Clarity of rules about parking pets around obi?

Jemcrystal

Clarity of rules about parking pets around obi?

Are we allowed to park our pets on the obolisk mountain, including the round, so long as we do not block the path leading up to the dais, and are not touching the dais itself?  May we park any type of pet and any number of pets and any size pets on the round? 

Do we have any recourse or protection against those who would falsely report us if we are NOT in violation?  That is the jealous or mentally ill people who cannot think outside of everyone everywhere has done them wrong; I don't know the name for that mental illness but I have met a few of those people in ark.  "Control issues" might be the polite way to describe it.

This picture is not my own stole it from source.

845190773-preview-8.png

The rules are clear, you dont leave dinos in the teleport platform. Apart from that you can fill the rest of the area with tames.

I would like more strict rules regarding this, but it is what it is.

I put this img in another topic not long ago, it is a good example of what is allowed because this has been reported and no further action been taken by gms:

3EBlhhl.jpg

As anyone who has ever done bosses would know, moving your own 19 rexes inside there is a torture getting stuck all the time with own tames and the ones around the circle.

Outside of a quick trip to another server to do a trade, there's no good reason to leave your dino's on or around the ob in PvE

It's super inconvenient for people trying to conduct boss fights and trades. 

Keep them at your base. That's why you have one.

Build a base near the ob to store boss dino's for a shorter trip but leave the ob area clear for everybody. 

14 minutes ago, MIsterMayhem said:

Why don’t you just unpod your Dino’s one by one  on the platform.

Otherwise, stop complaining.

its a online sandbox game. 

You have to deal with the dumb stuff people do on official servers. 

Learn to accept and adapt. 

There is nothing new or crazy about leaving Rex’s around the terminal. 

Back in the day people would leave rock elementals in rock form covering the actual obelisk terminal itself, which is actually something worth complaining about. 

Because of the cryo timers.

It's not even a point worth arguing. You're ignorant if you store your dino's on the ob and clutter up a public area on PvE

The one downside to ORP is you can't clear that mess as easily anymore.

7 hours ago, MIsterMayhem said:

Your absolutely correct, it’s not worth arguing. 

Some people have played the game for years and don’t feel like walking 19 Rex’s to the ob to do fights.

Certain things become overly time consuming and if parking Rex’s at the ob makes it even slightly less excruciating then so be it. 

If you don’t like it, play single player. Or unofficial. 

Official servers aren’t for the weak hearted/willed. 

Until they make s+trans on officials you can keep complaining about practices that have been around long before you even heard of ark. 

Lot of irony in this statement.

"Official servers aren't for the weak and you should play unofficial but I want things easier and special mods ?"

Lol. Sounds like you need unofficial.

Anyway, this is going nowhere. You're the type to keep cluttering the ob thinking you run the server and I'm the type that'll keep sending dino's into the fights if they are in my way or knocking them out the way with a wild diplo. It's worked for my years on official. 

Enjoy your time in Ark. ?

7 hours ago, MIsterMayhem said:

Your absolutely correct, it’s not worth arguing. 

Some people have played the game for years and don’t feel like walking 19 Rex’s to the ob to do fights.

Certain things become overly time consuming and if parking Rex’s at the ob makes it even slightly less excruciating then so be it. 

If you don’t like it, play single player. Or unofficial. 

Official servers aren’t for the weak hearted/willed. 

Until they make s+trans on officials you can keep complaining about practices that have been around long before you even heard of ark. 

Hes been around here a lot longer and more activley than you ever have.

Edit: Just saw you play on PS4 - You only got the game a little bit ago. Everyone else has been around way longer and we had to actually go through early access.. talking about not long enough.. dont be an idiot

You could use cliff platforms and keep your rexes off to the side or if this can not be done than a ramp going down to the obi with a dino pen to the side of the ramp (the ramp can be for easier community access or for a single tribe aslong as the single tribe makes it out of the way) which makes easier access and frees up space for the community.

On 5/26/2019 at 12:57 AM, yekrucifixion187 said:

Outside of a quick trip to another server to do a trade, there's no good reason to leave your dino's on or around the ob in PvE

It's super inconvenient for people trying to conduct boss fights and trades. 

11 hours ago, MIsterMayhem said:

You have to deal with the dumb stuff people do on official servers. 

Learn to accept and adapt. 

Unfortunately, etiquette is increasingly rare on Official PvE servers.  In FACT, I would personally go so far as to say in my 7000+ hours, there is primarily an opposite sentiment towards etiquette on Official PvE.  If people have a choice between doing something considerate and doing something that will inconvenience others, slow other people down, or frustrate/anger others, they will choose the latter.  People default toward making the choice that shows a LACK of etiquette, and most times it isn't because they are just lazy.  More often than not I feel like it's because of the sociopathic need to show their asses and be crappy to other people while staying -JUST- inside the line of what is and isn't allowed in the Code of Conduct.

Then, people come along on the forums and tell others to accept it and move on, validating all the would-be almost-griefers to go to their server and do it uppp.  Official PvE servers and the forums are really an interesting pair.

