tek Tek Bridges :: odd/missing snappoints & decay

HenryManson

Tek Bridges :: odd/missing snappoints & decay

hoi guys

since the last patch, newly build tek bridges have off angle snappoints & decay like they have nothing snapped to them!

i already lost 2 that decayed because of that!

it doesnt matter if u try & snap something to a newly build bridge or try to snap a bridge to existing foundations, it will show the normal "in line" snappoint in green, but when placed it will "materialize" at an odd angle, with no connection to eachother whatsoever, wich leads to the bridges decay like they would be build with nothing attached atall!

this truly is a shame, because now im 1 bridge short of easy access to the meat hunting grounds!, hope it will be fixed soon!!!

peace mho

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Noticed yesterday I couldnt place tek bridges. Updating my base with some tek behemoth gates and it requires me to move the position of a few of my tek bridges but now it wont let me place them saying there is no snap point.

Ive been putting up a piller 3 high and a piller 2 high next to it and it would normally let me snap the tek bridge to the 2 high pillar but now no snap point at all. Really sucks cause now I cant get my ramps up to my breeding tower setup properly till its fixed, hopefully sometime soon.

here we go again.....

another 1.6 GB Patch & the Tek-Bridges are still Bugged and unusable thx to off angle snappoints!

i wish there where a slow-clap emoji for breaking a working piece & dont fixing it again -.- 

?                   ?                 ?                   ?                 ?                   ?                

2 hours ago, HenryManson said:

here we go again.....

another 1.6 GB Patch & the Tek-Bridges are still Bugged and unusable thx to off angle snappoints!

i wish there where a slow-clap emoji for breaking a working piece & dont fixing it again -.- 

?                   ?                 ?                   ?                 ?                   ?                

Ill give ya a bump.

Sounds like its a collision issue. I tested it on my server and had no problems. Collision is disabled though

On 6/13/2019 at 8:21 AM, bannedbybirth said:

I traded my neighbor my daughters tricycle for 10 of these worthless bridges, he won't trade back.  Guess who's not getting a fruit cake sent to them this Christmas.  Listened to all that crying for nothing.

I laughed harder than I should have at this.  Also, *insert obligatory real-life-currency-transaction joke about ARK here*.  Freakin' hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...

since extinction launched and broke the island server which took 4 weeks to patch and still until this day , redwood looks aesthetically really bad and broke. the floor is all metal looking lol. never patched and thus unless by fluke . I don't think a fix is coming as they've already admitted to not revisiting many broken items etc.. in game due to time and money . I will cross my fingers for you but im not holding my breath , definitely would be dead. I have realistic expectations for when things that never worked would never be fixed . but things that were working fine until a patch or dlc broke it and they never revisited a fix for when everyone is reporting it is kinda lame.

• 2 months later...

We just went through building these tek bridges. Was not easy to get them to snap at all. But after hours of attempting we finally got a good pathway up to our ledge. But, of course now we cant snap anything to the bridges themselves, so they will all just auto decay. Didn't know this before after the problem occurred, because funnily enough, one expects items in game to work, no?

Are we actually going to have to build a giant multi layer powered elevator, because this piece isn't working?

The way to keep them from auto decaying is to use cliff platforms I have a long path down from a ledge at one of my bases,  I have the bridge going down from the ledge set on the ground leading down to a cliff platform.  Then I have another tek bridge going down from there to the ground below.  Having them on the cliff platform let’s them believe they are snapped to another structure.  I realized that was the key when I was trying to set up one more down from where I had ended, and it disappeared but the rest didn’t.

• 1 month later...

Its been nearly HALF A YEAR now, since May when @Wildcard messed up the Tek Bridges & never cared atall fixing them!

sooo im forced to continue this thread in the hope that some day someone at #wildcard might actually give a damn about fixing perfectly good working stuff they broke in a patch for no freaking reason in the first place -.-

see you guys next month again or so i bet until they fix this!, this is just saad!

PS: that cliff plattform "fix" is nice to know btw! but doesnt help really!

Broken snap points on tek bridges

I am not sure when this bug started to happen, but i had to replace a tek bridge today and was completely unable to snap it to anything or get anything to snap to it, no matter the structure or placement, i am an experienced builder with 7k + hours on ark... so i doubt that its a simple error on my part. 

Archived