft raptor and Ptera ares stuck near the red ob and I still can’t find a Quetz HELP !!!!!  Tips for taming and location of Quetz please 

btw I am lvl 40 and can’t seem to lvl up , girl aged 12 

I also want a arge 

3 hours ago, Kadie2007 said:

Taming tips

I need some help , soooo , I have a base on a beach with dodos , dilos, iguanodon , trikes , Pter, Sarco , Kaprosuchus, titanobo , carbo , Carno and Parcertherium and raptor I really wanted a Quetzel as I am planning to move ( I’m on the easy zone ) and the Quetz would really help , I am already close to the red ob , went there on a raft with my mate boosted raptors ( 2) and my Pteranodon ( 2 ) females I got a tracked by a raptor and died , so now my pteranodons are stuck then my boat got sruck on a rock and my female raptor got killed by a meg then I went to find the Pteranondons with the raptor and I died again . So now my raft raptor and Ptera ares stuck near the red ob and I still can’t find a Quetz HELP !!!!!  Tips for taming and location of Quetz please 

I also want a arge 

Help

Information required to help properly.. what map are you playing? Have you tried looking on the creature spawn map just change to the map you need and choose the animal from the list, it will give you the creatures spawn locations, they won't always be there due to other spawns taking up the spawn cap.  

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Spawn_Map_(The_Island)

Was a recovery mission for your other Dino's part of the question?

My advice would be get a ptera a quick tame unless you have another at home base, fly to red ob. Grab raptor in claws whistle follow to other bird fly home.

I would just leave the raft personally unless you spent a lot of time building it. Easy to make another. If you want to retrieve fly back later after getting Dino's home with ptera. Land bird on raft then sail raft home.

Argentavis spawns can also be found on the creature spawn map I shared above.

Crafting helps level up. You will need narcotics for the birds and if you look on the ark wiki loads of advice on taming methods is available there.

Hope that helps 

I went back in the game and it didn’t save , so I have got my raptors both alive I went and got my pteras but they can’t carry raptors so i had there is another raptor round there lvl 4 and it killed my pteras lvl 17 and 22 how and why !!!!! They were in Attack target and still died ??? anyway I still haven’t got my stuff and just found a pachy that I won’t to tame after raptor is dead 

49 minutes ago, SnowboundGem said:

Information required to help properly.. what map are you playing? Have you tried looking on the creature spawn map just change to the map you need and choose the animal from the list, it will give you the creatures spawn locations, they won't always be there due to other spawns taking up the spawn cap.  

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Spawn_Map_(The_Island)

Was a recovery mission for your other Dino's part of the question?

My advice would be get a ptera a quick tame unless you have another at home base, fly to red ob. Grab raptor in claws whistle follow to other bird fly home.

I would just leave the raft personally unless you spent a lot of time building it. Easy to make another. If you want to retrieve fly back later after getting Dino's home with ptera. Land bird on raft then sail raft home.

Argentavis spawns can also be found on the creature spawn map I shared above.

Crafting helps level up. You will need narcotics for the birds and if you look on the ark wiki loads of advice on taming methods is available there.

Hope that helps 

1 minute ago, Kadie2007 said:

I went back in the game and it didn’t save , so I have got my raptors both alive I went and got my pteras but they can’t carry raptors so i had there is another raptor round there lvl 4 and it killed my pteras lvl 17 and 22 how and why !!!!! They were in Attack target and still died ??? anyway I still haven’t got my stuff and just found a pachy that I won’t to tame after raptor is dead 

Also I’m on the Island .

Attack target only works if you personally get attacked next time keep them on neutral they defend themselves and you.

If the raptor it question that killed them didn't attack you personally then they will just let the raptor eat them. I always have animals on neutral when taking them out of base.

I am sure I have carried raptors on them before if they can't lift them it maybe due to carry weight of bird. Or an update I may have missed I don't use pteras much.

