Dumbest thing you ever did in ark?

Jemcrystal

The 2nd boss fight I ever did was the Beta Broodmother.  My mix army of Rexs, Allos, and a Yuty had previously beat Gamma Brood without much problem, so I thought I was hot stuff.  I teleport into the arena and have trouble finding my Yuty. While dumbly spinning in circles I see the Brood is advancing on my army (and me) much faster than the Gamma did.  I panic and whistle attack target.  My army attacks, revealing my Yuty, but he is attacking with the other Dinos.  I sprint for the Yuty and get close, but am knocked back by a Brood attack. Still sprinting, I get close enough to my Yuty to see the Ride indicator, but am struck by another Brood attack, and my screen goes black with red text - entire boss army lost in a matter of seconds.

Me, Oh...where do I begin...

I was a noob back when I first played Ark, and the Wyverns were my absolute favorite creature since I love Dragons. So, I thought I could take them on foot. (This was before even the flyer nerf came out Btw.) So, I Insta-tamed a rock golem using admins, and I tried getting eggs. But then, I'd have no way out. So, I finally tamed an Argentavis, and flew there, I buffed my stamina and speed to Hell and back, and successfully got an egg after months of trying to get one. And guess what button I pressed..."Crunch". I ate the damn egg. My first egg I ate. So yep. I've learned, and now, I've done an insane stunt, I went into the Wyvern trench with one of my friends, and we stole a fire egg in Ragnarok with nothing but cloth armor. So now, we have a level 100 fire wyvern as we are level 10. 

A couple of incidents come to mind...

First of all, the classic I'm sure everyone has done... dismounting in mid-flight... no parachute. 

Also... flying on my first tame ever, a newly minted Ptera, I decided to swoop down to attack a megaloceros... that was standing/swimming in fairly deep water. After hitting the water my Ptera was completely gone, and I was standing in the midst of a bunch of castoroides. I didn't know much about the casteroides at the time, but had heard they could be vicious fighters. I ran so fast... We eventually found the Ptera after much searching. I learned from that one... don't swoop down on something in the water!

Oh... and there's the time I got stuck on a Tapejara way, way up high. I was testing out the Quetzal capture technique of sitting in the Tapejara passenger seat and whistle commanding the Tapejara to attack my target on the Quetzal. Worked at first. I got up high nearing the Quetzal when I whistled the Tapejara to passive. The Quetzal was moving off fast and I was unable to whistle the Tapejara to 'attack target' on the Quetzal again before it flew out of render. So here I am stuck in the Tapejara's passenger seat, Googling "Ark Tapejara Switch Seats"... only to find its apparently not something you can do mid-flight. Its getting cold and I'm going to freeze... didn't bring enough food/water...  So I get this bright idea that I can dismount the Tapejara and use my parachute, then whistle the Tapejara to follow me down. No problem.... except as I'm floating down, there's a pack of Allosaurus' right below me! 

Lastnight on a purple OSD. PC kept overheating and my giga got chewed down to 3k hp while i was relogging. So i took her back to base to heal up.

Instead of doing the smart thing and calling it quits while my PC cools i got my other giga out and told my alliance members "I dont care if I walk back naked im finishing this drop". 

Well I crashed again and my giga died so like a man of my word by the time it was finished I walked back naked.

Momma didnt raise no dodo XD

And just behind that pressing J inside a packed base.

i like sphere's format so i am going to list the first thing that comes to mind while playing, then one bad admin thing.

my story was back when dinosaurs mysteriously disappeared a few years back. gigas had just came out and so i landed on my quetz loaded with with fridges, ammunition, and i had my best gear on.  anyways i knocked a giga out that was stuck and didn't know how fast their torpor went down. so after knocking him out i started sorting my inventory and the guy woke up, so i turn around to my quetzal to mount and there was nothing but bags on the ground. it wasn't killed just disappeared. so i tried to kill the giga with my sword without realizing how far their bite went.

as an admin, i SSHed into the server and restarted one of them but not the other because they were still doing something on the other server. anyways server#1 reset and they were taming a phoenix on server 2. server 2 needed a reset. they transferred the phoenix to server 1 so i went to reset server number 2 and i forgot to unhook the server 1 process from the terminal session so when i closed the window the server closed.

tlds; people lost phoenix tame i had to replace it.

