Community Crunch 182: Auto-Decay Back Tomorrow & Social Roundup!

StudioWildcard

8 hours ago, Jamerific said:
8 hours ago, frankscaturro said:

We have been steadily getting meshed for the past two weeks by three or four different mesh teams on official pvp servers. They were bold enough to come into our party chat and tell us that someone is paying them in euros to mesh us. Talk about your game being exploited. We all have tek railguns, scouts, and parasaurs and have successfully defended our bases with them and sent wildcard tons of footage. It's our only defense however and it's only a matter of time before this method of cheating deletes our hard work completely. Maybe if you guys improved the tek railgun to act more as a sniper rifle. It's really laggy to use and consumes way too much element. That or add another weapon that acts like a parasaur that locks and kills a player out from under the map that aids the player that's defending. Anything you can implement to prevent us from being cheated. It would be nice to put defense against meshing in our hands while you figure this out. Afterall, we really are the ones defending or bases 24/7 these days. Please help us. 

What you are asking for is a gun that shoots through not only walls, but anything in line of sight? Gee that doesn't sound broken at all.

well there is some viability to this. instead of a gun how about a turret? it is possible to add a system to any game and/ or any object (mesh included) that can figure out what side of a wall or object a player is standing on. considering that you have to be on the back end or under side of a mesh to actually be able to mesh. what if you create a configuration for a turret (or a new turret entirely i don't care what you use as long as its a low level object.) that allows a turret to shoot through a mesh (just disable turret / mesh collisions) provided that a character or dino is located behind or inside said mesh 

i.e if (from the POV of a mesher) i decide to mesh a base, clip into the terrain and go to the base, the turret would look at me and insta kill me ammo or not (because if you cheat you deserve immediate retribution without a chance to repent obviously) and thats that. however if i am outside of the wall (raiding the base like a good human being should NORMALLY) the turret acts like a normal turret with normal damage (or whatever the server has it set to)

UNDERSTAND I AM NOT A MESHER

of course this would only be a temporary fix and you would have to dedicate a lower level object for people starting the server or it would be unfair to them. and said object would have to search for meshers and nothing more as to keep it from being op in a sens that its a level 5 object acting like a turret outside of looking for meshers.

i dont know if that makes sense but thats essentially the best of both worlds imo.

Edited by AcyanidePancake

59 minutes ago, DrDigitalSb said:

People need to stop complaining we got a whole brand new experience in the form of extinction around 6 months ago. And pc players have access to this content because of the pc's open nature. If you want to experience mods play on pc and stop blaming wildcard as consoles normally dont allow mods. (Also if wildcard takes the time to verify mods and stuff it'll take a lot of time away from the main games development which takes much higher priority).

I'm not complaining, but I do believe wildcard does need to release more maps. When's the last time we received dinos into the game on vanilla because I can only play on xbox which means that I have never experienced mods other than primitive plus which also needs some major help

Edited by Arkdude19

I think it is best to get all the patches done before pushing for more content that ark is lacking.

For a development team I would recommend taking a look at Rust, a game similar to ark only they have polls and take suggestions frequently to steer the game in the right direction for the majority of the players. Since release you can clearly see that the rate of progress far superior to ark

5 hours ago, Arkdude19 said:

we console players have been waiting patiently for new maps to play on and we haven't gotten anything since extinction, yes I like that you guys are pushing mesh out of existence, but PC gets a lot more fun stuff like the gaia mod and the paridos mod and crystal isles, us console players are bored with the stuff that we've beaten about 1,000 million times like the overseer and Rockwell and we've explored all of the maps and now we are very bored

I tend to word it differently, but you are correct. PC has a large variety of options out there for players to play with and switch between in order to keep the interest in the game alive, whereas Console is limited to a handful of maps and a some gameuser and game ini codes that some can adjust given the certain circumstances. 

2 hours ago, DrDigitalSb said:

People need to stop complaining we got a whole brand new experience in the form of extinction around 6 months ago. And pc players have access to this content because of the pc's open nature. If you want to experience mods play on pc and stop blaming wildcard as consoles normally dont allow mods. (Also if wildcard takes the time to verify mods and stuff it'll take a lot of time away from the main games development which takes much higher priority).

As for your statement, I understand what you are saying, but I don't agree with it. It is easy to say "switch to PC" but not everyone has the funds to do so, nor do they all prefer to play games on PC. 

The main reason I disagree however, is not due to the funds needed to purchase a new system but the clear fact that just like PC players, Console players also purchased the game and therefore should receive the same focus of those that purchased the PC variety. 

However, what we see happening are new servers for PC players to play on, updates to add new features and/or items, games fixes and enhancements, Ark sponsored mods, and highlights that are particular to the PC player base.

A clearer example you cannot make beyond that of the Ark sponsored mods. They are openly stating that they are willing to pay modders to create content for one set of gamers, PC gamers. While also openly stating that many of those features will not be seen on another variety of gameplay. 

