Major server lag on all servers

Dilligentgamer

Unofficial servers are as laggy as officials, so me and my friends suffer that too.

We have our private server, used to be on The Center map. Until the arrival of Eggcellent event, it was running smoothly. Then it started to lag and rubberband because of all of that stupid bunny dodos, oviraptors and all their eggs. After the event finished, the game remained laggy as hell.

And then, around a week ago, it magically got healthy again. Not a single lag or rubberband. So we decided to change the map to The Island and on the new map our server was running perfectly, too.

For few days, when another "fix" was released (auto-decay timer back on). So again, we have massive rubberbanding on our serv and we can't do anything about it, which is insanely frustrating. We are four persons on an almost empty map (just started) and we can't even kill a bunch of dilos because they (and we) are teleporting all around with lags.

So just to let you know - we can only wait. But WC don't really care about us, so it may take months to be fixed.

9 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

The players and huge zoo's and massive structures are the cause.

But as I mentioned few posts above, on our private server (The Island, freshly started - empty map, max 4 players) we had rubberbanding as well, since the auto-decay timer reinstated.

It must be severely messed game code, which is not fixable even for their authors.

I found out recently the rubberbanding can go away if you run ipconfig /flushdns on the server backend in command prompt. Interesting. I host for unofficial, so my tinkering has given me some information into this kind of stuff. It's upto Wildcard to fix their servers tho. But I will say this. Without feedback, you can't really know for sure if something needs fixing or not.

2 hours ago, Sphere said:

I found out recently the rubberbanding can go away if you run ipconfig /flushdns on the server backend in command prompt. Interesting. I host for unofficial, so my tinkering has given me some information into this kind of stuff. It's upto Wildcard to fix their servers tho. But I will say this. Without feedback, you can't really know for sure if something needs fixing or not.

I highly doubt that flushing the dns cache makes the rubberbanding go away. It would add bandwidth usage because dns request made by the machine instead of being obtained from cache would need to be queried to an external server.

Unfortunately I don't have an access to my private server host's machine, so I'm unable to launch this flushdns command.

That's pathetic that we have to wait for months until Wildcard do (or not) something with their own game.

Yesterday, before patch 296.104 release, it was rubberbanding and lagging, but still possible to play. From today, it's literally unplayable. I have to wait 2 or 3 seconds after pressing 'T' to move an item from/to my inventory. And I'm being teleported few meters back every half a minute. Crafting 50 stone arrows with 400% of crafting skills take literally two minutes instead of fifteen seconds.

F**k this sh*t, I'm out.

Archived