island77 wiped and rollback to day 1

pion

38 minutes ago, Lordwar said:

Reset for the server PVE Official Island 77 since the last update!!!

Hi!!

SInce the last update of this evening the server has been reset the number of day on the server is Day 1!!!

Its impossible to return in base with character and for all the players!!

Find a solution and fast please!!

everybody on 77 should fill in this report:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd8Xn6z_RP7fxGgH_86VZAKDzqmbDboanrC51GSpr_1v9_PLA/viewform

island77 wiped and rollback to day 1

island 77 was reset back to day1 dinos gone char gone and so forth. I have put a ticket iin about this and still have heard are seen any action on WC part to fix this in any sort of way. Ii was about to transfer my char out when the 15 min warning came on so stayed there so hopefully wouldn't get lost if couldn't download before restart but instead now I have no char lots all gear and dinos I had cryo and WC just ignores it as they always do. 

I just hope they will be quick and not roll us back to far if they do..

It's a strange and rather not so nice feeling when you log in to your base,

which is now not your base, and you have 0 pets.... like shock horror then

glum. 

77 has features, unique lag ridden server crashing dino  vanishing features. ;)

Hello and i lost my character on this; i transf from S.E and come to Island 77,  5 minutes before update. The character has gone away, i have tried S.E just in case, but wasnt there!!!! 

I want my character and stuff back!! Tomorrow i ve to work!!!!  Before update i left 3 gigas and couple of otters maturing.....

Tks a lot WC ....

Already Submited tickets for server and my character

13 minutes ago, Sphere said:

Typically people only care about results, not how to get there. Just because you cannot see something, does not mean it is not happening.

well server is back now. i can sleep. rollback of about 10 hours, rex baby that was juvenile is back to 2%
but at least its not dead. was a very special baby.
but because there was a 10 hour rollback for this server and probably other servers also, we are going to see another huge wave of players loosing chars.... again.

because the server was not changing status for 6 hours, restarting at day 0 all the time and nobody on twitter mentioned they are woking on all the servers that arent working properly made it show nothing was being done.

2 minutes ago, BertNoobians said:

well server is back now. i can sleep. rollback of about 10 hours, rex baby that was juvenile is back to 2%
but because there was a 10 hour rollback for this server and probably other servers also, we are going to see another huge wave of players loosing chars.... again.

because the server was not changing status for 6 hours, restarting at day 0 all the time and nobody on twitter mentioned they are woking on all the servers that arent working properly made it show nothing was being done.

This is the benefits of having a cluster like what I own as unofficial. I can take back every server and the obelisk at the same time, which ensures nobody loses anything but some time. Rollbacks still suck. But up until today, the only reasons I have had to rollback was because of lightning taking out the power, or losing Internet and people voted for a rollback to just before the outage. And yeah, sometimes they do a NBN network maintenance, meaning people lose Internet in my area due to them working on the network hardware on the street.

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, BertNoobians said:

I don't think this was a generalized issue. All the reports I saw posted on the forums that got merged here were all for that specific server. If I had to guess, I would say the save that was made before the server was taken down for the update was corrupted resulting into the server being stuck in a crash loop so the server management team most likely rolled back to a previous save that was stable. That being said, if anyone lost anything due to this incident, then submit a Support Ticket and a Game Master should be able to assist.

Archived