Kicked for being idle while afk in a tek pod and lost all my items?

Peteed1

OMG I was in a tek pod afk and I got kicked for being idle which has never happened before and I log back in and it's at the respawn screen...

No loot bag anywhere so I just lost the quality hazmat suit I was wearing, a bunch of purples and yellow flak armour pieces and maybe a primative hazmat too that was in my inventory as well as my imprinted spino and a featherlight and one other dino in a cryo that I can't recall what it was along with 100 longneck ammo and 100 tranq darts and a couple of yellow longneck rifles and a yellow sword. Can't recall what else but you get the idea...

I've been afk overnight before without being kicked and it's certainly never killed me the few times I did DC while afk...

This happened to me once, but was a bed rather than pod, what I suspect what happened is that I layed on bed, client showed the animation and so I walked away. But, I think the server probably rubberband back a few seconds and put me just before the action so I was left standing in my room instead of laying on bed - as such half an hour or so later when I returned, all I had was the respawning screen. So now whenever I lay on bed, I wait 15 seconds or so, then logoff.

Since then, nothing lost.

8 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Did tek gen run out?

All seem powered and I don't think anyone refilled the generators while I was afk

6 minutes ago, WitchesTwex said:

This happened to me once, but was a bed rather than pod, what I suspect what happened is that I layed on bed, client showed the animation and so I walked away. But, I think the server probably rubberband back a few seconds and put me just before the action so I was left standing in my room instead of laying on bed - as such half an hour or so later when I returned, all I had was the respawning screen. So now whenever I lay on bed, I wait 15 seconds or so, then logoff.

Since then, nothing lost.

Yeah i'm thinking this maybe :(

Ive been disconnected many times while afk in a tek sleeping pod and every time when i log in, im still sleeping in the pod. Only possibility for what happened to you is as mentioned, gen ran out of element or somehow the server was lagging so bad you hopped in and it rubberbanded after you logged. But in that case it usually wouldn't even let you get in the pod if its in the middle of a lag spike.

Lesson of the day tho, always put your gear away in a locked container. Hope for the best, expect to get ark'ed.

52 minutes ago, JSacra said:

I afk in sleeping pod all the time.

The question should be, why DON'T you afk in sleeping pod? You get passive XP, health regens, food regens.... a hell of a lot better than AFK in a chair.

We’re talking about several hours at a time here. It takes seconds to regen stats. I forget people who play official live on this game so I guess it’s my fault I’m surprised.

However in OP’s case, why on earth would you AFK for so long, fully equipped and be naive enough to think nothing could ever happen? They implemented people getting after an hour once a server reaches a certain threshold on player limits.

28 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

We’re talking about several hours at a time here. It takes seconds to regen stats. I forget people who play official live on this game so I guess it’s my fault I’m surprised.

However in OP’s case, why on earth would you AFK for so long, fully equipped and be naive enough to think nothing could ever happen? They implemented people getting after an hour once a server reaches a certain threshold on player limits.

I do it when raising babies. If you leave render of a baby, there is a slight chance it will stop eating. Check the forums, there are posts about it once a week.

Fill up baby full of raw, jump in pod, open steam overlay and bring up youtube. Oh, don't forget to grab a snack.

--EDIT--

Do it standing still and die.

Do it standing on AC and die after a little while longer.

Do it in a chair or bed and die after a little while longer.

Do it in a pod and don't die. Period. If you die in a pod, it is because of outside forces. Geny running out of power, giga coming by to say hi, whatever.... That is the only way. If the server goes down, you are in a bed. No problem. Server crash, reset, lose power, earthquake.. does not matter. Period. You are "in a bed". In my entire 9k hours of ark, not one time have I ever died in a pod. Ever. Neither have any of my friends. Ever.

Pod is a bed, so if you are in it and server goes down, you stay right there. Body does not move. Safe. Since it is a pod, your health, food and water regen. You are enclosed in a "stone" structure, safe.

Again, my question is why would you not afk while in a pod? Seems to be the perfect place.

12 minutes ago, JSacra said:

I do it when raising babies. If you leave render of a baby, there is a slight chance it will stop eating. Check the forums, there are posts about it once a week.

Fill up baby full of raw, jump in pod, open steam overlay and bring up youtube. Oh, don't forget to grab a snack.

--EDIT--

Do it standing still and die.

