Something is a little off here

Peteed1

At low levels it takes forever to knock out dinos with primative items and low inventory. Takes forever to get metal out of normal rocks to make guns and tranq darts and the like and one highish level dino takes hundreds of berrys or raw meat and hours to tame. But if taming and a bit of breeding is what makes game fun then it's great.

Then you get to PvP tribes that are big and they farm slot capped ankys of metal in minutes carrying them in a crab claw or with an anky in an argy claw. Same with every other resource. But the thing is someone that likes taming breeding joins that tribe and they find out that they have to farm metal and wood and meat and berrys for days on end for a war effort they might not play in because they don't like PvP, mind numbingly boring stuff that makes them feel logging in has no point. 

They also have alot of baby dinos to claim and raise and imprint for no purpose simply because the tribe has alot of eggs to spare, but the tribes already have godlike dinos and there's no reason for the guy that likes taming to ever tame anything again because the garbage they can tame isn't gunna compete with the 2758435734578349574895489/20 mutations their tribes one has......

Just now, Peteed1 said:

Huh? did you even read the post? I'm talking about how when you join a tribe taming becomes pointless...

Taking is pointless once you have breeding bloodlines working on mutations. It's game progression.

Once you make tools, you are done picking up stone on the ground. It's the same principle, game progression.

1 minute ago, Aylana314159 said:

Taking is pointless once you have breeding bloodlines working on mutations. It's game progression.

Once you make tools, you are done picking up stone on the ground. It's the same principle, game progression.

So games meant to turn into boring junk at the end where you do nothing but endlessly slot cap metal and berrys and wood and meat which makes it no longer a game but rather a job more boring than a real life job?

11 minutes ago, Peteed1 said:

Huh? did you even read the post? I'm talking about how when you join a tribe taming becomes pointless...

So don't join a big tribe or any tribe. If the person doesn't like PvP then don't play PvP or join a new unofficial server that just wiped or best yet join the official Arkpocalypse servers that wipe every month. Taming and early breeding is always in need there.

So many options out there. People just need to find what works for them.

1 minute ago, Peteed1 said:

So games meant to turn into boring junk at the end where you do nothing but endlessly slot cap metal and berrys and wood and meat which makes it no longer a game but rather a job more boring than a real life job?

Yeah if thats your way of thinking. Some people really enjoy breeding. If there wasn't breeding and mutations, the game would just end.

3 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Yeah if thats your way of thinking. Some people really enjoy breeding. If there wasn't breeding and mutations, the game would just end.

Breeding I wouldn't mind but really it's just one OP stud male screwing lines of females that are already setup no actual making of a breeding line. 

5 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

So don't join a big tribe or any tribe. If the person doesn't like PvP then don't play PvP or join a new unofficial server that just wiped or best yet join the official Arkpocalypse servers that wipe every month. Taming and early breeding is always in need there.

So many options out there. People just need to find what works for them.

initially I tried to join a PvE oceanic tribe but none seem to exist so I ended up joining a US PvP one not knowing what I was getting into. Being fairly new I have no idea what Arkpocalypse is/was until you just mentioned it lol. I heard about server wipes yet I initially thought that was every server.

4 minutes ago, Peteed1 said:

Breeding I wouldn't mind but really it's just one OP stud male screwing lines of females that are already setup no actual making of a breeding line. 

You are not accounting for the time to create the 1 OP stud. That's a lot of time and effort.

If this isn't the end game you want, then single player mode is an option. But everything in the game is a choice. 

12 minutes ago, Aikar said:

Then why in the world would you be on a PvP server?

Because you can't play on PvE servers? There is this little issue of a billion F'ing pillars built every few steps across the whole map which can't be destroyed in PvE and they stop you even dropping a campfire to cook meat to eat let alone a whole base...

44 minutes ago, Peteed1 said:

Because you can't play on PvE servers? There is this little issue of a billion F'ing pillars built every few steps across the whole map which can't be destroyed in PvE and they stop you even dropping a campfire to cook meat to eat let alone a whole base...

Would be hilarious to gather all the information together about their setup and submit it to the devs to wipe their entire base off the map. I could imagine this method of gameplay to be rather sadistically satisfying. Going around getting people devwiped for being jackasses. ?

3 hours ago, Peteed1 said:

Try UNofficial servers ..... you are less likely to find any of that pillar spamming.

On 5/19/2019 at 6:07 AM, Peteed1 said:

Literally yes.

That's called having completed the game.

If you like, start over or lose everything in a big gamble, i.e., start over.

The alternative is more vertical progression that separates players too much, pushing out the new folks.

6 hours ago, Sphere said:

Would be hilarious to gather all the information together about their setup and submit it to the devs to wipe their entire base off the map. I could imagine this method of gameplay to be rather sadistically satisfying. Going around getting people devwiped for being jackasses. ?

*mad evil cackling* this sounds like what I would do if I could be bothered XD

On 5/19/2019 at 7:56 AM, Peteed1 said:

Every person has to make decisions for themself.

If you don't like the activities that are expected from you in  big PvP tribe then don't join a big PvP tribe, or maybe don't even play PvP at all.

If you don't like the activities that are required when playing on an Official server then find an Unofficial server or play Solo.

And so on... there are lots of different ways to play ARK, find the way to play that makes you happy and do that.

Beginning. Running notes. Get to level 70. Go to Rag. Tame argy with mutton. Tame anky/doed/mammoth. Slotcap on wood with mammoth going through swamp. Make 40 refinery forges. Burn wood. Slotcap anky/doed on flint/stone in Rag desert. Make 50 pestles. Make sparkpowder. Get around 4k raw metal a trip in desert hitting rich nodes. Continuing doing this until enough for a metal base while also making trips for pearls in vikings bay (Maybe tame an angler and some laz chowder or head to SE for some easier pearls). Now tame level 150+ rhinos and 15 velos on ext. After taming 5 rhinos and 15 velos get tribute for medium rag fight and do rag fight. After getting transmitter access go to ext to make replicator and transmitters. Main ext with mining base on ab. Eventually tame a crab for slotcaps of metal and a bear for poly farm runs with a gasbag. Start taming gigas, racers, manas and every pvp dino. This is solo. Would probably take a week depending on how much you play. 1-2 days for a team of 6+.

Then you reach the part your complaining about. Slotcapping on metal, pearls, berries, stone, flint, wood and processing things and breeding hundreds of dinos for war or mutation breeding.

Archived