Quit at level 10

nairda2k9

On 5/21/2019 at 12:06 PM, ThePryBar said:

Why are you still posting on this site @MackTheKnife, you have stated on multiple occasions that you no longer play this game. What kind of joys do you get by Trolling this site and members of the ark community? Please just stop attacking people for their game style and quit assuming that people are horrible people in the real world because of how they choose to play. 

I am honestly sick and tired of your attitude, please grow up a little and start taking some of your own advice. 

You do realize that quit doesn't mean indefinitely? I mean come on, who HASN'T taken a long break from this game after months of your work gets wiped out within 1 hour? As of right now I'm on unofficial prim+ and for OP that's the best thing to do. Also he/she is right, this game is very un-playable for new people. I'm not assuming anything, I know for a fact that there are bad people who play this game and your mindset follows you wherever you go.

Honestly I don't even know why you said "grow up" as nothing I've said has indicated immaturity. If someone just decides to completely wreck your stuff for no reason other than to hear you cry, they ARE horrible people. People can be raiders in pvp because that's what pvp is for. But a decent amount of people take it way too far. If this game wasn't so dang time consuming i'd probably complain much less. But then you have the people who actually enjoy wasting their time in order to waste yours BECAUSE it takes so long. Now *that* is immaturity

sounds like op was max lvl playing singleplayer . creative ? spawns everything in ? changes settings and hits a tree and gains 100 lvls sounds like , lol. moans when trying officials and at level 10 ? maybe got that on x2 weekend hits a couple trees then asks for a hand out only to find someone or some people want to not gift him free , but sell . real money . they should get banned , they are low lifes . but that doesn't excuse your behaviour and mentality .at this point you've only played a few hrs at best. I started with nothing . never sought internet help . just worked it all out for myself and grind away . never asked for handouts . the game is all about survival and clearly you cant survive so quit being defeatist and ignore everyone else whos business is theirs not yours and play or leave . everyone who joins our server as a noob asking for handouts and freebies , like im really gonna spend hrs taming a dino to gift it you because you cant somehow. we used to gift dinos and materials and ask that they give them back if they stop playing so we can gift them someone else . theyd just leave after a few weeks and let everything auto decay . no respect . so if you joined my server I would say , prove yourself by playing and taming and that your not just here for a few weeks and then I would gift you because I could see your not someone who just expects handouts and doesn't want to work or grind for anything . afterall if you don't like it .that's what single player is for.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:24 AM, nairda2k9 said:

I decided what the hell I don't need to group up, in PvE server, managed single play max level. Only thing I'm finding hard is the getting started, all Dino's are high level so if your spotted your dead?. Managed to build a small 2x2 base so will try leveling and see how it goes. However even in a PvE server players are just wanting to sell sell sell, to those people.... It's new online players like me that help keep the online game topped up with players so it's in your interest to help new players, if every new player leaves because they can't get started the game will get less and less players each day !

sounds to me like your just having bad luck with the servers you've joined,  I play on the island, ragnarok, scorched earth, aberration and extinction all on official servers and no one really tries to sell stuff, just trade for it then its trading for things like ingots, cementing paste, polymer, crystal and the like.  we had one group that showed up on one of our servers that tried selling dino's for real money, and a game master came in and wiped their bases, 14k structures and 700+ dino's went away along with some lag on the server. 

If someone does offer you dino's or items for real money, screenshot it, report it, and wildcard is more then happy to jump on the server and wipe them from Ark.  There are still good official servers out there, some where people are just really quiet, others where they help each other,   I play all PvE servers, had my fill of PvP and haven't looked back but I hear there are even good PvP servers where alliances actually help each other when someones getting attacked.

On 5/18/2019 at 9:24 AM, nairda2k9 said:

I decided what the hell I don't need to group up, in PvE server, managed single play max level. Only thing I'm finding hard is the getting started, all Dino's are high level so if your spotted your dead?. Managed to build a small 2x2 base so will try leveling and see how it goes. However even in a PvE server players are just wanting to sell sell sell, to those people.... It's new online players like me that help keep the online game topped up with players so it's in your interest to help new players, if every new player leaves because they can't get started the game will get less and less players each day !

With the decay timers restarted, PVE beaches cleaned up a lot.  On our server we have people hopping in constantly trying  sell/trade stuff but they usually get ignored.  What most new players seem to ignore is that it is a survival game, go survive.  Beaches are full, build a boat, the ocean is not full.  There is always another way, survive long enough to find out.

On 5/18/2019 at 11:20 AM, Aylana314159 said:

Or YouTube tutorials of exactly how to do everything.

I don't know but the raw amount of truth to this statement made me laugh.  Maybe it sums up why there is really no need for the ARK forums past griping?  Or occasionally trying to shill dinos for people?  Every damn bit of information anyone needs to survive is on Dododex, arkpedia, or YouTube.

7 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

I don't know but the raw amount of truth to this statement made me laugh.  Maybe it sums up why there is really no need for the ARK forums past griping?  Or occasionally trying to shill dinos for people?  Every damn bit of information anyone needs to survive is on Dododex, arkpedia, or YouTube.

I get a lot more info from the forums than I do YouTube.  I'd rather spend 2 minutes reading a forum thread or pedia listing than spend 20 minutes listening to some british kid talking  over some horrible dubstep.

