Oxygen increase in case of dc on pve

GoneRogue

Oxygen increase in case of dc on pve

Can we get infinite oxygen or at least an equivalent effect to the chowder when we dc?

Was transferring to another server and dc on obelisk. Logged back in and I had died, fearing the worst I made my way back to the obelisk. Upon reaching my body it was in the water and naked. Clearly someone dragged me and drowned me. This with 300 oxygen. Lost a 250+ bear, mastercraft ghillie, crossbow and fabricated shotgun. Getting dc in this game and trolled is just part of it at this point, but can we at least get some measures so that we get a chance in case this happens. 

I mean would there have been a difference if instead of drowning you he had just stabbed you in the face, or baited a dilo to you, made you eat a rare flower and watch as you get eaten by dodo's, or heck even just fed you your own poop. 

I'm afraid that this comes hand in hand with having an always online persistent game like ark, this is why one needs to be careful when logging out, unfortunately the DC thing happens and it can be annoying when it happens in area where your sleeping body will be vulnerable and out in the open. But a simple increase in oxygen will not save you from another player who finds your sleeping body and wants to kill you, there are many ways that they can achieve this without drowning you. 

Not to mention if something like you are suggesting was implemented it would get fully abused. Imagine players hoarding all their stuff in their invens then just logging off deep in the ocean as they cant drown when they are logged off. It is a lot easier to hide a sleeper in the ocean than it would be on the beach or in a base. 

Also would having infinite oxygen even help? I mean think about it, some guy pulls you into the ocean, your body sinks slowly to the bottom as you arent able to drown while you are dc'd, then you log back in and are at the ocean floor and now are drowning, you start to swim back up but realize you will never make it in time.... How has this helped?

In pve they cannot access your inventory or kill you. They can lead animals to you and drown you only. The infinite oxygen could be abused, therefore a chowder effect would be preferable. It would give you a chance to log back in, but you can still drown. They could also just make it so people cannot can only carry tribe members. 

On 5/27/2019 at 10:12 AM, GoneRogue said:

They could also just make it so people cannot can only carry tribe members. 

... until some griefer decides to keep creating toons on the server and leaves bodies 'asleep' stacked up against your doors.
Perhaps the best answer is that you don't consume oxy during the 15m cooldown after d/c. That should give you enough time to either reconnect, or call a friend/tribe-member to drag you somewhere safe (or intentionally drown you after 15m and store your stuff). 

6 hours ago, WitchesTwex said:

... until some griefer decides to keep creating toons on the server and leaves bodies 'asleep' stacked up against your doors.
Perhaps the best answer is that you don't consume oxy during the 15m cooldown after d/c. That should give you enough time to either reconnect, or call a friend/tribe-member to drag you somewhere safe (or intentionally drown you after 15m and store your stuff). 

Yeah. It would also help in case you get kicked in water.

Archived