Community Crunch 183: Upcoming Legacy Server Removal & Social Roundup!

StudioWildcard

13 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I play Legacy and will always tell people about wipes. I also inform them about timers (imho dinos should say the timers again!). People come to Legacy because no tame cap and less lag. A few of my Ark friends quit new officials cause of the lag.

Not only that..on pvp new players and solo players or 2 or 3 friends can play there and survive more time.ppl that doesn t have time to play everyday have a chance on this servers.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, FututreCrow said:

Your responce still doesn't answer my question. And in fact only make the argeument for opening up one way transfer better. If there are so few of us then how will our transfering negitvliy effect other players? "They just dont want them to transfer to the current official server" is not an answer. Now if you tell me its because of legitimate barriors like setting differences then thats fine. It is what it is. But washing your hands of dedicated players just because you dont care is not how you keep your fan base.

I don't really know man, i don't work for wildcard.  What i do know is what I told you and "they just don't want them to transfer to the current official server" is actually an answer if they give it because they kind of own the servers.  I was trying to stress that there has been literally nothing to indicate they have reversed or are even considering reversing their original stance on legacy servers.  If you can find something, it's up to you whether or not you cling to it with hope in your heart.

I still play on the legacy network and I feel that, at this point, they should just integrate what is left of legacy back into the official network.  Most of the reasons they did it to begin with no longer apply.  As to the comment about the outrage some players may feel if they did this as they might have stayed I can use the argument others have used about us choosing to stay on legacy.  They could have as well.

That being said I understand it may never happen and if/when they get rid of the legacy network where we cannot transfer all of our hard work to another server I will shelve the game.  They are not the only game out there like this and I can easily go play Conan Exiles with friends (already do on a private server there at the moment).

Not trying to start an argument or anything.  Just giving my opinion and thoughts on this.  I just wish there wasn't so much hate directed towards the legacy players.  Most are good people, with the exception of the retards that come to the PvE and greif people because they cannot hack it on PvP.  We are part of the player base as well, even if most don't care about that fact.

On 5/29/2019 at 7:02 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

Imagine how all the players that left the doomed legacy servers right away at release (knowing they would go away) just to find out that they could have stayed and kept their stuff all along if only they had waited long enough.  

That outrage would far outpace the few people that held on for some reason all this time. 

Should have just ripped that bandaid off back when it would have hurt less. 

Few ppl hell... we are 1000 if not more my rag server alone hits 30+ people on legacy... plus to mention why we became legacy in the first place. GM mistakes which are present in the new clusters ...literally  no difference in the two .we held on because wc stated they would not wipe the entire legacy cluster 

Edited by Lycan187u

On 5/29/2019 at 10:47 PM, SirFox said:

Coming up on 21 hours and still no list. So not sure yet. But if your server has an average of 4 players or less. Might want to get ready to move to a more populated server. Or just delete the game. Because a year or less from now they will do the same thing again. And delete slowly all of them. And of course the pops will always go down. No one wants to join a server that will one day be deleted. 

Soo there is no list still ?

• Facepalm 1

On 5/31/2019 at 11:52 AM, Lycan187u said:

Here's the thing WC stated the top 30 most populated  legacy servers will not see a server wipe so...can we just get a actual  list of the top 30 populated  servers so everyone can prepare to find a spot an play the game as intended. 

Populations are always in flux through.

So Ive been playing on a legacy hardcore pve server and under the transfer server list i only see other hardcore servers which are also up for deletion... does that mean i cant switch?? I've tried swithing to a non-hardcore pve server, creating a new character and downloading data of a dodo i placed in the obelisk but i couldnt see it. Is this because i need to log into the new server with the same character as the previous server?