Q: on these COC: leaving dino obelisk teleportation platforms

Abecy

Generally, as a rule of thumb: If your tame is on or near the teleportation ring of an Obelisk - you need to move it.

If you parked it outside of the ring but it can be pushed/struck until it gets into the ring - you shouldn't park it there.

For example: On SE the teleportation rings have very little land around them and lots of other wild dinos willing to come and make them into a snack - thus shoving them onto the pad.

This now blocks people from being able to reach the terminal (in some cases) and/or they can't take all their dinos into the Boss Arena because those on the teleport pad count towards the allowed dino count going INTO a boss arena (including flyers).

And if you are confident with your 20 dinos, and can now only take 10 or 15 (due to the allowed dino count of 20 or lack of space to fit them in) - are you going to still go in and risk losing everything all because someone was inconsiderate/lazy or being 'a Richard'?

18 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

If your dinos are on the teleport pad, people with just port them to the boss arena to clear them out of the way.

Flyers can't go into all the Boss arenas so flyers just take up floor space on the Obelisk teleport pad and you can't clear the pad by running a losing boss run, sadly.

But now they can, eventually, get into trouble with WC for restricting the gameplay of others.

1 minute ago, PreshusRoze said:

Flyers can't go into all the Boss arenas so flyers just take up floor space on the Obelisk teleport pad and you can't clear the pad by running a losing boss run, sadly.

But now they can, eventually, get into trouble with WC for restricting the gameplay of others.

Does the wild diplo push (non-damaging) work on the ORP for PvE?

11 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

I can't say for certain.

Judging from past complaints on Island players: Dinos on the Obelisk land get moved from where they were parked.

But I wonder if it's more of - things got moved/pushed before the ORP fully kicked in after the person logged off, or as they were logging in (because that ORP lifts as you log in, even before your toon 'sees' it's surroundings). I hear our turrets go off when I log in, quite often, but still can't see a thing.

Several times we have found peoples tames just chilling in the water beneath green & red Obelisk on Island.

Parking near the obelisk should not be a problem aslong nobody is blocked, most problem is not the players that park their dinos near it but the players that jump servers and leaving their dino near the terminal for days and this should be in the COC. i do not think it is about parking boss rexes outside the ring with a decent distance. Else SE and rag areas should be wiped clean since alot of rafts  and dinos near it. But this should be clearified by @Jen or anyone else from WC. None of the players know it since there is no clear info about it.

9 minutes ago, Rogero said:

Can you share that way please? Have problems with ppl on my server and reports seems to be handled slowly.

To share means they could get into trouble for using a possible exploit.
And you using it means you get into trouble too.
Do you like rabbit holes? Because that is a rabbit hole you might not want to go into.

19 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Better than getting reported. Or getting your server mad at you for blocking the obelisk.

Our server had never had problem or have from players that use the obelisk for boss runs. The problem is the new players server jumpers who like to troll or park in the ring. Putting rexes in cryo and pop them at obelisk is a good idea if it was not @&$@@&$!!! Long that they get out of torpor.

You CAN leave dinos around the teleport platform. I know very well because I reported the other day a tribe that had 36 dinos around the platform with the porpuse of filling it (because there were not only boss dinos, there were 4 brontos, quetzals...) and the GM closed the ticked without further action.

Imo it shouldnt be allowed, but cptnmorgan GM did not consider this was against CoC.

5 minutes ago, arkark said:

You CAN leave dinos around the teleport platform. I know very well because I reported the other day a tribe that had 36 dinos around the platform with the porpuse of filling it (because there were not only boss dinos, there were 4 brontos, quetzals...) and the GM closed the ticked without further action.

Imo it shouldnt be allowed, but cptnmorgan GM did not consider this was against CoC.

Blocking access is against the rules. 

Leaving tames inside of caves or on obelisk teleportation platforms

Game Blocking - you are not allowed to block other tribes from playing the game on PvEservers.

26 minutes ago, Avaraxius said:

Our server had never had problem or have from players that use the obelisk for boss runs. The problem is the new players server jumpers who like to troll or park in the ring. Putting rexes in cryo and pop them at obelisk is a good idea if it was not @&$@@&$!!! Long that they get out of torpor.

stimulant.

6 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Blocking access is against the rules. 

Leaving tames inside of caves or on obelisk teleportation platforms

Game Blocking - you are not allowed to block other tribes from playing the game on PvEservers.

If the dinos dont have the foot inside the teleport platform they are not breaking the rules. At least to the oppinion of that GM.

12 minutes ago, arkark said:

If the dinos dont have the foot inside the teleport platform they are not breaking the rules. At least to the oppinion of that GM.

Each GM may have a different interpretation of the rules. Definitely biased. 

Blocking access to an obelisk on PvE is keeping others from playing the game. It's in the PvE section of the CoC.

19 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

no dilpos can not push offline dinos, the only way that they will move is if a wild dino moves them by attacking,  I haven't seen a wild diplo push offline dino either, tamed two of them that were inside a persons base and they never budged the other individuals dinos.

Many people park their rexes near the obelisks,  as long as your dino's are not blocking access to the obelisk keeping others from getting their dinos onto the platform, your dino's are not parked directly on the obelisk / inside the teleport ring, you are not breaking CoC.  

I do find it annoying when you head to a obelisk to start a boss battle and someone's left their dino right there in the center of the obelisk, or left a pile of rexs sitting on the obelisk platform, this is against the CoC and reportable.   Do to ticket processing time and ticket submission levels, always remember to take a screenshot of the offense and include it with your ticket, make sure that the tribe name on the dinos can be seen.

Edit in: to help your case - take several screenshots over time, and upload them to steam so that the time & date will be present with the screenshot, and that its not just someone moving their rexes / dino's onto the platform to start a boss fight.

Archived