Community Crunch 183: Upcoming Legacy Server Removal & Social Roundup!

StudioWildcard

5 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

They do have that list. The servers that are not Legacy.

U miss my point its about respect to the die hard players that stay on legacy. I know there is official servers I can play and if I wanted to play them I would of already, but I have chosen to stay on legacy. I think we deserve some respect from wildcard and be told straight what their intentions are with the servers that are left. Having the great migration gives the impression they are keeping so many servers which will be safe to move too. Knowing which servers are safe will make it easier for us to move to instead of picking a server that might be up for the chop in a while and have to move again. 

• Thanks 1

• Volunteer Moderator
37 minutes ago, Kebab29 said:

but I have chosen to stay on legacy.

You chose to stay on a platform that you knew at the time would be shutdown in the future.

You do have that respect, they gave you a choice. You made it.

There are no "safe" servers on Legacy. Just ones that haven't shut down... yet.

• Like 1

Because they don't care about consoles.

That's 3 useless crunches in a row now. 2 about auto-decay and one about Legacy. The same repeated answers about, no plans to bring anything to console, how hard fixes are, or that they are aware of problems. Nothing new. 

-Jen-  disappears for days on end dodging our questions then updates about her "cool new tattoo".

-Ced- Seems to be doing good with communicating, but again no definitive answers other then a proverbial, "Maybe"

If this company really care about their customers, there would be a lot more communication. They would try to quash as many rumors as fast as they can [I.E. the additional Maps that people talk about] They would make updates for consoles come out a lot more consistently. [By making a constant submission process to Microsoft maybe? Like every other Friday, and update us when they don't submit anything...i dunno] Switch implementation is non existent anymore.

I understand they are a company and have a lot of shizz in the air to juggle, but their community leaders suck plain and simple. 

I will be surprised if consoles get anything more than "Quality of Life" updates anymore. 

Get your act together Wildcard.

Edited by Zesh
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

You chose to stay on a platform that you knew at the time would be shutdown in the future.

You do have that respect, they gave you a choice. You made it.

There are no "safe" servers on Legacy. Just ones that haven't shut down... yet.

Sorry I must of missed the time wildcard said they would eventually shutdown the legacy servers. All I know is they wanted to assess the servers over time and close the servers that are low populated. This great migration has been going on for two years now and yet legacy still here and many of the servers I play are busy. I think legacy players have played the game a long time and might still be playing for years to come. But I think it's time for legacy players to have a cluster of servers for each map so we know what servers won't be chopped whilst legacy players continue to play them and populate them. 

The developers of Ark, really are a bunch of incompetent, not interested in solving the errors caused by their game in terms of optimization and bugs, it is actually more reliable to play on an unofficial Server, in any case I have asked for 3 times support and not  they have done nothing, if the Server legacy disappears;  It will be the signal to change to more current games.

Once legacy is all gone I will leave the game for good. When the game was under development. The player base was your game testers... we all played a game we enjoyed, spent time and put hard work into bloodlines or amazing bases. Had wars with tribes and won or lost. In all of that WE the player base helped you make ark what it is. In terms of player feedback and helping identify bugs. Our reward for that? Once ark had it’s official release, we were shoved into “Legacy” servers and all our work was for nothing.  The real fix would have been to let the new servers become established. Then phase in cross server transfers. So the new players could get a feel for the game outside of legacy where all the experienced players could continue to play. Then 6 months to a year after the new cluster had been around. Allow legacy servers to integrate to the current official servers. And kill off legacy. But instead the devs have chosen to end the game for those of us who ever had anything worth playing for on the original servers.  I won’t call them legacy.  That’s in insult to everyone else who feels the same way I do. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Atreides52 said:

soo which legacy servers is going to delete ?

Coming up on 21 hours and still no list. So not sure yet. But if your server has an average of 4 players or less. Might want to get ready to move to a more populated server. Or just delete the game. Because a year or less from now they will do the same thing again. And delete slowly all of them. And of course the pops will always go down. No one wants to join a server that will one day be deleted. 

