Is it worth taming a Tapejara in single player mode?

Lecalicot

Is it worth taming a Tapejara in single player mode?

I’ve been thinking about trying to tame a Tapejara. I read you can use rider weaponry on the bird but that it is more used for tribe mates. Does that still work for single player? 

I hear griffins are great, but I play on mobile so I’m looking for a bird that I can use weapons with. Also heard it’s better to tame a quetz with.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks guys. 

Chels

43 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Can you still use these to solo tame a quetz?

Ride as passenger to use gun

Use 'move to' whistle. 

Before the Griffin, and on maps without Griffins, I tame Tapejaras early in game, so that I can use them to tame a Quetz. just like  @Aylana314159 said above. I think they are a worthwhile tame.

Tapejaras are very useful. Although I don't play single player, our tribe is smaller and I've used them alone for almost as long as I've been playing. They can carry a ton, and their ability to move like a helicopter has some fantastic applications. I used one of my Tapajaras to get my first Quetzal... running the Quetzal into the ground and placing gateways around it. 

One of my Tapajaras serves as my in-base heavy lifter... it can even fly up and down the spiral staircases carrying heavy loads of resources to other levels. There is no other creature in ark that can quickly move heavy loads around tight spaces in a base like a Tapajara can. Period. 

Tapejaras are also great if you have a Bronto with platform. I land my Tapejara on the platform and it goes with my Bronto on berry runs. Then I can make quick trips back to base if I need to, sometimes with loads of berries so I don't have to pull the Bronto back to base to empty it. 

25 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

Tapejaras are very useful. Although I don't play single player, our tribe is smaller and I've used them alone for almost as long as I've been playing. They can carry a ton, and their ability to move like a helicopter has some fantastic applications. I used one of my Tapajaras to get my first Quetzal... running the Quetzal into the ground and placing gateways around it. 

One of my Tapajaras serves as my in-base heavy lifter... it can even fly up and down the spiral staircases carrying heavy loads of resources to other levels. There is no other creature in ark that can quickly move heavy loads around tight spaces in a base like a Tapajara can. Period. 

Try a weight enforcer. Really fun. Also speed enforcer if you like going so fast you can beat render speeds! 

9 hours ago, BigFatBoy said:

Tapejaras are overrated (same as Quetzals). :P Argentavis FTW! ? We (my fiancee and I) have both, Tapejara and Quetzal, and we are using Argentavis most of the time. 

Edit: But if you need to use weapons Argentavis is not an option, unfortunately. :P

It’s awesome you and your Fiancé play together! My husband got me hooked. Before this I’ve never played a game.

I definitely rely on my Aggie for everything. From everything I’ve read I feel they aren’t getting enough credit. Thanks for your input. : D

9 hours ago, BigFatBoy said:

Tapejaras are overrated (same as Quetzals). :P Argentavis FTW! ? We (my fiancee and I) have both, Tapejara and Quetzal, and we are using Argentavis most of the time. 

Edit: But if you need to use weapons Argentavis is not an option, unfortunately. :P

I'd argue that Tapejaras are actually underrated, since most people don't see them as necessary. Same with Quetzals. Until they see how useful they are. But it's not a fault of the Tapejaras that many players are short sighted.

The Argentavis is very useful and its usefulness is way more obvious early on. But I'll tell you what... now that I'm mid-game, my Argies sit unused now... unless I need a slower flyer to lead wild fliers into traps. Wyverns, tapejaras and Quetzals do everything else. My Argies biggest job is to look good and make eggs & poop. 

4 hours ago, DeHammer said:

Tapejaras are also great if you have a Bronto with platform. I land my Tapejara on the platform and it goes with my Bronto on berry runs. Then I can make quick trips back to base if I need to, sometimes with loads of berries so I don't have to pull the Bronto back to base to empty it. 

Thank you so much. I’m definitely going to go for it. Im definitely needing a tank right now for high up building so you just made up my mind. :)

Archived