What is the industrial grinder for?

Techsupport

12 minutes ago, CitoaK said:

It's great for grinding all the loot you'd usually leave behind in a raid. Make turrets out of the loot.

I had a grinder once and dumped it within 30 minutes. Description says it gives a 3rd or 4th of items back that were used to create said item. So i looted an ascendant squid saddle along with a few other lesser asc BPs, put it in the grinder.

Turns out, the “fraction” is a lie. You only get 100 resources from each and that’s it. Like if a saddle cost 4k of each material for instance such as metal, instead of the promised 1k ingots and poly, you only get 100. I felt cheated after hand-mining that 3k crystal and immediately dumped it.

If you’re in a tribe, have a tribe member craft a load of wood into thatch and mount a tame. All of that shared XP goes straight into a tame instead, so hello levels.

@Techsupport as you’re single player, a grinder is still useful for levelling and getting resources from unwanted items. Just note that polymer will always grind into the organic kind so maybe tame a snail or 2 for that extended spoil time.

On 5/26/2019 at 2:50 AM, SaltyMonkey said:

If you’re in a tribe, have a tribe member craft a load of wood into thatch and mount a tame. All of that shared XP goes straight into a tame instead, so hello levels.

@Techsupport as you’re single player, a grinder is still useful for levelling and getting resources from unwanted items. Just note that polymer will always grind into the organic kind so maybe tame a snail or 2 for that extended spoil time.

Hm, good to know. Been having trouble, even with lvl 200+ Direwolf, getting enough organic polymer to be useful. Was like 4 per Hesperornis!

Edit: hm I must have read it wrong, Direwolf was far from my best option...

Archived