Edited by SirFox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kebab29 said:

U miss my point its about respect to the die hard players that stay on legacy. I know there is official servers I can play and if I wanted to play them I would of already, but I have chosen to stay on legacy. I think we deserve some respect from wildcard and be told straight what their intentions are with the servers that are left. Having the great migration gives the impression they are keeping so many servers which will be safe to move too. Knowing which servers are safe will make it easier for us to move to instead of picking a server that might be up for the chop in a while and have to move again. 

Every migration is a new list of low population legacy servers. They will keep being culled.

31 minutes ago, SirFox said:

Another way to look at it. Anyone still playing on the original servers (legacy servers) is wildcards MOST loyal player base... ever choosing to slowly delete all of those players, hard work, enjoyment and time, is not how you treat your most loyal players... 

Exactly, anyone who thinks I am gonna walk away from all my time and effort and join low populated new servers has a serious flaw in their logic.

6 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

They rightly projected that people would eventually lose interest and they could safely remove them in the future

I personally didnt lose interest in my gaming/social home of over 2 years...
I am still interested, but my enjoyment came under threat (see my full post) after it became legacy.

I tried to continue my enjoyment, but I struggle to get my old legacy save file to work well without lagging like 2fps or crashing.

I left Legacy mostly because of lack of support. Example of verbal attacks: I was called nasty racial slurs, reported it, but my ticket was turned down due to it happening on "Legacy". I've seen numerous rule-breaking incidents,  and felt an overall feeling that PvE Legacy became a home for cruel gamers who preyed on other gamers who wanted nothing to do with PvP.

My last straw was encountering a player-made 4-high Behemoth wall stretching 8 or more across to block a path I had used everyday in Aberration, and GM's were not allowed to get involved to remove it.

I didnt leave Legacy out of lack of interest, I left because I was being attacked, verbally, emotionally, in-game physically (directed at me or not). I left because I was terrified of losing my things due to some player-made attack, and left because I was unable to enjoy the game on the same server with inconsiderate players who broke rules everyday and no GM's would help.

I also hate starting from nothing in Ark, intensely stressful, severely unenjoyable, and a whole lotta DoNotWants.

So much about this game I deeply loathe... but too much I enjoy that I keep going, regardless of all the dilos.

P.S. I tried to quit before, posted publicly that I would not return, yet I find myself still playing Official, enjoying it in some ways, but I had to severely limit where I go, strongly depend on my tribemate for resources in areas far too dangerous for my tolerances... I have to avoid the bad so I dont have another severe anxiety/meltdown attack. I've had global chat off for months now... Tempted to look at what people say, strongly desiring to see tribe chat, but I do not risk it, not anymore since the last time I was verbally attacked in Ark. Now I tab out to discord, anytime I want to chat with my tribemate. I have to keep chat off due to how sensitive I am to verbal attacks, and the in-game chat's lack of /ignore. Mental struggles are a very real struggle for me, directly affecting what I should and shouldn't do in-game... I have to find filters to make it work, so I can enjoy what I enjoy.

My time with my Tribemate is unlike anything else, and I do not want to give that up.

TL;DR:

I still miss Legacy, still wish I had what I had there, but Legacy grew into a community I could not stand to be around, and no support to get rid of (or punish/warn) the nasties. My tribemate left long before I gave up on it too.

Edited by GreenRoc

11 hours ago, EviLTrusis said:

Need to close all legacy servers, so they start play officials, not that long time since ext come out and servers are almost empty xD

So you want to kill 4 years of work just to have people start on new servers that have been going what, 1-2 years already? Those new servers will also be shut down eventually so why should we have to lose our time spent just to lose it again eventually?

Does nobody remember  what was said about the top 30 populated  legacy servers will not see a wipe ??? I figure  there's roughly  1000 legacy players still active on the legacy cluster if they closed all legacy there would be a lot of mad\disappointed  players joining the new offical network haha an we the legacy  do not wait for support to handle our problems we bite our lips an gnash our teeth an handle the problems...

Edited by Lycan187u