Was extinction really the last Map???

Mazaker73

6 hours ago, Woodsman said:

A new map would be good but seems like they ran out of new ideas long ago and all the newer content is too weird and mostly about tek

It was always about tek though. It might have seemed like it wasnt but it was. Heck Aberration was my favourite DLC. I would say that they certainly havent ran out of ideas. 

7 hours ago, Woodsman said:

A new map would be good but seems like they ran out of new ideas long ago and all the newer content is too weird and mostly about tek

Its literally about tek the moment you spawn in and see the TEK implant in your arm and the Obelisks.. Always has been. This is a survival sandbox game the story doesnt follow alongside the item/dino progression scale. 

I repeat, this isnt an MMORPG or RPG story/character development game. 

8 hours ago, Xylom said:

I thought the cut scene was about extinction?

It was more about Earth and Element.  The Extinction ARK is a tiny portion of the landmass of the Earth, but the location of the Extinction ARK is where the King Titan is, so that is the spot where we build up and fight.  The cutscene/cinematic was at the end of the Extinction xpac, but the content of the cinematic was about the future and survival of humanity and Earth.  Just some clarification for you!

I mean...  Or just watch it, if you haven't.  The ascension cinematics are kinda mind blowing, especially the Island Overseer ascension cinematic.  I had literally spent almost two years playing with my head down just doing building and dinosaur stuff, never looking at Explorer Notes or checking into the lore of the game.  When I watched it, for lack of a better explanation, it blew my raptoring mind...  And piqued my interest in ARK lore in general.  It also raised a lot of questions about the "whys" and "hows" of the game, that have all mostly been answered by Extinction.  The possibilities of the ARK Universe are huge:  I know we are discussing the end of ARK, but this game and lore opens up a huge entertainment universe to explore that people are obviously interested in.

2 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

The end cut scene showed one of the landed arks all broken.  I’m imagining Rockwell lands and aberration arks break the earth again.

Voice analysis of the scene with the distinctly colored Obelisk gave us more information about what is (maybe) coming.

45 minutes ago, WilliamMichell said:

The way extinction is made means that the death lights "could" be moved to expand the map and make new domes. I had a vision of all the arks "landing" or crashing to earth and setting up one big open server system where you would have to physically travel between them through the wastelands.

Never even thought of that! Nice perception! 

It would kill my xbox but I would enjoy that

On 5/25/2019 at 5:20 AM, MotherOfRaptors said:

When you ascend after defeating alpha King on extinction you see a final cut scene - secret ending, that possibly shows a start of a new story. Why would they make it, if extinction was the last map? You can find that scene on YouTube, if you are not afraid of spoilers, and see it for yourself. 

On 5/27/2019 at 11:33 PM, GrumpyBear said:

The end cut scene showed one of the landed arks all broken.  I’m imagining Rockwell lands and aberration arks break the earth again.

@Mazaker73, these two present good short answers you seek. I have personally not ascended Extinction in a legit form, but the "extra /hidden ending" definitely points to more lore.

This can mean more stuff to the current game thru expansions, or it could be a full fledged sequel picking off were the first cycle left us.

I personally prefer another Season Pass rather than a sequel to be fair, but this is the only solid public information regarding that the lore is intended to continue. While it can be disputed that social media accounts and individuals have posted this or said that, things can change as time passes, so I rather just look at the facts,  right now there is a "cliffhanger ending" to the current season pass, not that its a huge cliffhanger mind you, but something to indicate that there is a story left to tell.

Archived