Can you have 2 characters in the same account / server?

steelhard

I have bought a second copy of ark for my crafting char. I run it on my old laptop while i use my main char on my computer. So i have two steam accounts and two copies and can have them both online on the same server at the same time. That way the crafter just has to stand there and click while i organize everything else with my main char.

On my main account i do have many characters tho, for different tasks. When i want to switch those, i go to a drop/obelisk and press travel to another server. Once the server is loaded and i get to see the spawn screen, i press esc and exit to main menu. Then this char is in the cloud and can be downloaded on any server of that cluster. Then i rejoin the server i was in originally and download the char i want from the cloud. All my chars could be in the same tribe if i wanted. But when i download a char to a server i have to make sure that i dont have another char sleeping on that server, because that one would be deleted upon downloading the new char. The game usually warns you in that case, but if your char is dead on a server, and u download another char to that server, it does not warn you. Thats why i always have all chars in the cloud and not laying around on servers. 

2 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

One thing to consider is that juggling them back and forth raises your chances of accidentally getting your character deleted. Also there is less of a point now that there is a cooldown period for mind wipe, no longer just once per level, it is once every 24 hrs.

If I plan to do anything that has to make me leave base is already a major annoyance with a full craftin char

11 hours ago, steelhard said:

I've heard of people managing more than 1 character in the same account & server. It has to do with the upload and poop I htink

The only way you can have two without doing the upload juggle is a second copy. I have a character for each map as well as a second copy for a crafter/backup character.

17 hours ago, steelhard said:

Can you have 2 characters in the same account / server?

Is there a way to do it so you can have a crafting character?

I used to do this. Every character is unique. If you move your character to a different server, you can create one on your old server and it will not mess with your old character at all.

I have a level 100 character floating around somewhere on some server, no idea where. After a couple of years of doing this, I just forgot where I moved it one day. I have went through steam history, but I jump so much for trades, that list is very long. I gave up and no longer do this.

On 5/29/2019 at 5:18 PM, JSacra said:

I used to do this. Every character is unique. If you move your character to a different server, you can create one on your old server and it will not mess with your old character at all.

I have a level 100 character floating around somewhere on some server, no idea where. After a couple of years of doing this, I just forgot where I moved it one day. I have went through steam history, but I jump so much for trades, that list is very long. I gave up and no longer do this.

yes, but each character you make on a given Steam account is the same for a given server. If you try to download a char from another server onto one with an existing char from the same Steam account, you get a message that you will destroy the other character. 

Archived