Fight my way down through the red zone on Ab on a spino for hours to get to rock drake nests, first nest I find is a 185 egg.  Fight off the dozens of drakes trying to kill my spino and barely survive, forcefeed it back up to reasonable health, fight way back up to green zone, go to air conditioners, eat egg.  Entire day gone.

That or losing my extremely powerful Tuso because I let it get surrounded by dozens of dunks and megs in lost hope that had alpha boost.

On 5/20/2019 at 3:58 PM, DeHammer said:

A couple of incidents come to mind...

First of all, the classic I'm sure everyone has done... dismounting in mid-flight... no parachute. 

Also... flying on my first tame ever, a newly minted Ptera, I decided to swoop down to attack a megaloceros... that was standing/swimming in fairly deep water. After hitting the water my Ptera was completely gone, and I was standing in the midst of a bunch of castoroides. I didn't know much about the casteroides at the time, but had heard they could be vicious fighters. I ran so fast... We eventually found the Ptera after much searching. I learned from that one... don't swoop down on something in the water!

Oh... and there's the time I got stuck on a Tapejara way, way up high. I was testing out the Quetzal capture technique of sitting in the Tapejara passenger seat and whistle commanding the Tapejara to attack my target on the Quetzal. Worked at first. I got up high nearing the Quetzal when I whistled the Tapejara to passive. The Quetzal was moving off fast and I was unable to whistle the Tapejara to 'attack target' on the Quetzal again before it flew out of render. So here I am stuck in the Tapejara's passenger seat, Googling "Ark Tapejara Switch Seats"... only to find its apparently not something you can do mid-flight. Its getting cold and I'm going to freeze... didn't bring enough food/water...  So I get this bright idea that I can dismount the Tapejara and use my parachute, then whistle the Tapejara to follow me down. No problem.... except as I'm floating down, there's a pack of Allosaurus' right below me! 

I hate the water don't really know why first time I got too close on a bird they dumped me into the sea right over an alpha shark. My husband stopped playing to laugh at my panic. I never made it back to my bird I was shark food.

3 hours ago, FenTheReaper said:

Fight my way down through the red zone on Ab on a spino for hours to get to rock drake nests, first nest I find is a 185 egg.  Fight off the dozens of drakes trying to kill my spino and barely survive, forcefeed it back up to reasonable health, fight way back up to green zone, go to air conditioners, eat egg.  Entire day gone.

Ouch! I think we've nearly all eaten eggs before. But that one had to especially hurt. 

• Volunteer Moderator

Seriously, no one has done a whistle 'All Follow' in the middle of your base.  One second, everything is great, and the next, you are screaming, cursing, yelling, and foaming at the mouth while pinned under a pile of whatever managed pile on you before you could whistle Un-follow All.  The second that it happens, the dread and dismay hit you like pillowcase full of brick.

Best is when you do that, just after getting everything arranged.   In the early days(back in 2015), actually got a rex(that was outside) stuck in our metal base building.  Took a lot of whistling and running around to get that thing out of the building; though the contortions it went into before finally getting out were hilarious.

So, in the game, I always remap the Use key (from E to Insert) and I unmap the Follow-All key.

Also, if you are ever riding a tame that is on a quetz that is in motion...don't dismount; unless you want to know what it feels like to be Wyle E. Coyote.

On 5/20/2019 at 7:32 AM, Supersonic said:

A few weeks/months ago. Accidentally dropped a cryo with my newly kibble-tamed Thyla. 

Vaccum cleaner Gacha ate it.