13 hours ago, TheDonn said:

Unfortunately, etiquette is increasingly rare on Official PvE servers.  In FACT, I would personally go so far as to say in my 7000+ hours, there is primarily an opposite sentiment towards etiquette on Official PvE

I have 9k hours and have noticed that it depends entirely on the server you are on. The island server I play on has a real nice community. I just walked rex up to obi and someone had a velo in middle of path, next to their rex. The velo was sticking out a bit and made walking rex a pain. I asked for it to be moved..... it was!

Wash, rinse, repeat. A kind word on a good server works wonders. On official since legacy.

2 hours ago, devid20 said:

You can start the boss from an orb. supply drop, thats how ppl with brain do the bosses.

On the one hand I would love to dis this comment, since it is insulting. No reason to imply people who use obi have no brains. You sir are part of the problem here on the forums.

Now on to the comment... So having to rely on drops to do bosses is just silly. I have done it, so I feel like I can honestly comment on this. I used to have a base surrounding a drop, just for this. Door left unlocked for people on foot, FYI. You need one or two people out on flyers doing drops in the area to try and force that one to spawn. This can take up to half an hour on some days, if RNG is not kind.

So no, drops are not the perfect solution. You have to find a drop that is not blocked and that you can easily access. You end up with some of the same problems you do with obi.

On 5/26/2019 at 9:23 AM, arkark said:

The rules are clear, you dont leave dinos in the teleport platform. Apart from that you can fill the rest of the area with tames.

I would like more strict rules regarding this, but it is what it is.

I put this img in another topic not long ago, it is a good example of what is allowed because this has been reported and no further action been taken by gms:

3EBlhhl.jpg

As anyone who has ever done bosses would know, moving your own 19 rexes inside there is a torture getting stuck all the time with own tames and the ones around the circle.

So first, people leave their dinos like that.

Then they complain about gasbags needing a fix.

2 minutes ago, JSacra said:

So when they patch gasbags, we will all complain that there is no way to clear obi anymore, so they need to revert gasbags.

No wonder the devs are so crazy, we can't make up our minds what we want!! ?

Honestly PvE needs in-game means to deal with player conflict. PvE official seems overly passive-aggressive. There needs to be a diplomacy system that actually works.

2 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Honestly PvE needs in-game means to deal with player conflict. PvE official seems overly passive-aggressive. There needs to be a diplomacy system that actually works.

Well ORP fixed a lot of the ways we used to deal with conflict. Luring gigas to bases, luring alphas up from below the obi to clear platform... Every time we find ways to deal with conflict on PvE, it gets patched. I am not saying that is a bad thing, just saying we have slowly lost our tools....

So I agree 100% with you.

So someone is going to reply and say people should play PvP and it gets rid of those problems. Please don't, my tummy hurts and I do not feel like laughing at you.

1 minute ago, JSacra said:

Well ORP fixed a lot of the ways we used to deal with conflict. Luring gigas to bases, luring alphas up from below the obi to clear platform... Every time we find ways to deal with conflict on PvE, it gets patched. I am not saying that is a bad thing, just saying we have slowly lost our tools....

So I agree 100% with you.

So someone is going to reply and say people should play PvP and it gets rid of those problems. Please don't, my tummy hurts and I do not feel like laughing at you.

Ya sadly I can't wipe bases with a dung beetle anymore xD beta version was the best lol if u had a problem you solved it ... now all we can do is cry to support  that's not actually  there lol

13 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

Ya sadly I can't wipe bases with a dung beetle anymore xD beta version was the best lol if u had a problem you solved it ... now all we can do is cry to support  that's not actually  there lol

Ok, I am going to go off on one of my tangents here..... support is there, you just cannot rely on them. Period.

You can put a forcefield around a wyvern nest on PvE and it is not considered a violation, since other nests next to it (even though those never spawn eggs...), but if you breed 10 event jerboa, your base is wiped for T.O.S. violations. The guy with 100 rex put in a ticket against you, since they cannot hatch another 20 rex after your 10 jerboa put server at cap. God I wish I was joking....

--EDIT--

Ok, the 10 jerboa was a stretch, but not by much. I've seen many posts here on forums and on reddit with people pissed because they were wiped for trying to breed event dinos, but since they were small ones, support used that as an excuse to wipe them. Sucks the tribes with 500 dinos can pod and hatch all they want, but someone with 100 dinos has to be very, very careful on what they hatch. 100 rex is perfectly fine, but 100 jerboa or vultures is not. *bangs head on wall* seriously...

--EDIT 2--

Oh wow, I think I was a bit harsh on support in this post. After reading ti a few more times, I feel I have an obligation to apologize and say that every time I have ever dealt with support, they have been prompt, respectful and solved my problem. I see so many other people with problems and I see things that appear to be neglected by WC, so sometimes I may fly off the rail. My statement about wyvern nest versus breeding is true and I stand by it. Their policy is dung, leaves it to the support person to make a judgement and is prone to abuse and neglect. That being said, when it comes to blocking player progression or harassment, they have ALWAYS done a SUPERB job in my opinion, when it came to my tickets.

Archived