Now I understand that coding for PC is different and as such, having mods added to it both in house and out of it, are far easier than it would be to do the same for console. Which is why, regardless of the fact that as a console player I will most likely never get to play the mods, I do support the creative endeavors of those that do the work. They are amazing and I do follow quite a few of them. And I will forever cross my fingers that someday console gets even a part of them.

That said, since we too paid for the game, I hope that we aren't being forgotten because as it is, it truly feels as though we have. 

At this point, what do we have to look forward to? No rumors or whispers beyond that which people can pull from reading in between the lines. Even if all we received was a blanket statement that a "new unnamed map" was being worked on, that would be more than what we have now.

*And I am not asking for new map or new content tomorrow. I would just be happier knowing something was being worked on, even if it didn't come out until the end of the year or into the next. 

So for your statement that we are "complaining", I can't agree with that. However as that is how you seem to understand it, I will continue to "complain" until there is something for us to look forward too, because frankly right now there isn't much of anything.

*Though honestly I prefer to have it viewed as giving an opinion based on how I play the game and those I play with. 

2 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

That's your choice. Consoles don't have mods and it's highly unlikely that will happen. So you are stuck with content available for console or switch to the Steam version, those are your choices.

Yep. I can now finally invest in a gaming PC. I wasn’t going to get Ark because I host a cluster on Xbox but because it’s PvE, if I do get Ark on PC it will be for PvP only and to experience mods.

We read a lot about console not having mods. They blame wc. This is the facts. Consoles have pros PC has pros, consoles have cons PC has cons. Yet people who have chosen console complain about a con of console. If you want mods play on PC, and don't say 8 couldn't afford a PC. For the same price as a now a days console you can get a PC capable of running ark. Just do a little research and you can easy find a rig that us both cheaper than console and more powerful. 

Are you going to fix massive rubberbanding on official and unofficial servers?

I had a short adventure once again on official server (Classic PVP, The Island), but it was irritating because of lags and rubberbanding every few minutes (teleporting twenty meters back each time a huge lag appeared). Not even mention the new growing trend of some tribes - infecting every player with swamp fever. I felt like the only healthy person there...

So I decided to come back to my private server (which was lagging during this stupid Eggcellent event). I moved from The Center to The Island. And it was running perfectly smoothly. Until today. I assume it started to lag again because of your "fixes" and re-enabling decay timers?

Come on, do actually something GOOD with your own game, ffs!

Edited by Dzieciak

Wow, it must be great to have all the answers. Just buy a PC, do the research or just stop complaining. It is true that both PCs and consoles have different pros and cons. it is also clear that PCs have a more open nature that allows it to have  mods to be easily created. This doesn't mean that players from consoles need to sit back and have no opinions. In 2017 "EA" estimated that over 103 million consoles (ps4 & Xbox) were sold with an expected 130 million by the end of 2018. Now, before all the PC users let me know how many computers in the world; just stop. 

If WC released the game for PC only, they would miss out on the console sales, so they released on both. WC also charges the same price for both copies. WC also just added S+ ( a mod) to consoles. WC also is now paying for certain mods (sponsorship program).

With all of this said, WC could give up the console sales if we can't have an opinion. WC could charge 1/2 price to console players. WC could demand it's sponsor program mod applicants work on a console version at the same time.

No one wants a mod that would break the console game. No one on console thinks that we will have everything that the PC game has. No one needs to be told to buy a gaming computer that costs much more that a console does. no one needs to be told "to bad for you".

Play nice children.

p.s. I have only commented twice on this forum. I play on console. I know the trolls are coming, and i don't care.

• Thanks 1

A note for those who have not logged in recently, if a structure on your server is over the timer limit it will automatically be removed when the servers restart with this change enabled.

Seriously Wildcard? Why the hell did you say multiple times that auto decay timers were disabled when all you actually disabled was auto decay? You know maybe a warning on the login screen prior to turning decay back on would have been nice?

Thanks to your inability to properly communicate, i lost a badass metal/tek treehouse, my reaper taming facility which the whole server used daily, and some other structures. The treehouse especially makes no sense because I had been there less than a week ago and there isn't a thing mentioned in either servers tribelog regarding anything decaying.

On 5/21/2019 at 7:29 AM, Jamerific said:

What you are asking for is a gun that shoots through not only walls, but anything in line of sight? Gee that doesn't sound broken at all.

Because the tek rail gun doesn't already do this? Have you tried a tek railgun against the best mesher in the game? Because I have. I'm asking for it to be improved. Because it really would have been nice to stop him firing rockets from under the mesh at my base a little faster. 

10 hours ago, AndrewLB said:

Seriously Wildcard? Why the hell did you say multiple times that auto decay timers were disabled when all you actually disabled was auto decay? You know maybe a warning on the login screen prior to turning decay back on would have been nice?

Thanks to your inability to properly communicate, i lost a badass metal/tek treehouse, my reaper taming facility which the whole server used daily, and some other structures. The treehouse especially makes no sense because I had been there less than a week ago and there isn't a thing mentioned in either servers tribelog regarding anything decaying.

It was mentioned in the last CC

As for as the treehouse, put in a ticket.