Ally Only Option for Teleporter +more

Violet

Suggestion

Hello,

Previously I made a thread about this but for some reason I can't find it anymore even though I searched through this forums. Maybe it got lost somewhere, so let me go through it again.

Ally Only option for tellies

During Extinction we all found out what public teleporter offers to us - corrupted dinos being pulled over to peoples' bases by griefers. This is a continuing problem as far as I know. I and many people that I spoke to would love to see an option introduced that allows allied tribes only to port through our teles. I think it would benefit a lot of players, because many of us have teleporters leading to our bases so our friends can visit us, or places where we'd like only allies to visit, instead of strangers. Many people port to my teles randomly leaving a mess of dinos around the bases and outposts (yes we all had it happen), and unable to have them moved. If you forget to turn off public teleportation on your teleporter people may enter inside and lurk around the base, which is not what we want. I don't see why this option shouldn't be added, really, it would only benefit.

Mute button

ARK is an online game where we see a lot of talking going on in chat, at least on servers that are not dead. Some people like to harass and spam and the only thing we can do is turn off the entire chat (also, it only turns off when people stop babbling, which is annoying!), which makes us miss on fun or interesting conversations. I believe since ARK is released now, we deserve to have that primary online game feature added. Not all of us enjoy seeing chinese boxes and other languages that we don't understand in chat, or especially people that troll and harass others. Sometimes it's hard to ignore, and I think a mute button would lead to less fights. What the eye does not see, the heart does not grieve over.  :P

Base freeze/Timers disable

We all get tired of ARK sometimes. And you know, people go for holidays in summer. What I would like to see is a friendly feature that allows us to take a break for a while. What I was thinking maybe, since you can disable timers like you did lately for a while to restore all the lost characters, you could possibly disable timers for 2 months of choice when people go for holiday most often. July and August would be the best I think because this seems to be the season. We all would like to go on holidays without worrying about our bases despawning and dinos starving. Not all of us like to ask friends to do bed hopping when they're free, and also not all of us always have tribemates available, or internet and a PC where we go. ARK can be a very exhausting game when it comes to raising dinos, farming or building. It can have an impact on our real lives and sometimes we need to choose. Cryopods make it easier now with babies and dino up-keep but still there are people that have bases on multiple servers that require refreshing and that can become tiring. If you don't like the option with timers, I have another idea. Based on the amount of time you spend on a server, you could take an appropriate amount of "days off" to freeze the base so timers will not go down as you go for holidays or so. We all have our favorite servers we play on and bases we care about more. Say you played 10 hours a week on one server. A percentage of that could go into the hours or days that you could use to freeze your base and not worry about timers when you go on holidays or just want to take a break. I hope you understand what I mean. That way people that just join the server for 2 minutes to refresh their base wouldn't spam that option and keep their bases alive for ages, taking space and being a nuisance. I'd love to see something like that in ARK. (:

That would be all the suggestions I have in my head at the moment. I hope they will be seen and some of them considered. Please let me know what you think!

@Cedric @Jen

Have a good day.

6 replies to this server topic

If you haven't, upvote on this original ally only topic thread. 

It'll help to keep all votes condensed so the devs know the popularity.

@Violet each suggestion should be it's own thread. Someone could like 1 thing but not another and decide not to upvote it.

Also, there are previous threads with these suggestions. Try to streamline the votes to one topic of the same subject so they have a better chance of getting noticed.

On 5/26/2019 at 11:21 AM, yekrucifixion187 said:

If you haven't, upvote on this original ally only topic thread. 

It'll help to keep all votes condensed so the devs know the popularity.

@Violet each suggestion should be it's own thread. Someone could like 1 thing but not another and decide not to upvote it.

Also, there are previous threads with these suggestions. Try to streamline the votes to one topic of the same subject so they have a better chance of getting noticed.

Thank you for the info.

Loving all of these. 

And to be honest, I would love to see more improvements to what being an ally is. All it is now is a different chat box and being able to build close to each other. I'd like to see the same "ally option" for doors or even letting allied dinos become mate boosted. 

I am really hoping that the dev's start looking on how to improve pve- it seems their focus recently has been all about PvP

Yes to the first - This would also allow people to share telepad with allies on extinction without having to worry about griefers teleporting corrupted things like they do.  Devs just go to servers and look how many teleporters there are in the same areas because our options are only to share them with the entire server or don't share them at all.

Yes to the 2nd - While there is the option to turn off the Auto chatbox pop up, all too often one or two people who want to bicker, argue, air their dirty laundry, use global chat as tribe chat because they are too lazy to use the right button or hit tab after enter, ruin the in game chat for everyone.  Maybe do something like the Isle has done, you press a button and it lists the players on the server, in that list there is a box that you can check to ignore that user.  Boom done.

Yes to the 3rd - Those of us who have thousands of thousands of hours in Ark sometimes need to have a break.  Not everyone has the luxury of tribemates because people come and people go.  most people that have been around for a while and have breeding lines and what not don't often invite unknown people into their tribe because even with tribe ranks anyone in your tribe can kill any dino they want by stabbing or shooting it.  Tribe ranks is also a PITA to setup once your tribe has been established because it doesn't apply to structures already in the time.

Ally only option on Teleporters is a nobrainer and should have been added since day one.

Chat window needs a major overhaul as it is quite primitive in it's current state. Block and whisper options would be great.

We already have:

\ Toggle Auto-Hide Chatbox
↵ Enter Start typing in Global chat
insert Start typing in Local chat
/ Start typing in Tribe chat
home Start typing in Alliance chat
pgup Scroll up Chatbox
pgdown Scroll down Chatbox

It would be great to expand those commands with something like these:

.blockcharactername (ignore messages from a specific person)

.unblockcharactername (allow messages from a previously blocked person)

@charactername (Private message a specific person)

#allygroup (Private message a specific group of Tribes in your alliance)

Allow a daily chat history using the TAB function to cycle through past Private messages to individuals and tribe groups so you don't have to type them multiple times per day.

As for enabling a vacation function it would be a great addition to PVE.

If it was possible to setup a separate ticket system and ability to enable a freeze to decay timers for a specific tribe that would be amazing. 

Archived