2 Questions, can someone assist me please?

Zziggy

Hey everyone,

1st. In the most recent patch notes they mentioned "Updated metrics systems." What does this mean exactly? I have been searching and googling to no avail.

2nd. I am curious to how the 3d models and clipping work. I know that is vague but its been years and I'm really tired of dinos getting stuck in things. I'm curious because I want to know if a fix is even possible, or would it be a whole entire reprogramming of the game type thing. Example, you see an alpha carno and want some prime for a fancy colored rex you saw. Take your argy down to kill it and get stuck inside the body of the carno and lose the argy. Yes I know its a thing so I am careful to not get too low, but sometimes it happens and is extremely frustrating.

Thanks for reading and responding.

-Z

Metrics are a way of measuring something.  It is a bit of data you gather in order to form a statement. like if i wanted to say 50% of ark players suck i would have to have a metric with which to measure "suck."  In this case i think they just added some tools that allowed them to harvest data to create reports of specific activities within the game world more efficiently.

basically in the game world there is a collision map, which is pretty simple, it's space you are not supposed to be able to pass through. then there is the visible map which is what you see and is drawn.  these things are usually the same.  sometimes they are not.  instead of the server being like "Ok these two things are both here" it will be like "two things can't possibly be here and since i know i put this thing here clearly this other thing the game client is telling me is here is not so not gonna acknowledge"

Yes i know that is over simplified but it's late and explaining things is not my strongest ability.  that's kinda why rock spawns can kill your dinos. kinda.

Archived