Help pls

server settings questions

i just have a few questions about changing certain settings on my nitrado server.

what setting would i need to change to increase how long it takes for a tamed creature to go through its food meter? and what would i need to set it to to double the amount of time it takes?

and also if i do change this setting does it mess with baby creature raising at all?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2019 at 7:44 PM, GameFreak said:

what setting would i need to change to increase how long it takes for a tamed creature to go through its food meter? and what would i need to set it to to double the amount of time it takes?

The setting is TamedDinoCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier .

To make their food last twice as long, you make the food drain half as fast, so the setting would looks like this:

TamedDinoCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier = 0.5

The catch is that this will affect your taming times. There is a separate setting for wild dinos, which makes you think that this setting you want should only affect dino's that you have finished taming. But for some reason that's not how it works. The moment you knock out a dino to tame it, it stops using the wild dino food setting and starts using this  TamedDinoCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier instead. What will happen is that the animals will need the same amount of food to tame, and you'll get the same number of levels from the taming process, but it will take twice as long. You can counteract this time affect by changing the taming speed multiplier, but that will also changer how much food you need to give them in order for them to finish taming. I suggest you use Dododex to play around with these values so you can see how the changes will affect taming.

As far as raising new dino's is concerned, there is a separate setting for the amount of food they eat as babies  BabyFoodConsumptionSpeedMultiplier=

As far as I know that only affects them during the baby stage. I've never used this setting, but I'm fairly sure that when they are juvenile and adolescent they use the TamedDinoCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier value. So if you want to change the rate at which new dino's eat food you have to change both of those settings.

i was looking at those setting as well but im just worried that if i change the tamed food drain that it would cause it so that the creature you are raising wont eat enough or something and you would fail the raise (i vaguely remember that happening a while ago when they were still adjusting things way back when). as for the settings for "baby" considering that all the settings that say "baby" that i have changed have the same change all the way through the raise i would say that when they say "baby" the just mean the entire raise not just for the baby portion of the raise. i mean i changed the "baby mature speed" setting and that changed the entire raise time accordingly not just the baby portion.

i guess ill just stick with the settings ive got for now.

Archived