2 weeks away from anniversary!

Jaydageezer

I just found the old crunch from last years event so hopefully we'll get the same this year. With the anniversary cake too! 

Survivors across ALL Platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from the Friday the 1st of June at 3 PM EST until Monday the 4th of June at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

2x Harvesting Rates
2x Taming Rates
2x Maturation Rates
2x  Mating and Egg Hatching Rates
2x EXP Rates

Year Three of ARK!!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, urmas said:

for me would be 2x breeding enough

I'll go ahead and be the voice of reason in this thread. Everyone wants 2x+ breeding, but can you really do it? All I envision is the forums full of people complaining because their server is already at cap most of the time. Add in 2x breeding and..... no newbie will be able to tame anything the entire time the event is active. All vets will be hatching tons of gigas, mosa, etc.. the harder stuff to raise... and in big batches. Don't believe me? You must be new then.

That being said, I do all my raising on Extinction, so it won't bother me much. I am just thinking about the island and rag servers I play on. Nothing but constant whining about tame caps, during normal weekends. 2x breeding event weekends, you do not even want to have chat turned on for those servers.

2 hours ago, JSacra said:

I'll go ahead and be the voice of reason in this thread. Everyone wants 2x+ breeding, but can you really do it? All I envision is the forums full of people complaining because their server is already at cap most of the time. Add in 2x breeding and..... no newbie will be able to tame anything the entire time the event is active. All vets will be hatching tons of gigas, mosa, etc.. the harder stuff to raise... and in big batches. Don't believe me? You must be new then.

That being said, I do all my raising on Extinction, so it won't bother me much. I am just thinking about the island and rag servers I play on. Nothing but constant whining about tame caps, during normal weekends. 2x breeding event weekends, you do not even want to have chat turned on for those servers.

Truestory 

13 hours ago, JSacra said:

i am not so new. Playing more than a year but in legacy server where i dont have cap issues. And if wildcard want to say no breeding events because of cap then this is stuppid excuse. they just need to put one month timer and tell to players that tribe limit from 500 is going t reduced to 100 and change cryofridge craft into fabricator and problem is solved.

1 hour ago, SnowboundGem said:

I need a day off I read that as broccoli. The new vegetable Dino.. wtaf!

hey they could do this, the brachi deservers to be in the game more than the bronto, the bronto is not even a real name for it now, it is apatosaurus, LEARN YOUR NAMES WILDCARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

hey they could do this, the brachi deservers to be in the game more than the bronto, the bronto is not even a real name for it now, it is apatosaurus, LEARN YOUR NAMES WILDCARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh boy, do I have news for you.

Recent studys suggest there is a Brontosaurus genus after all, separate from the Apatosaurus genus.

On 5/31/2019 at 4:46 AM, JSacra said:

Pre-extinction Ark called and they want their problems back.

Tame caps are old news, thanks to kibble rework, cryo pods and Wild Card's new zero tolerance policy to tribes housing hordes of stupid dinos (20 dodos etc), tame caps are a thing of the past. At least on the majority of servers. If you're living on one then I suggest packing up because it is not hard to find one that's not capped.

So yes, breeding event sounds lovely. Thanks.

9 hours ago, Jacira said:

Pre-extinction Ark called and they want their problems back.

It must be nice living in a fantasy world ?

9 hours ago, Jacira said:

If you're living on one then I suggest packing up because it is not hard to find one that's not capped.

Easier said than done. Plus I have visited other servers looking around. It is not all roses and the grass is not always greener on the other side.

If someone says there is an issue and it is one you are not currently aware of, it makes you look silly to say they are lying or that it is not the case.

On 6/1/2019 at 10:45 PM, JSacra said:

It must be nice living in a fantasy world ?

Easier said than done. Plus I have visited other servers looking around. It is not all roses and the grass is not always greener on the other side.

If someone says there is an issue and it is one you are not currently aware of, it makes you look silly to say they are lying or that it is not the case.

Except I never stated that anyone was lying or that it isn't the case, I was simply pointing out that it is no where near the game-crippling issue it was before all the steps Wild Card took to lessen its impact. I even gave advice on ways to handle the cap if people are still experiencing said problem, so not sure why you're attacking that poor strawman. Perhaps it's due to the same delusion which leads you to believe the tame cap will still be the widespread problem it used to be if they did a breeding event. Simply because the island and rag servers you play on are experiencing it. In fact, and to prevent you rebutting with some further nonsensical argument. I'll hit you with some statistics instead.

A quick visit to the forums anytime during pre-extinction Ark, you could never even open the front page of the General Discussion forums without finding at least one thread complaining about the cap, or the front page of Game Suggestions forum without some player's own solution on how to solve it. Today however, on any regular given day these threads have since vanished, but if that isn't enough for you I have a couple more facts for you...

Fast forward roughly 4 months after cryopods to our latest breeding event- Valentine's Day. Want to guess how many threads there were about tame cap during that breeding event?

One
https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/408540-almost-all-server-at-tame-cap-event-useless-joke/&page=3

And what's more, is that the OP in this thread made the same claim you are trying to; that due to the breeding event almost all servers are tame capped. However if you follow the link and read the replies, the majority of people state they are actually breeding freely on their servers. This doesn't negate what the OP stated, or make him a liar. But it does belittle his argument that "almost all servers at tame cap" just because his own minute experiences lead him to believe that (seeing the similarities?).

My last point, but most important, is that the Valentine's Day breeding event occurred before the release of the Homestead update. An update that also featured the Kibble rework- further reducing the tame cap problem.

With these facts in mind, I would safely put my money on the tame cap not being the widespread issue you claim it will be, should they include a breeding multiplier in the anniversary event. 

PS- Before you erroneously state others are living in a fantasy world, perhaps you should review past and current trends first. Lest you make yourself look silly.

?

PSS- They are if you can't say it 

Archived