Community Crunch 183: Upcoming Legacy Server Removal & Social Roundup!

StudioWildcard

3 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Most of the player base did exactly that when the game was officially released.

Some did, as for most, i'm sure you have hard numbers to prove that, i'll not wait on em though.
My point is simple, I am not moving to new servers to make you or anyone else happy, People complaining about low populations on new servers somehow think I if if they trash the old servers that we will be forced onto new servers.
WRONG, Wildcard has the right to run their business as they see fit, I am free to walk away.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Razen said:

Other legacy servers that were deleted got more time to prepare to move to other servers. This time is like 13days to prepare all. If not less

Any chance to postpone deletion, and give legacy players at least 30 days once the server list is available?

From my personal experience, 30 days is not enough time to move everything.

Edit to add:

15 days means sacrifices may have to be made. I can relate to the emotional pain of having to give up stuff due to the limited time available, like when we had four days >.<!

For everyone having to endure this, my heart aches for you, I know what it is like. You are not alone.

I wish more people were more sympathetic in your struggle, I too have felt the pain. I still have nightmares, and feel emotional sadness at what I had to give up. It was so good, but someone else decided for me, took control, and there was nothing I could do to save the happy things that I invested years into, to have to lose that stuff that gives me so much pleasure in my life, because someone else doesn't seem to care enough to help me save what I want to keep.

Edited by GreenRoc

This is bulls**t, We (legacy players) basically paid to beta test your game because we loved the game, years of countless bugs, rerolls, wipes we stick with the game,

You come out of beta and announce new servers and that legacy wont get support, that's fine most loyal fans stayed anyway and endured months of griefing and trolls on top of existing bugs, thats ark life for you.

you kill off some low population servers for new content, that's fine too helps keeps the game alive.

but removing all legacy servers is absolute bulls**t(No legacy server is safe), it would appear that since the games official launch there has been noting but contempt for legacy players.

I've tried your official servers and all i got was pillars everywhere, dino caps, 10x worse lag than legacy.

you guys are s**ting all over us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, irishstorm said:

This is bulls**t, We (legacy players) basically paid to beta test your game because we loved the game, years of countless bugs, rerolls, wipes we stick with the game,

You come out of beta and announce new servers and that legacy wont get support, that's fine most loyal fans stayed anyway and endured months of griefing and trolls on top of existing bugs, thats ark life for you.

you kill off some low population servers for new content, that's fine too helps keeps the game alive.

but removing all legacy servers is absolute bulls**t(No legacy server is safe), it would appear that since the games official launch there has been noting but contempt for legacy players.

I've tried your official servers and all i got was pillars everywhere, dino caps, 10x worse lag than legacy.

you guys are s**ting all over us.

I second this ... I mostly avoided this forum in the past few years because of the constant legacy hate. What the hell did we do to deserve this? I can live without official service from the developers, but why the constant hate from people who are never ever going to meet those players ingame, in social networks or in real life? Not every server is toxic wasteland. If you have a strong server community, trolls have no chance. We've had many of those who blocked with structures, lured titans and gigas, stole items, blocked with dinos ... guess what, they're all gone because of a strong server community. One player gets "attacked", the others are there to help. Strangers across countries became friends, even love relationships had been established. It's an insane developement that I couldn't have foreseen 4 years ago. 

From my point of view, Wildcard should be taking one of the following 3 decisions:

1.) Shutdown all legacy servers
2.) Migrate all remaining legacy servers to official network
3.) Leave them be until the end of ARK online gaming

Choose wisely and maybe, just maybe, talk to the players ...

• Thanks 1

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Legislator said:

Migrate all remaining legacy servers to official network

Imagine how all the players that left the doomed legacy servers right away at release (knowing they would go away) just to find out that they could have stayed and kept their stuff all along if only they had waited long enough.  

That outrage would far outpace the few people that held on for some reason all this time. 

Should have just ripped that bandaid off back when it would have hurt less. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

the point of legacy servers is that they don't want them transferring to the current official clusters. legacy servers were a way to get rid of the pre launch servers without actually having to take the blowback of getting rid of them all at once. 

They rightly projected that people would eventually lose interest and they could safely remove them in the future at which point they would only be angering a handful of die hard players instead of a huge chunk of their player base.  There was a never a plan in which nobody was going to be angry.

Your responce still doesn't answer my question. And in fact only make the argeument for opening up one way transfer better. If there are so few of us then how will our transfering negitvliy effect other players? "They just dont want them to transfer to the current official server" is not an answer. Now if you tell me its because of legitimate barriors like setting differences then thats fine. It is what it is. But washing your hands of dedicated players just because you dont care is not how you keep your fan base.

• Facepalm 2

Im so confused...first it says, "Legacy servers will continue to remain on a separate cluster from the new cluster, which means you will not be able to transfer anything between Legacy servers and the new servers."

Then, "Below is a complete list of the LEGACY servers that will be deleted come June 11th. You have from now until then to move your belongings onto a server not present on this list. "

I understand you may have your reasons for not wanting us to be able to move our things but for people who have been playing on these servers for years, this is really heartbreaking :(

1 hour ago, FututreCrow said:

Your responce still doesn't answer my question. And in fact only make the argeument for opening up one way transfer better. If there are so few of us then how will our transfering negitvliy effect other players? "They just dont want them to transfer to the current official server" is not an answer. Now if you tell me its because of legitimate barriors like setting differences then thats fine. It is what it is. But washing your hands of dedicated players just because you dont care is not how you keep your fan base.

I agree :(

I mean, there's 3 of us who have been playing together for 2 years and this is so crazy upsetting to lose everything we've been working hard at. Lots of memories there.