Do it standing on AC and die after a little while longer.

Do it in a chair or bed and die after a little while longer.

Do it in a pod and don't die. Period. If you die in a pod, it is because of outside forces. Geny running out of power, giga coming by to say hi, whatever.... That is the only way. If the server goes down, you are in a bed. No problem. Server crash, reset, lose power, earthquake.. does not matter. Period. You are "in a bed". In my entire 9k hours of ark, not one time have I ever died in a pod. Ever. Neither have any of my friends. Ever.

Pod is a bed, so if you are in it and server goes down, you stay right there. Body does not move. Safe. Since it is a pod, your health, food and water regen. You are enclosed in a "stone" structure, safe.

Again, my question is why would you not afk while in a pod? Seems to be the perfect place.

When I jumped to unofficial, I cut out the need to AFK so my thousands of hours are solid play time.

8 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

When I jumped to unofficial, I cut out the need to AFK so my thousands of hours are solid play time.

Ah understood. All my harvesting, breeding and building is done without high boosted rates or mods, so they are solid as well. Once you gain more experience and playtime and start breeding, you will understand about AFK.

Just now, JSacra said:

Ah understood. All my harvesting, breeding and building is done without high boosted rates or mods, so they are solid as well. Once you gain more experience and playtime and start breeding, you will understand about AFK.

Is 4739 hours enough experience? It’s because I play boosted I understand the need not to AFK.

My original question should have been; Do people AFK in a sleeping pod for XP because you may as well be offline?

2 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Is 4739 hours enough experience? It’s because I play boosted I understand the need not to AFK.

My original question should have been; Do people AFK in a sleeping pod for XP because you may as well be offline?

How boosted are your rates that you do not need to be around baby phase for extended periods? I ask this only because of the food bug, or is that not present on unofficial?

As I mentioned earlier, my sole reasoning (not sure of others) for being afk in sleeping pod is safety. You will never die in one, as long as it is powered and no bad things get in your base.

I once logged in and there was a rex with its heading sticking through wall chomping on a tribemate in a bunk. My pod is away from wall, next to geny. Safety is #1.

2 minutes ago, JSacra said:

How boosted are your rates that you do not need to be around baby phase for extended periods? I ask this only because of the food bug, or is that not present on unofficial?

To put it in perspective, a Giganotosaurus’ baby period is 28 mins but I also have 11 minute imprint intervals. Sorry to take this thread off topic, but the game is majorly grindy as it is, I just removed the grindiest parts in order to play the game without the need for AFK.

15 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

To put it in perspective, a Giganotosaurus’ baby period is 28 mins but I also have 11 minute imprint intervals. Sorry to take this thread off topic, but the game is majorly grindy as it is, I just removed the grindiest parts in order to play the game without the need for AFK.

Ah, well like right now I have 6 yuty and 6 tapes out. I tossed down the tapes from pods when I got on and then went on a meat run. When I got back, all I could see were the yuty. All 6 tapes had fallen through the floor when I left render and came back. I put the tapes back in pods and took them back upstairs. For the rest of their sickness, I was afk in pod (and browsing forums). This was not the reason I first gave, but is another good reason to go afk in this game.

I can completely understand why someone who does not play official would question the need for extended afk periods. As someone who has spent all of his time on official, I can tell you there is indeed plenty of reasons. And a pod is the best place to do it. Until someone has a pod, they are in constant worry of coming back to a bed selection screen. Pods remove that fear, which is why I can understand the frustration of OP.

1 hour ago, JSacra said:

Ah, well like right now I have 6 yuty and 6 tapes out. I tossed down the tapes from pods when I got on and then went on a meat run. When I got back, all I could see were the yuty. All 6 tapes had fallen through the floor when I left render and came back. I put the tapes back in pods and took them back upstairs. For the rest of their sickness, I was afk in pod (and browsing forums). This was not the reason I first gave, but is another good reason to go afk in this game.

I can completely understand why someone who does not play official would question the need for extended afk periods. As someone who has spent all of his time on official, I can tell you there is indeed plenty of reasons. And a pod is the best place to do it. Until someone has a pod, they are in constant worry of coming back to a bed selection screen. Pods remove that fear, which is why I can understand the frustration of OP.

Edited out my reply because I was a tad triggered Official vs Unofficial

Archived