On 5/23/2019 at 10:53 AM, brownievec said:

sounds like op was max lvl playing singleplayer . creative ? spawns everything in ? changes settings and hits a tree and gains 100 lvls sounds like , lol. moans when trying officials and at level 10 ? maybe got that on x2 weekend hits a couple trees then asks for a hand out only to find someone or some people want to not gift him free , but sell . real money . they should get banned , they are low lifes . but that doesn't excuse your behaviour and mentality .at this point you've only played a few hrs at best. I started with nothing . never sought internet help . just worked it all out for myself and grind away . never asked for handouts . the game is all about survival and clearly you cant survive so quit being defeatist and ignore everyone else whos business is theirs not yours and play or leave . everyone who joins our server as a noob asking for handouts and freebies , like im really gonna spend hrs taming a dino to gift it you because you cant somehow. we used to gift dinos and materials and ask that they give them back if they stop playing so we can gift them someone else . theyd just leave after a few weeks and let everything auto decay . no respect . so if you joined my server I would say , prove yourself by playing and taming and that your not just here for a few weeks and then I would gift you because I could see your not someone who just expects handouts and doesn't want to work or grind for anything . afterall if you don't like it .that's what single player is for.

On 5/23/2019 at 5:41 PM, BTH said:

With the decay timers restarted, PVE beaches cleaned up a lot.  On our server we have people hopping in constantly trying  sell/trade stuff but they usually get ignored.  What most new players seem to ignore is that it is a survival game, go survive.  Beaches are full, build a boat, the ocean is not full.  There is always another way, survive long enough to find out.

I built a boat :)

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:01 PM, MackTheKnife said:

You do realize that quit doesn't mean indefinitely? I mean come on, who HASN'T taken a long break from this game after months of your work gets wiped out within 1 hour? As of right now I'm on unofficial prim+ and for OP that's the best thing to do. Also he/she is right, this game is very un-playable for new people. I'm not assuming anything, I know for a fact that there are bad people who play this game and your mindset follows you wherever you go.

Honestly I don't even know why you said "grow up" as nothing I've said has indicated immaturity. If someone just decides to completely wreck your stuff for no reason other than to hear you cry, they ARE horrible people. People can be raiders in pvp because that's what pvp is for. But a decent amount of people take it way too far. If this game wasn't so dang time consuming i'd probably complain much less. But then you have the people who actually enjoy wasting their time in order to waste yours BECAUSE it takes so long. Now *that* is immaturity

There are many tactics available to players in this game. Some may seem harsh and unnecessary by others but to those using them they are a means to an end. PVP in this game isn't about ethics or morals its about winning and that is frankly how it always should be. Players that go out of their way to be warm and friendly with everyone are most often quite bad players so they try and make up for this by engaging in diplomacy to avoid their fate. Most of the time however that does not work out so well.

You need the right mentality to do well in Official PVP, a lot of players seem to struggle a bit with this notion. I always say you have to adopt a total war kind of thinking. Everyone is a potential threat and your allies are only temporary friends. Be mobile with your thinking, be prepared to change with the wind. Nothing is static in this game for long.

• 9 months later...

UPDATE

So after my first post thought I would give an update on where I am now..

Met some absolute great people on Rag 379, full TEK base on 3 servers, like to give a shout out to Nighstalker2841 met though Ark and she keeps me sane through the laggy days, just wish she didn't do it with the cattle prod and tranq darts :) 

With my initial start up in the game I now try my best to help new players start up, although its a survival game having that 1st Dino could mean the difference from a new player staying or leaving.

I do prefer that before I help with Dinos etc players realize this is a survival if you can't build  2x2 thatch hut even I cant help you lol

Any new starters that need a helping hand Rag 379 is a great server with loads of people willing to help if you put in the effort and stick with it.

:) :) :) 

On 5/18/2019 at 3:34 PM, Snipsnip said:

I’ve played official pvp for years now and still love the game. I wouldn’t let a few sour people ruin the years of fun this game could provide you. 

Thx I carried on, only took a chance encounter with a player who said " I'm not going to help you by giving you free stuff but I can help you " since that day he was there if I needed to know how to do something, after I got a base set up tamed some resource dino's he gave me a Rex and said well done this is a gift for sticking with it and said he was impressed how fast I leveled and progressed :)

On 5/19/2019 at 9:52 PM, SaltyMonkey said:

You have to remember that many Ark players can’t separate reality from their game, which in turn is rather sad. Ark is their life which is why they are so emotional over pixels.

If you think of how many hours people put in to Ark of course they are going to care about pixels, I had anxiety for many years and I can totally say that this game helped me 100% self cure and its now not an issue to me anymore.

On 5/18/2019 at 10:26 PM, nairda2k9 said:

Quit at level 10

The Ark community is the worst encounted so far, quit at level 10 due to not being able to get out of spawn areas that have been closed off, unhelpful players only interested in selling things for real money.  

Welcome to the world of online gaming. But I wonder, what are you up to now?

I hope you still play here, you know there are really unfortunate events in here that cannot be avoided.

If you can't handle it maybe it is not for you, here's an alternative though w88idtop

Archived