Checking for Swamp Fever way too much

Aikar

3 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

The only way to see if traffic is legit is to... analyze the traffic. Takes time.

Yes, and they can profile the visitors/IP's and memorize "this IP/device has been seen as legit and a frequent visitor, i don't need to recheck"

It also fuels the heuristics to reduce false positives.

I'm also suspecting that WC has a setting higher than it needs to be as I've been on plenty of IUA websites before and never experienced this. I see the checking screen once then I'm good.

Hence WC must have settings at some extreme paranoia max.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On 6/4/2019 at 10:30 AM, Aikar said:

Please turn down forums anti ddos level

The forums are so annoying to use right now. Please drop the paranoia level down a notch so it will stop doing so many swamp fever checks.

It's so infuriating.

And as I tried to post this, I get hit by it making the post fail again!

I've turned off "under attack mode". But it will be used when our site is getting attacked (which happens often). You'll also be pleased to know we are looking into other DDOS protection right now, as CloudFlare unfortunately isn't working great for us.

12 hours ago, Chris said:

I've turned off "under attack mode". But it will be used when our site is getting attacked (which happens often). You'll also be pleased to know we are looking into other DDOS protection right now, as CloudFlare unfortunately isn't working great for us.

Thank you! Isn't there "levels" to IUA mode? I know other sites that show the checking screen but do not spam it like these forums were.

• Chris locked this topic

Archived