Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
pion

island77 wiped and rollback to day 1

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Sphere said:

Typically people only care about results, not how to get there. Just because you cannot see something, does not mean it is not happening.

Communication is key. Yes, players cant see something is happening and yes I agree, it does not mean that nothing is happening but gamers are not psychic, they can't see things that they do not know is there.

A simple communication saying that WC are aware of the issue and are investigating would go someway to setting expectations. 

Granted, even then players will still complain, but at least they cant say they havent been updated.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello 

Ah well i have a similar problem, yes the server is up, but uhuh no Character

Andromeda is missing I tried every single possible variable to see if she

was floating in air somewhere in the ethos... however nope she is no where

I had to come in with a low 78 char to feed... please can you get Andy back

my dinos are missing her, not to mention I now can't even use my flaming own

teleporters or any tek as Andromeda is the only one to have learned the engrams..

Come on WC and Dev's please sort it out, it's bad enough having to work all day

to come in to home (in game) and find you nuked the main Character :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MoonlakeDesigns said:

Hello 

Ah well i have a similar problem, yes the server is up, but uhuh no Character

Andromeda is missing I tried every single possible variable to see if she

was floating in air somewhere in the ethos... however nope she is no where

I had to come in with a low 78 char to feed... please can you get Andy back

my dinos are missing her, not to mention I now can't even use my flaming own

teleporters or any tek as Andromeda is the only one to have learned the engrams..

Come on WC and Dev's please sort it out, it's bad enough having to work all day

to come in to home (in game) and find you nuked the main Character :(

Make Andromeda my words... Luckly i have two accounts, my account that i use to travel from servers ( Karunesh character ) its gone.... After server came on i log my main account and saw my secondary char sleeping on my base.... What that means? Means that the char dont belong anymore to my account?? Despite he is been there? I was able to cryo my gigas and otters.... I really cant imagine losing all that, if i have only one account.... WC common.... All new dinos are beeing imprinted with Karunesh char, means that i have to wait for my char to raise my dinos.... This is so bad....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only have lowbies, it's annoying, which also means I have lost my blue and red manas :( I only just got the strain going along

with the green, blue, cyan and pink owls... damit.. but I want Andromeda back, or I'll have to try and do all the tek stuff again

which is a nightmare for me as I can't always be on, it took three years to get what I did as it is. How can they loose a char that was

there :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MoonlakeDesigns said:

I only have lowbies, it's annoying, which also means I have lost my blue and red manas :( I only just got the strain going along

with the green, blue, cyan and pink owls... damit.. but I want Andromeda back, or I'll have to try and do all the tek stuff again

which is a nightmare for me as I can't always be on, it took three years to get what I did as it is. How can they loose a char that was

there :(

One of the risks of playing official server. You get huge population of clustered servers, but you don't get excellent hand on administration that can exist on unofficial communities. WC simply dosen't backup and restore all of the save files. They only keep the map save file, which dosen't include your character info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pesadelo said:

Well already passed one day, and Wildcard dont even answer the tickets...

Tickets take months to answer, they are answered in order.

6 minutes ago, Pesadelo said:

Ark its a great game, why dont just put a monthly fee and get a decent support?

Already exists. It called unofficial. Find a good community and offer support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Tickets take months to answer, they are answered in order.

Already exists. It called unofficial. Find a good community and offer support.

Unoficial with full mods... only like s+ ^^ and the market of dinos its huge :)

 

Shouldnt be hard to remember that people here lost main chars of paid  account/game and the time to get all tek engrams stuff....

I will not belive that will take months, otherwise bases, dinos everything could decay! Cause yes now structures have timers again....

Cheers

Edited by Pesadelo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Pesadelo said:

I will not belive that will take months, otherwise bases, dinos everything could decay! Cause yes now structures have timers again....

Check the dates of how long decay was turned off to answer tickets due to the rollback. Over a month.

 

Support tends to take longer than decay times. Plus you don't get tek, ascension, or imprints back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been away for a week. But coming back today and looking at this poop show. I can say as a network and server engineer that his is no hardware error. What I think happened is after the update that Adam did (ref Twitter) he overrode the server, with not taking a backup in the first place. Taking backup before update is a very common practice in patching, upgrading, etc. This is human error nr 1. So what happened furthermore? This new build without data was put on 78 without database conservation, this lead to a wipe of the servers. 

I have to say. This is the most sloppy engineer practice I have EVER, EVER seen in my life this far by a company. This is the mistakes you do in a 101 class at university.
And there is only 1 thread mentioning this mistake, it's tucked aside. Wildcard still don't get it, being open about issues leads to better communication with the community. 
 

I have reported several tickets on the official outrage report about server issues in the past, if this was a HW failure this should raised red flags. 
Wildcard not using the right tools to monitor. Please, for the love of your own dignity, please use SPLUNK to monitor the servers. 
And on the end of my rant, hire better people to do the server maintenance, hire people WITH knowledge of drifting servers, not people that struggle make ends meet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Shibizsjah said:

I have been away for a week. But coming back today and looking at this poop show. I can say as a network and server engineer that his is no hardware error. What I think happened is after the update that Adam did (ref Twitter) he overrode the server, with not taking a backup in the first place. Taking backup before update is a very common practice in patching, upgrading, etc. This is human error nr 1. So what happened furthermore? This new build without data was put on 78 without database conservation, this lead to a wipe of the servers. 

I have to say. This is the most sloppy engineer practice I have EVER, EVER seen in my life this far by a company. This is the mistakes you do in a 101 class at university.
And there is only 1 thread mentioning this mistake, it's tucked aside. Wildcard still don't get it, being open about issues leads to better communication with the community. 
 

I have reported several tickets on the official outrage report about server issues in the past, if this was a HW failure this should raised red flags. 
Wildcard not using the right tools to monitor. Please, for the love of your own dignity, please use SPLUNK to monitor the servers. 
And on the end of my rant, hire better people to do the server maintenance, hire people WITH knowledge of drifting servers, not people that struggle make ends meet

The server are run through Nitrado with Nitrado tools. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...