tek Tek Bridges :: odd/missing snappoints & decay

HenryManson

2 hours ago, HenryManson said:

wow could it really be true?!

it took 1.3 years without a word or acknowledgement of anything wrong with the tek-bridges & now this :

v313.10 - 09/04/2020

- Fixed a bug which prevented the TEK Bridge from snapping
- Increased the TEK Bridge decay timer

Freaking hell................. Tek-Bridges still spawn off angle! and are not connected to anything previously build (wich they flawlessly did on release)

20200905154302_1.thumb.jpg.02c5b02492dbe3ea7ce320c9b897a852.jpg

the 20day decay timer is nice tho, i guess?......

Can you snap them next to each other? Can both ends snap on a cliff platform, pillar and/or foundation?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Oieru said:

Can you snap them next to each other? Can both ends snap on a cliff platform, pillar and/or foundation?

Nope, just tried to snap a new tek bridge to an existing one. It turned green but would not place.  I'm thankful for them finally making the despawn timer longer, but can't believe they didn't actually fix the bridges.

• Volunteer Moderator
46 minutes ago, Sanie said:

Nope, just tried to snap a new tek bridge to an existing one. It turned green but would not place.  I'm thankful for them finally making the despawn timer longer, but can't believe they didn't actually fix the bridges.

It's possible it doesn't work because the other one was placed pre-fix? Not saying it is, but it's possible.

3 hours ago, GP said:

It's possible it doesn't work because the other one was placed pre-fix? Not saying it is, but it's possible.

Good point, so I made two new tek bridges and it still didn't work. It's still behaving as it was before the "fix" patch. For giggles I tried it in an area without it connecting to a pre-existing structure in anyway. I can place the first bridge without problems. The second bridge would not place snapped to it. I messed around with it for a bit, I was able to actually place the second bridge once (rest of the time it was green but didn't place or red with random rotating placement errors) but it place off to the side like it does when placing a foundation to a bridge or a bridge to an existing foundation.

2 hours ago, Sanie said:

Good point, so I made two new tek bridges and it still didn't work. It's still behaving as it was before the "fix" patch. For giggles I tried it in an area without it connecting to a pre-existing structure in anyway. I can place the first bridge without problems. The second bridge would not place snapped to it. I messed around with it for a bit, I was able to actually place the second bridge once (rest of the time it was green but didn't place or red with random rotating placement errors) but it place off to the side like it does when placing a foundation to a bridge or a bridge to an existing foundation.

I remember being a workaround by snapping them each time to a stone foundation and using that to align them. I really want to finally be able to replace my stone and wood ramp on abe from green zone to blue zone with shiny tek bridges...

• 3 weeks later...

I built 2 new tek bridges on CI and tried to snap them but they still dont snap to anything. So Just to try it, I placed them manually right next to each other as if they were snapped and that caused them both to get 20 day decay timers instead of the 12 hours on the single one. So somehow it can work now, kind of. Just without snapping, which is the whole problem in the first place. If this was all they were going to do why did it take so long?

I'm not sure when they fixed it, but I was able to correctly snap a tek bridge beside a previously placed tek bridge. I was also able to snap a ramp to the back of both of those tek bridges. My husband then crafted two more tek bridges and was able to place one and snap the second one beside it as well in a different location. Hopefully you all can finally get them to work correctly too.

12 hours ago, Sanie said:

I'm not sure when they fixed it, but I was able to correctly snap a tek bridge beside a previously placed tek bridge. I was also able to snap a ramp to the back of both of those tek bridges. My husband then crafted two more tek bridges and was able to place one and snap the second one beside it as well in a different location. Hopefully you all can finally get them to work correctly too.

What platform are you on, cause I just made brand new ones within the last week and they do not snap, they do not let me put a ceiling or a ramp on them. Only the decay time increased when placing 2 next to each other manually. And Im on xbox

2 hours ago, Piffguru said:

They did mention it in the patch notes at the beginning of september

It wasn't fixed at that time. Few weeks later my husband said we should try to see if they were working yet. I told him it was a waste of time because it hadn't been mentioned in any of the recent patch notes but I did as he asked. I was not amused to have him proven right. ;) Heaven forbit he ever be wrong! lol I'll admit in this situation, I'm glad he was though.

I was able to build some on genesis the traditional way set on top of pillars a couple weeks ago, but this weekend on crystal isles I had to find a completely new way to set them down.  It seemed they didn't want to go on top of pillars at all.  Instead they would show up as snappable if i set them under a pillar from above that was set in a ceilng.  I was then able to remove the frame I set up from above and they pretty much floated in the air while I set up the floor around them.  Snapping foundations next to the other side on the ground had no problems.

88B4EF296D79633E98E388EEF2B195AF8ADCAA95

Archived