Community Crunch 182: Auto-Decay Back Tomorrow & Social Roundup!

StudioWildcard

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

Decay Timers Return Tomorrow!

612E74C3029354FD570BB05B6F4DB937AB4BB2DB

A little repost from last week, now with accurate timing!

Over a month ago we announced we were temporarily disabling our decay timer on our official servers. This was done in order to allow for our customer support to successfully reunite players with their tribes, bases, and tamed creatures after an issue caused some players characters to be deleted. Our customer support has been able to address many of these concerns that were as a result of the incident last month, and therefore we are re-enabling the decay timer tomorrow, Tuesday, May 21st. 

A note for those who have not logged in recently, if a structure on your server is over the timer limit it will automatically be removed when the servers restart with this change enabled. Therefore any spam structures will be cleaned from your server immediately. If you have refreshed your base in the last ~8 days (more/less depending on structure type), your structures will be safe just as they were before the decay was disabled.

We look forward to having our servers cleaned up tomorrow. Our servers may take a little longer to boot up (especially on popular PVE servers) with this enabled so we appreciate your patience during tomorrows server deployment.

Social Roundup!

Image result for ark lasso

The Social Roundup is geared to showing you some of the social activity you might be otherwise missing. Here we will highlight some of the posts that happened on our various social platforms. Topics might range from existing bugs to questions about events or future content. 

ON MESHING:

There has been quite a bit of discussion on social regarding meshing since our last console update where our improved mesh detection was added. We want to acknowledge that the immediate results have not been as impactful as our players have expected, but we want to assure everyone that this is something we are actively working on on a consistent and daily basis. Going forward we believe console players (and all players) will see more positive action taking place, as we continue to expend resources on decreasing the meshing problems. We want to also extend a thank you for your patience with us. We have made great strides in reducing the problem, but there is still more work to be done.

ON ARKPOCALYPSE:

From Wildcard Panda:

ARKpocalypse servers wipe every 30 days. The next wipe will be on the 23rd.

In case you're not aware, our ARKpocalypse servers are a special set of servers that wipe on a monthly basis. You can join a freshly wiped server in just a few more days if you're interested in a faster pace environment without the threat of establish alpha tribes. Just search for ARKpocalypse in your server browser!

Evolution Event!

large.large.EvoEvent.png.eeb58694dd9d4cb

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 24th of May at 1 PM EST until Monday the 27th of May at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

• 2x Harvesting Rates
  • 2x Taming Rates
  • 2x EXP Rates

That's it for this post!

As always if you’ve got anything to share you can find us at:

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

All the best,
Studio Wildcard

Shinehorn screenshot by survivor ZoaLive.

View full article

We have been steadily getting meshed for the past two weeks by three or four different mesh teams on official pvp servers. They were bold enough to come into our party chat and tell us that someone is paying them in euros to mesh us. Talk about your game being exploited. We all have tek railguns, scouts, and parasaurs and have successfully defended our bases with them and sent wildcard tons of footage. It's our only defense however and it's only a matter of time before this method of cheating deletes our hard work completely. Maybe if you guys improved the tek railgun to act more as a sniper rifle. It's really laggy to use and consumes way too much element. That or add another weapon that acts like a parasaur that locks and kills a player out from under the map that aids the player that's defending. Anything you can implement to prevent us from being cheated. It would be nice to put defense against meshing in our hands while you figure this out. Afterall, we really are the ones defending or bases 24/7 these days. Please help us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, frankscaturro said:

Maybe if you guys improved the tek railgun to act more as a sniper rifle. It's really laggy to use and consumes way too much element. That or add another weapon that acts like a parasaur that locks and kills a player out from under the map that aids the player that's defending.

What you are asking for is a gun that shoots through not only walls, but anything in line of sight? Gee that doesn't sound broken at all.

• Like 1

There is no easy answer to the mesh issue and I have not been on official for some time now. Running my own non-dedicated server if I find anyone cheating I just outright ban them. I know wildcard does not want to lose a player base but cheaters are not a player base, they are a cancer to gaming. If you want to cheat your way to success then rent your own server and see who wants to play with you or play single player. I know it'd take up a lot of resources but a Drone that is non-tamable and only in the mesh and kills instantly if detected could be interesting. A detection system from outside from the mesh could make mistakes and assume someone is in the mesh when they are just outside the cave. I know Im not a professional or someone who could do it myself, or even if this is logistical but thought it might be a suggestion. Just my thoughts on the issue.

