Racism in Ark

Bjorks

Racism in Ark

When will the game auto-ban players that have racist character names or tribe names? The people at Ark are not doing enough to drive racism and xenophobia out of their game. The paying non caucasian player base is under constant attack because of the use of highly offensive racist tribe names or character names.. Wildcard should run a purge through their player and tribe databases and insta perma ban all with racist keywords. This will send a hard hitting message that WildCard finds racism absolutely unforgivable and unacceptable and will help modify some player behaviour. 

• Volunteer Moderator
37 minutes ago, Bjorks said:

Racism in Ark

When will the game auto-ban players that have racist character names or tribe names? The people at Ark are not doing enough to drive racism and xenophobia out of their game. The paying non caucasian player base is under constant attack because of the use of highly offensive racist tribe names or character names.. Wildcard should run a purge through their player and tribe databases and insta perma ban all with racist keywords. This will send a hard hitting message that WildCard finds racism absolutely unforgivable and unacceptable and will help modify some player behaviour. 

Racism is against the CoC. Submit a support ticket if you wish to report players that are in violation of these rules: https://support.survivetheark.com/

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

Racism is against the CoC. Submit a support ticket if you wish to report players that are in violation of these rules: https://support.survivetheark.com/

I have submitted plenty of tickets with SS of racist language in global and tribe names and not once was action taken in any type of acceptable time frame (talking 6+ months time the players still existed)

The ticket system is way to hit or miss to be reliable. There certainly doesn't seem to be any set standard amongst GM's as things are enforced differently amongst them (here's imprints back vs here's a random generated 201 vs internal policy doesn't allow for a replacement). 

Very frustrating.

50 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Things like racist or vulgar names really should be handled in batch with a script, instead of manually by a person.

Chat should have filters that have existed in games since the 90s. Like block and bad word filter, etc. 

This filter exists on console but people just put in special characters to bypass it. I had a salty kid say something racist to me in chat but the fool didn’t know I have show gamertag in chat enabled and sent the screenshot to Microsoft. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

4 minutes ago, bannedbybirth said:

I can't imagine any collective group of words or tribe names that could hurt my feelings enough to openly complain about it.  Everyone is so easily offended these days.  They can't answer everyone's tickets fast enough because there are so many people wasting their time.

Yeah I love getting called the N bomb, really lights up my day.

While i don't disagree, you have to realize that these people more likely aren't even racist and it has nothing to do with racism usually.  They are people who want to upset and anger you and they are just using the most expedient language possible.  People will always call you names that they think you will find offensive and find ways to work around it or call it cute things like the <insert character here> word.  The best you can hope for is to report them and ignore them. it takes the wind out of their sails if you just respond normally to them like their name is jack or something.

1 hour ago, Kaprosuchus said:

While i don't disagree, you have to realize that these people more likely aren't even racist and it has nothing to do with racism usually.  They are people who want to upset and anger you and they are just using the most expedient language possible.  People will always call you names that they think you will find offensive and find ways to work around it or call it cute things like the <insert character here> word.  The best you can hope for is to report them and ignore them. it takes the wind out of their sails if you just respond normally to them like their name is jack or something.

1 hour ago, SaltyMonkey said:

I love when people act as if racism is something that can be just swept under the carpet. They’re just words, yeah being called a dirty black slave means nothing at all. Some closest racists on this site it seems.

I have no problem with people pointing out my limitations or faults, and even less so when they point out characteristics which have no actual bearing on my worth as a person.  People who get bent out of shape by slurs are those who believe them.

1 minute ago, SMP said:

I have no problem with people pointing out my limitations or faults, and even less so when they point out characteristics which have no actual bearing on my worth as a person.  People who get bent out of shape by slurs are those who believe them.

You clearly haven’t been a victim of physical attacks to come out with such an ignorant perception of racism.

25 minutes ago, SMP said:

You're changing your argument to avoid a counterpoint.  You never said anything about physical attacks, your statement was regarding "being called a dirty black slave".

There is no argument. You’re defending racism because “it’s just words”. You have a warped perception because you clearly haven’t been the victim of it. Racism is racism whether it’s physical or verbal. You’re choosing to be ignorant.

7 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

There is no argument. You’re defending racism because “it’s just words”. You have a warped perception because you clearly haven’t been the victim of it. Racism is racism whether it’s physical or verbal. You’re choosing to be ignorant.

Salty, I didn't read his comments as "defending racism" but rather to me it had the tone of  the old "Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me" addage.

I often find that ignoring and not-reacting  to bullying seems to work. But that is for bullying.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived