direwolf vs saber (mobile)

rexsamz

direwolf vs saber (mobile)

hello...So I was wondering if the saber is better than the direwolf in ark mobile since in console or pc the saber has a saddle therefore gets additional armour of it which puts the direwolf at a disadvantage when it comes to taking hits and caving.On the other hand in ark mobile direwolf's can be equipped with helmets providing them more armour so  would this put them on par with a mastercraft saddle saber if the direwolf had for example a mastercraft flack helmet.Im just starting out in the game and Im going to tame a direwolf but when browsing through the wiki I discovered direwolf's can equip helmets which lead me to ask this question.Please be free to share you thoughts ?

I'm a sabertooth breeder, and I use cats. Before wolves could equip headgear, my cats were superior even to max level cave wolves.

That said, after they gave the wolves a head equipment slot, they basically made every other small mount in the game obsolete, including sabertooth. I enjoy and support the dev team, but that was a really bad choice. Now, a lvl 10 noob can tame a max lvl cave wolf and equip it with a m/c or ascendant flak helmet, and he can go anywhere and attack just about anything in the game.

Players on my server laugh at me because I still use the cats that took me months to breed up, while they are in fact inferior to an armored cave wolf. I have hope that they will rebalance wolves at some point because they have really broken the game.

4 minutes ago, TheHarlequin77 said:

I'm a sabertooth breeder, and I use cats. Before wolves could equip headgear, my cats were superior even to max level cave wolves.

That said, after they gave the wolves a head equipment slot, they basically made every other small mount in the game obsolete, including sabertooth. I enjoy and support the dev team, but that was a really bad choice. Now, a lvl 10 noob can tame a max lvl cave wolf and equip it with a m/c or ascendant flak helmet, and he can go anywhere and attack just about anything in the game.

Players on my server laugh at me because I still use the cats that took me months to breed up, while they are in fact inferior to an armored cave wolf. I have hope that they will rebalance wolves at some point because they have really broken the game.

that must be tough all those months of breeding to only find it was was huge waste,First I thought yea I don't have to waste engrams on a saber saddle let alone tame one but after your comment I see that its not right its not right like you said,a level 10 noob shouldn't be able to have access to such a powerful mount so early on,the saber saddle requires a medium level to unlock it which made sense because it was better than its counter part(direwolf) which could be tamed at any level but now the direwolf is better than saber on (mobile)with the extra armour and pack boost, infact it seems its so good it could probably dethrone one of my best caving dinos the baryonyx (which is also my favourite dino along with the spino)which shows a huge imbalance and this should be fixed asap maybe by like having a similar feature to the gigantopitcus where you have to be a certain level to tame it,maybe have a saddle instead of a helmet or just remove the helmetgear and increase the base health by like 200 

Archived