Frog (and Saber) stats for Swamp Cave:

mattj

Frog stats for Swamp Cave:

I’ve found plenty of concrete suggestions for Saber stats for Swamp Cave (3,000 HP rest in Melee). But I’ve never seen any concrete suggestions for what we should level our frog in.

We’re bringing 1 imprinted saber and 4 tame sabers (130+) with 45-50 armor saddles and 3,000 HP to handle the big stuff. And we’re imprinting a frog right now from 150 parents to handle the flies. Got crazy lucky off a beacon and we’ll have 75 armor saddles for our frog.

What should we level our frog in though? 3,000 HP as well? Just Melee?

On Monday, May 20, 2019 at 5:13 AM, mattj said:

Frog stats for Swamp Cave:

I’ve found plenty of concrete suggestions for Saber stats for Swamp Cave (3,000 HP rest in Melee). But I’ve never seen any concrete suggestions for what we should level our frog in.

We’re bringing 1 imprinted saber and 4 tame sabers (130+) with 45-50 armor saddles and 3,000 HP to handle the big stuff. And we’re imprinting a frog right now from 150 parents to handle the flies. Got crazy lucky off a beacon and we’ll have 75 armor saddles for our frog.

What should we level our frog in though? 3,000 HP as well? Just Melee?

Not sure how this got buried, damn patch :P 

I level mine 5k hp rest melee and ive never dropped below 2.5k hp. Usually I frog in and then un cryo a mega (like ive said before) but before then I have done the swamp cave with just a frog with 5k hp and a 80+ arm saddle no worries (except artho..just a pain obviously)

So far I've ran the cave with both Baryonyx and frogs.  The baryonyx makes quick work of everything along with making you a harder target to hit for the arthros.

The frog however, I've level two wild tamed 145s.  One male and one female.  Equipped them with an ascendant 101 armor saddle.  Their health was around 4500 and melee was around 320.  It took much longer to clear, even with taking two in for the mate boost.  I had to stop a few times to force feed them to heal.  They encumber much quicker than the bary.  I took three sets of scuba/ghillie and an asc shotgun to try to shoot the arthros.  I broke all sets of gear and died.  Spawned at my sleeping bag outside the cave alongside my baryonyx with a spare set of gear on it.  

The frogs would probably be better off if I were to breed them and get the imprint.  But I think I'll just stick to the baryonyx method for now.  With frogs you'll go through more ammo and gear.  Baryonyx is probably more efficient.

That's kinda a bummer.  The one thing frogs do well is kill bugs/make CP, except according to this thread they don't really do it that well, and other ways can do it better/easier.  I wish they had a more solid role, even collecting CP is easier on Rag servers if you just fly between spawns and wipe everything at the spawns.  By the time you get back to the Redwoods, all the Beavers will be back along with dams.

21 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

That's kinda a bummer.  The one thing frogs do well is kill bugs/make CP, except according to this thread they don't really do it that well, and other ways can do it better/easier.  I wish they had a more solid role, even collecting CP is easier on Rag servers if you just fly between spawns and wipe everything at the spawns.  By the time you get back to the Redwoods, all the Beavers will be back along with dams.

They do it well. If I need loads of CP I still take a frog to swamp cave as my go-to for mass collecting. Sometimes its annoying flying all around for CP when I can get CP and chances at great drops via swamp cave. Ill often have 2 frogs follow my megatherium in there (ill facetank bugs for them, kill the rest) and they come out with a few thousand each. On official you could expect 500-1k per frog this method with 0 risk

Just updating this with our experience.

We brought 2 fully imprinted frogs from L140+ parents. 75 armor saddles. 3000 HP. We used them to sweep attack small enemies. We also brought 7 high tame or high imprint sabers with 3000 HP and 75 armor saddles to whistle attack any larger enemies. We stopped after each big room of dinos to force heal.

This worked surprisingly well. The frogs took VERY little damage. While we didn’t lose any sabers on the first run we’re gonna bump their HP up to 4000 with all the levels they get from now on. Most of the close calls with them just came from a bunch of the sabers getting traffic jammed in a tight spot while 2 or 3 poor sabers had to take on a mob of L450 dinos by themselves.

Hope this info helps anyone later on!

We have been doing swamp cave on official with same setup for  a long time.

1 Barry 100% imp.with about 7k hp rest in melee (about 800 now. Used to be less.) 124 saddle.

2 frogs 100% imp. 5k hp rest in melee(5-600 melee) 100+ saddles.

We send the frogs in first then just follow  with the Barry to clean up.

With this setup swamp cave is easy and we never loose dinos.

Archived