Just now, izzykitty19 said:

I agree :(

I mean, there's 3 of us who have been playing together for 2 years and this is so crazy upsetting to lose everything we've been working hard at. Lots of memories there.

If you’ve been playing for 2 years, why did you continue playing on legacy when you could have just started fresh on the official cluster and only would have sacrificed a couple months?

Just now, SaltyMonkey said:

If you’ve been playing for 2 years, why did you continue playing on legacy when you could have just started fresh on the official cluster and only would have sacrificed a couple months?

Honestly, when we started we had no idea what that even meant. We were still fairly new to the game, having only played for about a year before that (maybe). We found a server with no lag and a great community, probably about 30 reg players at that time. Made awesome friends. By the time we realized what a legacy server was, we had already invested a lot into it. I think this is probably the case with a lot of noobs. 

We have been trying for about 4 months to set up new, but man alive is it difficult to find a decent PvE server out there. I can understand not wanting to support dead servers. I'm just shocked that they would delete them without giving some of us dedicated players a chance to move somewhere else. Plus, it's sad to lose everything :(

20 minutes ago, izzykitty19 said:

Honestly, when we started we had no idea what that even meant. We were still fairly new to the game, having only played for about a year before that (maybe). We found a server with no lag and a great community, probably about 30 reg players at that time. Made awesome friends. By the time we realized what a legacy server was, we had already invested a lot into it. I think this is probably the case with a lot of noobs. 

I think you’ll find the selfish long term legacy players who had no intentions of moving to the new official cluster are to blame for that too. They knew they needed to keep their legacy servers populated so purposefully withheld the information to noobs.

• Wildcard Community
2 hours ago, Evildead571 said:

So I'm having hard time understanding  In one part the list  It says that cluster 7 will be moving  into cluster 6  then in the ps4 removals its say those server will be removed. So is cluster 6 going to be safe to stay in? Or u just wiping out the servers???

I've corrected this now so its hopefully less confusing. The servers will have their transfers merged to allow players to move from cluster 6 to 7. After the 11th, cluster 6 will be deleted. In essence you must move to cluster 7 otherwise anything left on 6 is deleted.

3 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Im tempted to move back to Legacy.  Since playing official I've seen a giant amount of PR disasters from WC over enforcement.  I've also seen the community whine about every little iteration.

The guys I still talk to on Legacy seems quite happy because of the lack of support from WC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

• Wildcard Community
9 hours ago, Arkaholic said:

We need to know whats happening with the latest updates coming to consoles including that memory update the pc got an we still haven't heard if it's coming to consoles.

It's been stated several times by several staff members that it's coming to console. It was even mentioned in at least one of the recent crunches. But in case you're still unsure, yes it is indeed coming soon to console.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SaltyMonkey said:

I think you’ll find the selfish long term legacy players who had no intentions of moving to the new official cluster are to blame for that too. They knew they needed to keep their legacy servers populated so purposefully withheld the information to noobs.

I play Legacy and will always tell people about wipes. I also inform them about timers (imho dinos should say the timers again!). People come to Legacy because no tame cap and less lag. A few of my Ark friends quit new officials cause of the lag.

• Thanks 1

I'm a legacy player and i left when the new servers got announced. Why? To get away from legacy tribes that had Duped stuff (Thinking it wouldn't be a problem how i was wrong) i had no problem with it, meshing got me on the new servers and dupers got me on Legacy.

I have zero complaints, Legacy was a S**t show for abuse and exploits. "How would us being so few negatively effect others" easy. The amount of uncontested time you've had to build, grow, tame, raise. You could potentially have insane bloodlines compared to everyone else etc stop thinking with a closed view and i agree with this migration. Legacy servers should be gone, they were there to test the game. You tested the game, now move on.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Imagine how all the players that left the doomed legacy servers right away at release (knowing they would go away) just to find out that they could have stayed and kept their stuff all along if only they had waited long enough.  

That outrage would far outpace the few people that held on for some reason all this time. 

Is there any reason as to why your coming across that you hate legacy players? because it definitely seems like you have a biased against legacy players.

• Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, FututreCrow said:

Because of all the bugged items (berries used to make turrets and high end blueprints) and massive amount of duped items.

Not saying official didn't have some/has some duping going on but it was on another level during EA. 

Too much cheating to integrate that into the official network.

Right or wrong, that's your main reasoning.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Zesh said:

Because they don't care about consoles.

That's 3 useless crunches in a row now. 2 about auto-decay and one about Legacy. The same repeated answers about, no plans to bring anything to console, how hard fixes are, or that they are aware of problems. Nothing new. 

-Jen-  disappears for days on end dodging our questions then updates about her "cool new tattoo".

-Ced- Seems to be doing good with communicating, but again no definitive answers other then a proverbial, "Maybe"

If this company really care about their customers, there would be a lot more communication. They would try to quash as many rumors as fast as they can [I.E. the additional Maps that people talk about] They would make updates for consoles come out a lot more consistently. [By making a constant submission process to Microsoft maybe? Like every other Friday, and update us when they don't submit anything...i dunno] Switch implementation is non existent anymore.

I understand they are a company and have a lot of shizz in the air to juggle, but their community leaders suck plain and simple. 

I will be surprised if consoles get anything more than "Quality of Life" updates anymore. 

Get your act together Wildcard.

At least YOUR console has gotten updates and responses... 

Edited by mattj

5 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Because of all the bugged items (berries used to make turrets and high end blueprints) and massive amount of duped items.

Not saying official didn't have some/has some duping going on but it was on another level during EA. 

Too much cheating to integrate that into the official network.

Right or wrong, that's your main reasoning.

This is why they will never let lagecy servers intergrate into official servers. We were all told this when the new servers hit and why most of the player base moved.