Clarity of rules about parking pets around obi?

Jemcrystal

1 minute ago, JSacra said:

Ok, I am going to go off on one of my tangents here..... support is there, you just cannot rely on them. Period.

You can put a forcefield around a wyvern nest on PvE and it is not considered a violation, since other nests next to it (even though those never spawn eggs...), but if you breed 10 event jerboa, your base is wiped for T.O.S. violations. The guy with 100 rex put in a ticket against you, since they cannot hatch another 20 rex after your 10 jerboa put server at cap. God I wish I was joking....

Well for me I still play legacy I can handle most situations  with ease but for anyone playing  offical ... ur screwed  xD I can't be bothered  with the Coc or the tos offical can keep it ;)

2 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

Well for me I still play legacy I can handle most situations  with ease but for anyone playing  offical ... ur screwed  xD I can't be bothered  with the Coc or the tos offical can keep it ;)

I sometimes regret making the move from legacy, but everyone we traded with was moving, so we bit the bullet.

20 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

ORP also creates problems. 

ORP also leads to some very funny situations.

There was a tribe of bootyholes on our island server. They did nothing but insult everyone, harass people and were just general jerks. We all got tired of it after a while and someone brought a wild giga down from near carno, to their base. Now they were under ORP, so you may ask why? Because he got it stuck (on purpose) in their base. When they logged in, we all just got popcorn and sat down for the fun.

Now one may ask, is this against T.O.S.? No clue... it has been said that luring was not, on PvE. It was then said it was. It was then said it wasn't. All I know is that the tribe that was causing so much grief in our community was dealt with. Not only that, but in dealing with them, someone provided the community with much enjoyment for the day. O.R.P. worked in our favor that time.

4 minutes ago, JSacra said:

ORP also leads to some very funny situations.

There was a tribe of bootyholes on our island server. They did nothing but insult everyone, harass people and were just general jerks. We all got tired of it after a while and someone brought a wild giga down from near carno, to their base. Now they were under ORP, so you may ask why? Because he got it stuck (on purpose) in their base. When they logged in, we all just got popcorn and sat down for the fun.

Now one may ask, is this against T.O.S.? No clue... it has been said that luring was not, on PvE. It was then said it was. It was then said it wasn't. All I know is that the tribe that was causing so much grief in our community was dealt with. Not only that, but in dealing with them, someone provided the community with much enjoyment for the day. O.R.P. worked in our favor that time.

D1NK condones this action, lol. My official days were back in EA and we had fun dealing with ... bootyholes... (lol) this way. I even accidently wiped a base once, turns out he was the notorious fert egg thief though, so it worked out

Not sure why I am responding to this as I doubt people are actually going to agree. Here goes anyway:

1. I do see why people leave dinos around the Ob;  its laziness. I feel for you if your base is a long way away, but just move them further out, leave the zone free for others - its a public Ob.

2. It used to really annoy me, and I will always call out in world chat if I am running a boss fight and people have left their dinos on the Ob - I will not waste an evening looking for someone to move their dino. I'm polite and ask, but I have a game to play so dont come running when its gone. I'm not so bothered about dinos at Obs now but its still 'bad' manners in my opinion.

3. If you are looking to do a trade when people are setting up a boss fight and have many dinos on the platform, then be pragmatic, its easier for you fly to another terminal and trade than it is for someone to reorganise their dinos - but come on, I have had so many complaints from people wanting to trade.

4. Finally, and yes, I have totally forgotten where I was going with this post but now that I have written this much I may as well carry on and finish it... JUST BE MORE THOUGHTFUL, move your dinos out, if they are Rexes or a large group of dinos, set them on a leash further out from the Oby. Let others use it impede free!

Sorry for my pointless post, Ill do better next time, got distracted at work.

9 minutes ago, Anarki said:

Not sure why I am responding to this as I doubt people are actually going to agree. Here goes anyway:

1. I do see why people leave dinos around the Ob;  its laziness. I feel for you if your base is a long way away, but just move them further out, leave the zone free for others - its a public Ob.

2. It used to really annoy me, and I will always call out in world chat if I am running a boss fight and people have left their dinos on the Ob - I will not waste an evening looking for someone to move their dino. I'm polite and ask, but I have a game to play so dont come running when its gone. I'm not so bothered about dinos at Obs now but its still 'bad' manners in my opinion.

3. If you are looking to do a trade when people are setting up a boss fight and have many dinos on the platform, then be pragmatic, its easier for you fly to another terminal and trade than it is for someone to reorganise their dinos - but come on, I have had so many complaints from people wanting to trade.

4. Finally, and yes, I have totally forgotten where I was going with this post but now that I have written this much I may as well carry on and finish it... JUST BE MORE THOUGHTFUL, move your dinos out, if they are Rexes or a large group of dinos, set them on a leash further out from the Oby. Let others use it impede free!

Sorry for my pointless post, Ill do better next time, got distracted at work.

Summary: laziness and being inconsiderate.

On 5/27/2019 at 7:49 AM, MIsterMayhem said:

Some people have played the game for years and don’t feel like walking 19 Rex’s to the ob to do fights.

Certain things become overly time consuming and if parking Rex’s at the ob makes it even slightly less excruciating then so be it. 

If you don’t like it, play single player. Or unofficial. 

Official servers aren’t for the weak hearted/willed. 

This is the exact reason why someone would put their dinos on the pad itself.... one selfish turn deserves another.  

Archived