tek Tek Bridges :: odd/missing snappoints & decay

HenryManson

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i mean that i cannot place it in such a way that its decay timer goes to 20 days like it would if it were snapped, i mean they cost nothing but having it decay in 12 hours because i cant get anything to snap to it is kinda silly, this spacific instance is on ab, i have even tried snapping another bridge to it, 2 bridges on flat ground, etc, in the area people farm organic poly. i can put a fence support unsnapped on a single foundation and its decay timer acts as though its snapped to something but not a tek bridge.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

There’s only one way and that’s to use them with a cliff platform.  One end is on ground other end on a cliff platform counts as snapped.

Tried that like a month or 2 ago with a tree platform and it didnt work. Figured it would be the same result with a cliff plat but I guess I should try it.

8 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

There’s only one way and that’s to use them with a cliff platform.  One end is on ground other end on a cliff platform counts as snapped.

you said that before & yes it does work, but we where able to integrate them into building(wich still works in singleplayer but not online) and it was such a great addition, i just dont understand why they broke/removed them.

i mean before we where able to really build bridges like this:

20191217002424_1.jpg

^ that's exactly how i have it on extinction.  Used a cliff platform to break it up into 2 sections to get down.

I realized that was the key when i set down one more that wasn't connected lke that and it blanked on me.

Sadly I can't redo my ramp down from my building in aberration because it wouldn't let me build that way anymore right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The last one I built, tried snapping it from my ocean platform on genesis, going over to a nearby island. Pain in the ass to even get it to go green. Then came back with non tribe player, looked at the decay time, heart sank. Came back and I... (begin rant)DEMOLISHED THAT P O S … JUST TAKE THE ABILITY TO CRAFT NEW ONES OUTA THE DAMN GAME WILD CARD! Jezus. Waste of time and resources as is. (End of rant.) Anyways is there something I missed, or is it really a waste? :(:(:(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

wow could it really be true?!

it took 1.3 years without a word or acknowledgement of anything wrong with the tek-bridges & now this :

v313.10 - 09/04/2020

- Fixed a bug which prevented the TEK Bridge from snapping
- Increased the TEK Bridge decay timer

Freaking hell................. Tek-Bridges still spawn off angle! and are not connected to anything previously build (wich they flawlessly did on release)

20200905154302_1.thumb.jpg.02c5b02492dbe3ea7ce320c9b897a852.jpg

the 20day decay timer is nice tho, i guess?......

Archived