building Building on extinction has too many restrictions

Human123Tribe123

So after hours of scouting in singleplayer I found 3 hidden spots I could build a nice little base. I'm speaking about spots mostly in the city. I however found 2-3 waaay better spots and about 10 worth trying to build a base or hang a cliff platform on. But the game doesn't let me. Out of building range, something blocks, no ground etc. all the notifications you get. Some make somewhat sence but still, it's accessable and not in the mesh. These restrictions seem so random. I'm not sure what the intent is. Meshing protection out of hand? I can't really think of another reason. I saw the same on center here and there but not to this extent. The city pillars have so many nice spots you're not allowed to build in, even some open very flat spots are restricted.

Why is that, do you consider this a bug? Should I send in reports for the locations?

• 2 weeks later...

Well depending on where you build, most of the surfaces you want to build on aren't actual floor layers. Like they way these maps are made are with multiple layers, one being the base floor, two being walls, three being extrusions to get the rough detail of the item and four being small details and all that stuff. Most of the time you cant build on Layer 3 but there are exemptions and layer 4 say no ground or snap point most of the time. It isnt a bug or anything, its just how maps are being made.

I'm sure I know some of the spots you're talking about since I did the same exact thing and came up with the same exact results. 

If you report it they will send a generic response that implies that's how it was intended upon creation.

In reality WC may fix it within a year, cover them up entirely or just allow it to remain as is. 

• 2 months later...

A lot of the spots were changed to intentionally be unable to be built in which imo limited spots in the city for pvp servers dramatically. Unfortunately there just arent very many good spots for pvp servers if you are trying to build up without being wiped instantly. If they changed building restrictions it would make extinction more enjoyable for building purposes.

Archived