The spam on pve is unreal....I played pvp  since beta thought that was spammed and laggy  until I  decided to go pve for a little while (mainly cause of the meshing ..) and hours as I don't have  as much time atm..But pve servers are completely spammed out. extremely laggy  pillared everywhere..due to huge stone bases

something needs to be done about it..theres hardly dinos spawning because of spam and huge stone bases...

Why don't you think about a tame only server where people cant build on it and only lay like a sleeping bag and tame dinos on it only to transfer back to their server.  Island map has hardly next to none spinos which you need sails for boss fight...Also for smaller tribes the dragon on island is very hard to do.and getting on to a rag server to do fight to open transmitter in almost impossible..you stopped people building at obs but they just build on the outside of it.Dinos disappearing in midair and making you respawn as though you have died yet not showing in tribe log needs attention, servers being ddos 

Ark is a awesome game and has so much potentional..and a lot of progress on fixing the game  very good like the communication is tons better since I started playing on beta..

we console players have been waiting patiently for new maps to play on and we haven't gotten anything since extinction, yes I like that you guys are pushing mesh out of existence, but PC gets alot more fun stuff like the gaia mod and the paridos mod and crystal isles, us console players are bored with the stuff that we've beaten about 1,000 million times like the overseer and Rockwell and we've explored all of the maps and now we are very bored

• Thanks 2

I dont think they care about the meshing on legacy servers.  The biggest trolls on legacy still have several mesh bases 

It is well documented that legacy servers do not receive standard support and they made that clear when they were first turned them into legacy servers. Move to official if you want support. it's the very reason I moved off legacy when the game went final release. It was obvious we were going to need that future support.

Edited by RudeboyXL

1 hour ago, suzi said:

The spam on pve is unreal....I played pvp  since beta thought that was spammed and laggy  until I  decided to go pve for a little while (mainly cause of the meshing ..) and hours as I don't have  as much time atm..But pve servers are completely spammed out. extremely laggy  pillared everywhere..due to huge stone bases

something needs to be done about it..theres hardly dinos spawning because of spam and huge stone bases...

Why don't you think about a tame only server where people cant build on it and only lay like a sleeping bag and tame dinos on it only to transfer back to their server.  Island map has hardly next to none spinos which you need sails for boss fight...Also for smaller tribes the dragon on island is very hard to do.and getting on to a rag server to do fight to open transmitter in almost impossible..you stopped people building at obs but they just build on the outside of it.Dinos disappearing in midair and making you respawn as though you have died yet not showing in tribe log needs attention, servers being ddos 

Ark is a awesome game and has so much potentional..and a lot of progress on fixing the game  very good like the communication is tons better since I started playing on beta..

Just introduce a flag system a tribe of 1 gets 1 main flag and 2 secindary flags the main flag allows a player to build a base 20 by 20 foundations and the secondary flags allow you to build a out post 8 by 8 foundations then no more pillard lands. As a tribe you can choose to build a main base and either 2 trap's or 2 outposts or put all flags into 1 base 

3 hours ago, Arkdude19 said:

we console players have been waiting patiently for new maps to play on and we haven't gotten anything since extinction, yes I like that you guys are pushing mesh out of existence, but PC gets alot more fun stuff like the gaia mod and the paridos mod and crystal isles, us console players are bored with the stuff that we've beaten about 1,000 million times like the overseer and Rockwell and we've explored all of the maps and now we are very bored

People need to stop complaining we got a whole brand new experience in the form of extinction around 6 months ago. And pc players have access to this content because of the pc's open nature. If you want to experience mods play on pc and stop blaming wildcard as consoles normally dont allow mods. (Also if wildcard takes the time to verify mods and stuff it'll take a lot of time away from the main games development which takes much higher priority).

Edited by DrDigitalSb
Added new comment
  • Thanks 1