6 months since Ext.

keightley60

6 months since Ext.

It's now been six months roughly since extinction dropped, and while I'm have a lot of fun in the game as always, I can't help but wonder is this the end of Ark. While the dev team keeps using the terms "it's an exciting time" for the game it doesn't answer the question as to whether there is a whole new sequel coming, or more DLC content in the form of a season 2 pass. Personally I don't need details on what would be in a sequel or a new season pass I just need to know there is one or the other coming. 

12 minutes ago, Oldster said:

The sooner the majority of players with your mindset move onto Conan, Rust, or whatever the new thing is, the sooner it'll drop.

There's always games people claim will "kill ARK" each game has come and gone yet ARK is still here going strong. This mindset wont work.

Im sure I speak for a large chunk of the community when I say we would rather them focus on their current content than add new stuff that needs to be worked on, like they have been. The 'new' dev team has been going leaps and bounds to fix issues. So far so good.

6 hours ago, d1nk said:

There's always games people claim will "kill ARK" each game has come and gone yet ARK is still here going strong. This mindset wont work.

Im sure I speak for a large chunk of the community when I say we would rather them focus on their current content than add new stuff that needs to be worked on, like they have been. The 'new' dev team has been going leaps and bounds to fix issues. So far so good.

Plus remember that theres ATLAS as well made by Grapeshot. I really hope the new devs picks up ARK where the old devs who moved over to the new game to a better pace.

I think they are using terms like "exciting time" and whatnot because they aren't sure what's happening yet, or at least so uncertain that they can't give us any better information.  ATLAS has siphoned off a lot of development power from WildCard, so the remaining team is probably having some back-and-forth on quality fixes and new content, trying to work out priorities.  We might just have to wait to see for sure.

Every paid DLC is approximately a year apart so not to derail your post too much but I never get the whole mentality from people who claim Wildcard keep pushing paid content. 3 paid DLC’s in 3 years is absolute garbage in comparison to other games that would release their season pass content in a single year.

With half of the development team splitting off to create Atlas, the potential for a sequel anytime soon died with that decision. I can see Ark getting a couple more years of content before an announcement is even considered.

2 hours ago, Vaculity said:

Plus remember that theres ATLAS as well made by Grapeshot. I really hope the new devs picks up ARK where the old devs who moved over to the new game to a better pace.

Yes I preech that often. Who knows, maybe if Grapeshot gives up on Atlas we can get some assessts into ARK or.. back into ARK to poke an old wound.

I do like the direction we're headed

Fixes are an ongoing process that never ends with any game, but this far past their last DLC they know whether there is the manpower and funding for new paid DLC and/or a sequel. Again this not because I need it now, it can be another year from now, just want to know it's coming. Or is the well dried up in terms of manpower and funding on Ark.

On 5/18/2019 at 8:24 AM, jpcab said:

unfortunately my feeling is the game is dying and dying. newbie players give it up in 2 or 3 weeks or less.

It is amazing that people keep saying this type of junk over and over, yet Steam charts say otherwise. It does not matter how many times people point this out, others keep repeating it. A bunch of new players have always given up after 2 or 3 weeks. Since the game first came out. That has not changed. The important thing you ignore (on purpose?) is that new players keep joining. Not sure how long you have been around online games, but that is common.

6 months after extinction and game is loosing new players each day.

6 months after Extinction and the game is gaining new players each day.

I even have the impression less players play it since before extinction

I am pretty certain you are aware of the Steam charts. Go take a look. Still going strong at around 35k players. It jumped up to around 70k for Extinction launch.

ARK is still going strong.

BUT

It is getting boring again and I am super fed up with the game freezes introduced by Homestead, that are STILL happening. The rubberbanding that happens, game freezes, huge lag spikes and exploits/bugs that are STILL in the game, yeh.... things could be better.

On 5/18/2019 at 4:24 PM, jpcab said:

unfortunately my feeling is the game is dying and dying. newbie players give it up in 2 or 3 weeks or less.

6 months after extinction and game is loosing new players each day.

I even have the impression less players play it since before extinction

I don't want to hurt your feelings, but....you're wrong:

b29WmLI.png

We don't know the numbers on PS4/Xbox etc., but at least the steam version is still pretty healthy.

Archived