Was extinction really the last Map???

Mazaker73

There were some teaser announcements that more content was coming but what or when were not specified. Understand that the game only left 'early access' in August of 2017, less than two years ago. From a sales perspective I think there is still forward momentum. I'm new to the game myself, but I'm certainly not alone. A lot of people are just finding Ark or coming back to revisit it. If there's $ to be made yet, I don't think we're quite done yet. 

7 hours ago, DeHammer said:

Only official PvP server are getting a bad rep. The game is great. Yes, it has issues. Every game does. But it's still a great game.

PvP definitely has the worse reputation, but PvE is awful too and a lot of players would agree with these complaints.

Decay timers are too long. People pillar unused land and then leave to a different server, returning just to refresh the timer, refuel generators and feed dinos. Because of this, a lot of spots to build are taken, forcing players to hop servers until they hopefully find one that has some free space. And while I support pillaging resource spawns and in a rendering radius around your base to reduce any potential lag from others building too close, some people pillar as much as possible and we need a limit on how far you can build from your first placed structure.

The tame cap needs to be shortened and have a proximity effect. Only on PvE will you find multiple neighborhoods of densely packed bases, that are large enough for the entire server to live in a single one, filled with tons of wyverns and other unused dinosaurs. I started giving away cryos and fridges to tribes while asking for people to pod anything that isn't regularly used or isn't a kibble dino.. I got some results, but there are still massive bases full of an unnecessary amount of dinos, some near artifacts and caves, that cause server lag spikes and constant dcs. Nothing is worse than disconnecting because of too much clutter, and returning to find your character and even your dino, dead, all because some punk has to have 150 wyverns parked on a roof of a massive square base.

Boss fights and taming are a lot trickier because you cant kill anybody who's trying to screw with you. Not being able to launch to a fight from a transmitter anymore, and not being able to block an obelisk, means any player can come steal your tributes or try to hitch a free ride to a boss without you being able to snipe them. Same goes for tames, if a jealous tribe sees the high level event you're taming, there is nothing you can do to prevent or get revenge if they try to hurt or kill it.

GMs seem to ignore PvE servers for some reason. People speculate its because they get bribes from large tribes on PvP to be a sort of corrupted cop that capitulates to their demands.

It's not only easy to solve these issues, but necessary if ark wants to keep its customers happy.

15 hours ago, Mazaker73 said:

Was extinction really the last Map???

I love Ark, but dont want the End not yet. Do you think one more map will come?

So a long time ago Jen or someone posted saying there was no more DLC and Extinction was the last map. Might have to scroll a long ways to find it, but it was around the time Extinction launched. I know this, because I became very sad and started looking for a new game. Ark is a money printing press, why stop it?

After Extinction launched, people kept asking about new DLC. I don't remember who it was, but I will say Jen said it ? She posted that they cannot discuss new stuff, since it may change. Nothing more was said for a week or two.

Not sure who said it, but I think maybe Chris? or someone said it was exciting times for Ark and stuff was coming soon(tm).

Another week or so passes and then someone asks about DLC again and Jen responded that they cannot discuss future plans, until they are sure they will be delivered.

So the take away from the above is I have a real crappy memory. Also that people constantly ask and they always respond the same way. They will not discuss future plans, until they know what they can deliver. But they have something coming.

im led to believe through you tubers and articles , sorry no links , but there definitely was talk of a second season pass maybe . also that there definitely was content coming. in what form I don't know . though im guessing a mod map is likely ,consoles too  . however if someone else can confirm ive heard that wc are at e3 this year when they didn't attend last year so this tells me they have something to announce . grapeshot has Atlas which although what wc was hoping would be their new flagship game lol has no where near the interest and player base of ark their first game . and remember ps and microsft announce this year likely their new consoles for next year 2020 release so whatever wc are going to do to keep interest , it has to be soon . like I said . for the price weve paid for the game and to keep development of it I would be surprised if we only got a free mod map , im guessing a multiple mod map staggered release packaged together as a second season pass which we have to pay for . honestly this would be a sound solid option which the player base would snap up . and wc I believe as a business model and to continue to invest need an injection of cash .

22 hours ago, JSacra said:

So a long time ago Jen or someone posted saying there was no more DLC and Extinction was the last map. Might have to scroll a long ways to find it, but it was around the time Extinction launched. I know this, because I became very sad and started looking for a new game. Ark is a money printing press, why stop it?

After Extinction launched, people kept asking about new DLC. I don't remember who it was, but I will say Jen said it ? She posted that they cannot discuss new stuff, since it may change. Nothing more was said for a week or two.

Not sure who said it, but I think maybe Chris? or someone said it was exciting times for Ark and stuff was coming soon(tm).

Another week or so passes and then someone asks about DLC again and Jen responded that they cannot discuss future plans, until they are sure they will be delivered.

So the take away from the above is I have a real crappy memory. Also that people constantly ask and they always respond the same way. They will not discuss future plans, until they know what they can deliver. But they have something coming.

It is pretty sure something is going to come. The cutscene from extinction clearly showed, that Extinction wasnt the end.

Im not sure if a new story DLC is going to come, but i think, that WC is going to implement a sponsored map into the main game. Something new is coming for sure, but i dont think it is something new new, like a DLC made by WC itself. Something like that is probably coming ome day, but it is going to take some time, a lot of time.

Archived