Base location?

Peteed1

14 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Yeah its this magical place called Google.

All the info I could find on google said build in this location because PvP raiders have a hard time attacking the location because there's only one way in, not because they are good areas for making a nice base and in a good location for the resources. Not sure if your implying single player game has PvP raiders lol or if you just said that to be a sausage?

37 minutes ago, Peteed1 said:

All the info I could find on google said build in this location because PvP raiders have a hard time attacking the location because there's only one way in, not because they are good areas for making a nice base and in a good location for the resources. Not sure if your implying single player game has PvP raiders lol or if you just said that to be a sausage?

I am D1NK after all. 

I said it because we get loads of these threads and you will find many-a-thread here on STA via google on this very subject. I know because I was googling it for more base ideas not long ago! I may of sounded like a sausage but theres good intent behind it

1 hour ago, Peteed1 said:

Base location?

Are there recommended base locations on The Island for single player mode?

i built my base on hidden lake (north east corner of the map close to carnivore island). it amazing, i have close access to three mountains, so metal crystal and some obsidian, carnivore island is a short fly away, so alpha killing, beacon hunting, and rexes, scorpions, and argies. the ocean is also very close, so oil and silica pearls are relatively easy to get to (there are electric eels and possible alpha sea creatures tho, so have to be careful). also drops spawn in there, even with my base there, including purples and reds. 

all in all, it's a nice place to live

2 minutes ago, Techsupport said:

i built my base on hidden lake (north west corner of the map close to carnivore island). it amazing, i have close access to three mountains, so metal crystal and some obsidian, carnivore island is a short fly away, so alpha killing, beacon hunting, and rexes, scorpions, and argies. the ocean is also very close, so oil and silica pearls are relatively easy to get to (there are electric eels and possible alpha sea creatures tho, so have to be careful). also drops spawn in there, even with my base there, including purples and reds. 

all in all, it's a nice place to live

Did you mean North East? Carnivore Island is in the North East

On the west coast there is a small ledge with a lonely tree in the middle. That is one of the best locations for me. Has plenty of room, is close to the water and has lots of river rocks nearby, for early metal. As soon as you have access to a stronger mount with more weight, you can try to take some trips to the volcano, for the other materials. But you have to take some care. raptors and Dilos are spawning very often. Theris and Spinos can als spawn, but very rarely.

Another base locations would be the beach south east from the hidden lake. Doesnt sound very special at first, but if you build correctly, you have a very nice sunrise. Small advice: build a wooden beach house for this locations. Gives a better feeling and makes it more cosy.

In terms of resources, you have a very good spot. You have bever dams for cementing paste, metal, obsidian, crystal and lots of wood. But i wouldnt recommend this spot as an early base. Get yourself a stronger mount like a Carno. Rexes are strolling around very often.

Archived