Weigh in: Overflow Buffer crash for learn all engrams

Drackus

Title says most of it.

So, I am admin for an Unofficial server cluster and I would love to be able to offer the option have all engrams automatically unlocked. There is just one HUGE problem. Every single time someone transfers between maps they get a crash stating there is an Overflow Buffer. This is apparently caused by the default max data size for character transfers.

So, guys, help support me in bugging WildCard to either buff this up, or, give the option to unofficial servers to be able to increase the data cap!

On 5/17/2019 at 5:54 PM, Drackus said:

Title says most of it.

So, I am admin for an Unofficial server cluster and I would love to be able to offer the option have all engrams automatically unlocked. There is just one HUGE problem. Every single time someone transfers between maps they get a crash stating there is an Overflow Buffer. This is apparently caused by the default max data size for character transfers.

So, guys, help support me in bugging WildCard to either buff this up, or, give the option to unofficial servers to be able to increase the data cap!

Lol i reported this bug about 3242314 times in the last 3.5 years. So no, it won't get fixed by wildcard....

(The same bug happens if you fill all the 300 slots of your character and travel then).

And btw. After you traveled 1000 times, the profile in the cluster directory gets as big that the game crashes when the player joins (When the file in cluster directory is bigger than 1.5MB, ). Not even that is fixed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2019 at 8:37 AM, Toni said:

Lol i reported this bug about 3242314 times in the last 3.5 years. So no, it won't get fixed by wildcard....

(The same bug happens if you fill all the 300 slots of your character and travel then).

And btw. After you traveled 1000 times, the profile in the cluster directory gets as big that the game crashes when the player joins (When the file in cluster directory is bigger than 1.5MB, ). Not even that is fixed.

Twould be nice if they'd address it. If we can keep this thread alive then maybe we can get some attention on it. 

On 5/23/2019 at 10:36 AM, Esquire1980 said:

We've seen this also.  Back a year or so ago, WC did up the memory in their "cloud" to help this.  But as more and more mods are added with engrams, that memory is fast getting used up.  It's probably time to up the "cloud" yet again.

On 5/17/2019 at 12:00 PM, Rahthos said:

There are so many engram issues right now. It's really becoming too much.

Engram unlocker mods cause negative engram point issues. Unlocking all mods, through the INI or a mod causes overflow errors and crashes. We can't win.

I can understand in the case of having a bunch of mods adding Engrams. But, personally, I have S+(pretty standard on Unofficial) CT Reusables and Structure Saver (adds like three Engrams). Don't think I have anything else adding Engrams. 

Even with Homestead, people prefer to have the legit S+.

Archived