I named our gatchas vaccum cleaner and dust buster.

I too have fed them a cryoed dino all because the game froze for a minute after I dropped the cryo pod with my husband's otter in it.

He doesn't know I renamed a soon to be adult baby and levelled it up a bit and adjusted the stats, he won't ever know unless he reads this. ?

first time playing ark online, giga first came out, played on a private server, 30 of us tamed up a horde of creatures from raptors to argents, we were looking for the new giga thinking we could kill it,  me and my friend were leading the charge, we charged at the thing screaming into our mics "charge" in  a matter of seconds we where dead, i ran away on my raptor named blue, i called to retreat but my friend said to keep fighting, we later returend with rexes and brontos and other big game, there were now two, we said screw it, we charged only got the first one to bout half health before we died, we enver went near that mountian again.

and yes i have accidently whistled follow all on PS4, it is chaos, specialy with fliers.

4 hours ago, Jerryn said:

Seriously, no one has done a whistle 'All Follow' in the middle of your base.  One second, everything is great, and the next, you are screaming, cursing, yelling, and foaming at the mouth while pinned under a pile of whatever managed pile on you before you could whistle Un-follow All.  The second that it happens, the dread and dismay hit you like pillowcase full of brick.

Best is when you do that, just after getting everything arranged.   In the early days(back in 2015), actually got a rex(that was outside) stuck in our metal base building.  Took a lot of whistling and running around to get that thing out of the building; though the contortions it went into before finally getting out were hilarious.

So, in the game, I always remap the Use key (from E to Insert) and I unmap the Follow-All key.

Also, if you are ever riding a tame that is on a quetz that is in motion...don't dismount; unless you want to know what it feels like to be Wyle E. Coyote.

Well yeah we've all done that! One of my friends quit because he did it. He felt so bad and didnt want to deal with the mess so he just quit playing ARK lol.

He later came back and continued about 3 months later. We were pre-150 still and I had a spino from two 120 tames that I had to beg another tribe to mate with. It had really high hp. It hatched 224!! Higher than max level tame! Was the highest spino on the server, it was even red after its mother. I was so proud.

About 30h into the raise this same friend who whistle follow all did it again. He was near our breeding pen so my baby followed to his small base and was out of trough range and died. He will deny it to this day, I brought it up last week when we were all boozed up. But I know it was him! 

My Tribe leader and I were working on some base upgrades, and she's just chatting away... she poops and acts like nothing happened, so I went and picked it up then ate a stack of rotten meat to suicide. She didn't even check my corpse, didn't say anything... actually I don't think we talked much, but I swear she was pooping more around me intentionally.

I had been playing single player for a while, lots of hours into it, and I made myself a completely stone enclosed raft, with a bunch of turrets above and below water.  i  would sail all around The Island, and just wrecking everything.  I then get to carno Island, and there is a Titan therre on the beach.  My turrets start firing away. The titan 1 stomps me. Boat completely wrecked, I survive, but as I am swimming away, a shark eats me. 

Back in legacy days, when we just started playing, island map, pve. Our first base location was far away from metal spawns and after discovering metal nodes on the tops of the mountains across the map using our raw meat tamed low lvl pteras, we decided to take the task seriously. A brief discussion and a decision to tame something big and strong to carry all the metal was made. A bronto! We successfully tamed a low lvl bronto, named it Betty, and set off for our mountain trip the same day. Our little train contained a bronto, a parasaur and a Raptor for protection. It took ages to get to the metal spawns, but we were quite happy with the results and did a few runs, climbing with our bronto almost all the way up on the top of the mountains each time and gathering all the metal with our pick axes. We lost our para to a rex, that ambushed us, but even that wasn't enough to stop us. Until later, when we saw two people doing quetz/anky metal run close by... Oh boy we were impressed and felt like the biggest  noobs in entire ark! Hope those two players at least got to smile a bit at us. Still best memories up to this day :)

Archived