Dumbest thing you ever did in ark?

Jemcrystal

1 hour ago, Jemcrystal said:

Dumbest thing you ever did in ark?

Usually for me it's eat dino poop when I meant to make fertilizer but I outdid myself tonight.  After making a large batch of kibble for taming I absent mindedly tried to store it in a feeding trough.  They ate it so fast I only managed to reflexively move out one.

I have accidentally put kibble in the trough as well, but not a ton of it.  I think the dumbest thing I have ever done was to use the words (not word for word quote) "I'm making jerky for kibble to tame this mammoth, I don't think it will take very long"

Installed Ark

No but seriously, I have a hard time choosing. I've accidentally ate some very expensive eggs on multiple occasions but probably it was taking my new 100% imprinted (when it was still every 3 to 4 hours) Basilosaurus out for her maiden voyage to level her up and I went after an Alpha Squid who brought along friends. 

5a1da1c89d255_ripbasil.thumb.jpg.02272dad81b92ee74ef9167d70ca5116.jpg

It was either that or dropping a bag containing my 250+ dmg longneck bp on top of a teleporter. That one hurt. Lol

Sp Xbox. We had just got the game a couple of years back, we didn't know about anything about the game. Husband wanted me to play split screen with him. Just got the hang of controls and how to gather.

Feeling ok started to gather punched a tree, punched a trike in the backside during tree punching, ran away after I saw what I did straight into the waiting arms of my first ever theri.

Husband tried to save me. It didn't work, the Xbox has a distance we can be apart from each other we were at maximum. Too far away to stop me being shredded by those claws.

His first death for some reason was being thrown up into the air by nothing, then slowly dropping down to his death.

I am the reason our first day in ark suffered about 10 deaths each. Except his first we blame that one on the ark god's!

Shortly after transfers came out I was hopping around Center servers looking for one that wasnt dino bugged (back then there was an issue where next to no wild dinos spawned.. it was a crisis for your babies) 

I found a server, started building up, good place good people it seems. Spent all night aetting up an area for us to move to. Built a nice spot and was happy with it, went to bed..

....All of our main tames were still in the cloud and I forgotten, they vanished 13h later when I got back on. Boy that sucked.

Back in the start when there was less Dino's and no sign of a swamp we started our journey and wanted to tame a Parasaur. So we cornered it, knocked it out with a sling (no club then) and put the berries on it... torp was getting low and we had no idea how you could tame something if it woke up before eating all the berries. We punched it a few times to get the torp back up and it tamed. Yes the % was down in the 40's but we had done it! Found out a while later about force feeding narco berries. Was a good day, only died to Raptors around 5 times that day.

In ark? Or while hosting ark?

In ARK, that would have to be when the building material I was placing somehow jumped over and placed where it should not have done. But when removing the offending object, somehow it pulled half the building down along with it because I didn't make sure that the piece I was interacting with was the right one. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

For hosting, that would be remote connected to the server on my laptop. Doing the backend work while everybody is playing, no problem. Until I finish and figure I am done with this laptop and I have other stuff to do. So I shut off the laptop. Except, the laptop did not turn off, but rather the server did. OH MY GOD!!! Yeah, quite a few people were wondering where the servers went.

?‍♀️

22 hours ago, SnowboundGem said:

Sp Xbox. We had just got the game a couple of years back, we didn't know about anything about the game. Husband wanted me to play split screen with him. Just got the hang of controls and how to gather.

Feeling ok started to gather punched a tree, punched a trike in the backside during tree punching, ran away after I saw what I did straight into the waiting arms of my first ever theri.

Husband tried to save me. It didn't work, the Xbox has a distance we can be apart from each other we were at maximum. Too far away to stop me being shredded by those claws.

His first death for some reason was being thrown up into the air by nothing, then slowly dropping down to his death.

I am the reason our first day in ark suffered about 10 deaths each. Except his first we blame that one on the ark god's!

Best way to solve the host tethering is do dedicated server on a windows 10 PC with a different account on Microsoft doesn't need to be gold just a full copy of the game on the main account and the use the second account to login the game then send a invite to you main account on Xbox 

1) Yesterday i have started solo 50k vein... Claimed it.. and throw my best imprinted Giga (and yes .. cryosicked). With hot fight and good sword i have managed it not to die. Giga survived with 1/3 HP (lost > 20k HP) and vein was defended :)

2) And in the past.. when i started to play Aberration. Someone accidentaly lured nameless to my neighbor's base. Nameless overspawned and Reaper King appeared, destroying almot all of neighbor's base. We were all scared, someone said that light prevents from nameless... so i have started 30+ campfires inside base, put many standing torches... an yes i didnt have that knowledge that time, that CHARGE light from pet is need...

Started a war when I got my first Max lvl wyv because I put my telescope in wrong location.

So I just got my first Max lvl wyv on official 190 poison. So when I went out lvling it I saw a red drop with a ring in an area where there was a tribe no one liked. I landed to get the drop and some guy on a Griffin lands two seconds before me so I'm in party chat with my tribe and I message in local for him to take it. The tribe leader asks me who it is well I had rearranged my hot bar and put my spyglass on the secondary side. I L2 to see the guys name and as I'm spyglassing the dude I L1. Killed the guy with one shot.

Tamed a Trike and was using it to clear some old wooden structures. Thought it would be quicker if I put it on "attack my target" and set about hacking a wooden foundation and the trike joined in. Great.

Minute later I got a message up Trike killed by your tribe. What!!!!    

I was hacking the foundation and catching the Trike at the same time.  D'oh

Archived