Casual official ark

I’ve been playing ark since its original release on pc and since scorched earth on xbox. always played with 1-2 sometimes 3 friends and had a blast. with that all out of the way I am by no means a new player, ive done everything there is to the game to do, boss fights, tek, became alpha of a cluster and all that good stuff but recently have been playing small tribes with 2 others and have finally realized how garbage this games pvp.  For about 6 months now we have tried everything you can think of on official. Started out on a small tribe center map and did the usual small tribe stuff, pts and 2x1s just for some casual raiding and pvp never had intentions of even getting turrets.  Within about 2 days our stone 2x1 and 3 pteranodons were blown up and killed while we were offline by a 300 something mana. we shook it off and just figured we built by someones base or something and transferred to another center map, this time i spent a couple hours in single player looking for what i thought was a pretty hidden base spot, this time we got up to a metal 2x2 with an argy anky and some pts and yet again we were offline raided and foundation wiped by someone one a 300 something mana. we had enough of trying to build a hidden base and then just built on a raft and would shove it into a wall before we got off which ill admit was a little cheaty but we would do anything to try and last a week, but of course our raft was blown up in the wall and we knew it was just for fun because you couldnt get the loot from inside the wall. this time we got a little angry and left small tribes to play on arkpocalypse. we had a lot of fun for the first couple days because it was exactly what we wanted, fresh wipe everyone was just building up and the beaches were full of people scrambling to get a base while fighting off the hordes of new people spawning in. this ended after about a week when the people who spend 18 hours a day on the game got wyverns and manas and proceeded to wipe every single base they could find.  we went back to small tribes and then yet again were killed by level 300 manas and called bobs and were told to go back to pvp after complaining.  what im trying to get at with this long paragraph is can you ever play official ark casually? I despise boosted unofficial servers because i really enjoy the grind and feeling of accomplishment when taming and building but its really hard to enjoy a game you love when you’re just chilling with skme friends having a good time and someone on a mana shows up decides to mess your day up, kill every single one of your tames in 3 seconds because his imprinted mana has 950 melee and then proceeds to walk up to your base in god flak that makes your 12 turrets look like peashooters, blows the entire thing up not even check the loot because they know we have nothing that’s useful to them and then just get on their mana say “go back to pve bob your base is garbage” and leave.  this is in no way fun for the casual person who spends 1-3 hours a day playing and is just trying to have fun and i really wish something could be done to fix this.  

Unfortunately large tribes are the only way in normal official and small tribes is full of people either no lifing the game or teaming. Sixshadows, muntage gaming and I believe also uncle apex have been playing on unofficial mts servers which have orp enabled but a bit different in the way that turrets inflict 3x damage when your offline and your buildings are 3x resistant to damage. The gather and maturation are set to 5x which isn’t overly rediculous. Maybe this could be a better setting for casual arking? 

I built a base 3 times on Official PvP, the first two times, I came back a day later and my base was wiped.  the third time I took a hour break, came back on and my base was wiped.  That's when I quit Official PvP,  been playing PvE and haven't looked back once.  If you enjoy building, taming, and breeding to get new mixes,  PvE is for you, official or unofficial.  I enjoy the cooperative effort the PvE community has for the most part, many friendly people, many helpful, not as toxic as the PvP community who think its just Battle Royale (sorry but that's my take of it.)

honestly i didn't read it all it was hard on the eyes.  I assume you want some permutation of "official server where everyone is forced to play the same way i play so nobody can get ahead of me" but are too cheap to pay 10-15 dollars a month for your own server.  The only benefit of official status is having transfers active to all the other official servers which would defeat the purpose of an artificially hobbled environment.

If you mentioned restricting downloads to and/or from the server, then what is the actual point of making it official?

When u join a cross ark such as smalltribes be prepared your stuffs already  dead the moment you tame it..or build it its already gone once u start thinking like this it becomes  more easy you no longer get salty over a ptera that got killed or a 2x2 u built  pvp is a cruel world there is no casual it's kill or be killed easy as that .you see a bob on the beach kill him if he returns kill him an if you see a 2x2 with pteras\Argy burn it with fire ...

27 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

honestly i didn't read it all it was hard on the eyes.  I assume you want some permutation of "official server where everyone is forced to play the same way i play so nobody can get ahead of me" but are too cheap to pay 10-15 dollars a month for your own server.  The only benefit of official status is having transfers active to all the other official servers which would defeat the purpose of an artificially hobbled environment.

If you mentioned restricting downloads to and/or from the server, then what is the actual point of making it official?

yea if youre not even gonna read it bro dont reply lmao. i was just saying that the average player can never enjoy the game on official due to the pvp being so unbalanced, there is absolutely nothing you can build or tame or raise in a weeks time to compete with the people coming to grief your server on level 300 tames. 

Just now, kiiwii01 said:

yea if youre not even gonna read it bro dont reply lmao. i was just saying that the average player can never enjoy the game on official due to the pvp being so unbalanced, there is absolutely nothing you can build or tame or raise in a weeks time to compete with the people coming to grief your server on level 300 tames. 

Good thing I have you to instruct me when i should and shouldn't post i could have used you alot in the past, good thing my post was still valid information or i would have felt quite chagrined.  Use better formatting next time. 

1 hour ago, kiiwii01 said:

Key is the player focus on killing the rider of these lvl 300 tames without  a rider they are pretty squishy ;)build accordingly purlovia \microraptors  will aid you in ur base defence against  mana u can ko a lvl 300 mana in almost the same time as a wild 150  change ur builds learn the mistakes you made on ur previous  bases I got faith in you bro overcome adapt an stay surviving! !!!

1 hour ago, kiiwii01 said:

The over 30,000 players on official seem to think otherwise

18 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

Survive the ark.com xD

Where are the statistics on this site?

And battlemetrics is steam PC only, I think. Last time I saw someone mine data from battlemetrics. Unofficial server players were vast majority. Then official was actually close to the same percentage as single player/non-dedicated.

Edit: going back to this steam post (link below). Unofficial population > SP/non-dedicated >> official. Most people choose not to play official. At least on Steam where modding exists.

On 5/21/2019 at 8:49 PM, kiiwii01 said:

what im trying to get at with this long paragraph is can you ever play official ark casually?

Yes, but not on PvP.

There are multiple ways to play ARK casually, but if you're going to play on a PvP server then the server is only as casual as the least-casual player. All it takes is one person to be less casual than you and then you fall behind the curve.

The entire concept of PvP is based purely on competition, and "casual competition" doesn't exist in a game where the PvP is destructive. You can do casual PvP in WoW, LoL, and lots of other games because you don't lose anything when you're beaten, but there's no such thing as "casual destructive PvP" (at least not on the Official servers).

I'm sure there are Unofficial servers that have policies that support casual PvP (for example, I guarantee there are some Unofficial servers that allow world PvP when people see each other in the wild but don't allow attacking each others' bases), but if you want to play PvP on an Official server, then "casual" doesn't exist on those servers.

If you know how to keep your supplies stashed you can work your way up to a tek rep and build a vacuum base underwater. I've survived for about 3 months there solo before. No one ever goes underwater because it's a lot harder to scout and they can't use their manas / wyverns and actually have to prepare instead of just scouting a server normally.

Archived