NO SUMMER FOR ARK ?

CamCam123

NO SUMMER FOR ARK ?

So i have been talking to my buddies and we are noticing that Ark has gone silent for new DLCs or TLCs. It is a bit sad since it has been a while since extinction. I mean, extinction is ok...compared to the thousand of dollars they have wasted on this mod developers which have created some incredible maps and own dinos. I have seen this modders create from versions of cheetahs to whole new maps that are more intriguing than what we have in official with the exception of Ragnarok and Center (center being a fan creation and ragnarok being the only map that is trully massive and unique in landscape). We need maps like Valguero and Crystal Isles soon.

I think at some point..AND SOON if they want to keep making money because this is all a business in the end they need to stop holding this maps hostages lol I mean, this are nearly completed if not 90% done! There cant be an excuse that they are not ready to release when Ragnarok came out when only 50% was done and the island when 70% was done....

LIKE ThIs POST IF YOU AGREE! 

Summer for Ark official servers is terrible. All the little kids out of school.

Mods contests/sponsorship do not guarantee these mods get added to the base game as free DLCs. Most mods are unfinished.

11 hours ago, CamCam123 said:

this are nearly completed if not 90% done!

This is false. Crystal Isles is listed as 75% and hasn't had updates in nearly a year. It probably wouldn't even run on consoles, not optimized.  

Valguero. It's harder to tell an overall percentage. But probably closer to 60-70%.

Map completition
Map completion 85% Surface 
(+/- 10%) Aberration
(+/- 5%) Underground Ocean
All Scorched Earth resources are available

Same topic, different subject line. There are about 50 different threads in the first 20 pages of the forums that say the exact thing. I hate to be "that guy", but perhaps add to one of those conversations instead of starting yet another "Extinction has been out 6 months, when is the new DLC" topic.

If you just went through two pages, you would see plenty of the same subject threads you could add insight in.

Also a ton of the same posts on reddit. Every time the devs turn around, there is another "Ark is dying, release new DLC!!" topic.

I am sure by now they have gotten the point. It sucks we have such a quiet dev team, I know.... It would be nice for more interaction, but they are tired of putting their foot in their mouth, so they just don't say anything ? Six one way, half a dozen the other.. The devs are in a corner with no escape. They cannot tell us something, which they have no clue if they will be able to deliver 100%, so we will bash them like crazy. They can stay quiet, but then we bitch about that.

Ark Released Early Access June 2, 2015 & Officially Released Aug 2017 

Then 2 DLC released after the game is out Officially

Aberration December 12, 2017

Extinction November 6, 2018

Sadly what destroys games more then anything is Early Access.

Wonder what would have happened if They had the money & time to do it properly.

Officially Release Aug 2017 - Scorched Earth 2018 - Aberration 2019 - Extinction 2020

Wonder how different some of the maps would be.

Hmmmm 

Well glad I waited till Ark was officially out before starting to play it, LOTS of things left to do, HAHA

10 minutes ago, Korizan said:

Never said it wasn't a good game, still playing it, just wonder how many wines would have been removed if they had more time and could have waited.

Oh wait I forgot people will always find something..... :) :) 

So it took them about a month to improve performance after launching Extinction. Perhaps they should have waited another month? It took about a month to clean up the mess that was Homestead (and we still suffer from that, lockups, etc). I believe if they had waited a month, it would have been better. Can say the same with SE and AB and every major content patch they have ever done. Always seems to take a month to clean it up.

Atlas was same thing. It launched and was incomplete and buggy as hell. Heck, containers were all unlocked and you couldnt even lock them for a month or so. I mean, seriously?? If they had waited another month, it would have been 500% better.

The take away from this is that they always seem to launch a month early. <-- Can be said about the majority of launches, of any game... ever. Now some launch better than others, but you can pretty much look at any game out there at launch and then a month later and there is a world of difference.

I will not put in my opinion of why this is, or what should be done. Just saying, its not just Ark. It happens all the time. Until you push the boat out in the water, you don't know if it is going to float. Your engineers can promise it will, but you never know.

Archived