6 hours ago, Kadie2007 said:

Taming tips

I also want a arge 

You are 12 years old? I’m going to report you to Xbox for playing a game meant for 17 and older. You’re in trouble and i’m telling your parrrrrrents

On 5/30/2019 at 5:15 PM, ChaosArk said:

To tame a Qetz solo i'd suggest you try tame tapejara first. Maybe google solo tame quetz, you'll find some videos on how it's done. Good luck :)

Thanks how are they aggressive or passive flea , the Tapejara area I looked for some the areas in the Spawn map Island and can’t find them Arge or Quetz

On 5/30/2019 at 5:11 PM, MackTheKnife said:

You are 12 years old? I’m going to report you to Xbox for playing a game meant for 17 and older. You’re in trouble and i’m telling your parrrrrrents

Lol they know they bought it for my 11 Birthday so ye and I’m good at it not as good as any other lvl 40 human or Ark Island Easy zone .

3 hours ago, Kadie2007 said:

I need a Quetz to help me move base I also need levels to unlock the saddle ??.

Hello,

You are doing fine in ARK, I think.

Easy spawn is not so easy and this is why I suggest two things. Spawn in North area (hard) and respec your character to have all levels into speed. Stop level speed when you have 143%.

In the north build in stone a taming box for argentavis.

You need a taming trap because they fly away just before they go to sleep so my taming trap is as follows. 3 pillars up, place roof/ceiling on top and two more ceilings in one direction, build pillars down from last placed ceiling and that should be 4 pillars down, from here continue to build ceiling and pillars down until you have a 3x3 ceiling with pillars down in four corners, build doorframes between pillars down from the roof to the ground. Now the simple box is opened by taking away two doorframes from your stone taming box. You can close it again by placing new door frames once the Argentavis is in but it is not necessary if you crossbow it from the side so that when it try to escape it fly into the pillar doorframe.

Once tamed tame one more and breed a baby that you later use for protection as it kills everything that mess with you.

You also get some levels from building and don't forget 3 beds close to the trap as you die repeatedly trying to get dinos in to the trap (carno, sabers, rhino, argents).

Take a break from Quetzal since that is a hard tame and ARK offers many ways to transport dinos.

On foot you need several argents on neutral and weak dinos on passive and they all follow you. If you get into trouble try to think of what to do before it happens. Run into water, restart game etz.

Regards,

Ariana

One thing that saves me some hassle is using a spyglass, as it will (or at least it use to) increase the range of your whistle commands. That way you dont have to be in the thick of it when trying to shuffle orders. Its also nice to have when your neutral pelagornis decides to chase an ichthy high into the sky & seems to be ignoring your whistles to come back without using the spyglass, as its out of range . It (spyglass) must double as a bull horn, lol.

Theres a thing to in Ark known as a lost cause....sometimes it hurts to let those tames/saddles/loot go but sometimes whatever killed them is just going to keep on decimating you until you kit up better. Ive marched more than a few of my critters off to a slaughter trying to rescue a tame left by itself after something ate me, or recovering a saddle, or my prior spawns body/loot. Bullheadedness on my part, I guess...or just wishfull thinking I can sneak in, recover & sneak out. Im not saying this is the case for you at the moment....but gauging threat levels and no win situations are a very real part of Ark too

oh....& to get your boat unstuck what I find helps is going into orbit camera, flipping the view under your boat looking up, & just go ham on the D-stick, you'll find a direction to break free much easier. Ive gotten my boat free of ice jams etc using this method. With the rock you have the option to bust it  but you dont have to, as Ive used this method on them as well.

Might be late at the party, but

A Quetzal wouldnt be very useful at lvl 40. An Argy would be much better for lower level survivors. They have a weight reduction and a higher damage output. BUT a Quetzal is still a good creature. I just think it is better, when you tame it later.

With the Raptor/raft/Ptera problem. You have a Kapro and a Sarco, and already the saddles unlocked (i hope). You can go to the raft with the sarco, and let the Kapro follow you. When arrived, whistle attack my target. The Kapro should jump after the wild Raptor, grab it and munch it to death. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived