Are the rexes good enough for boss fights?

RunsWithSticks

yeah yours should be able to do omega spider, but make sure you have good Mastercraft or Ascendant saddles for all of them, else they will get stomped.
when we did the beta we had 25k health, 1.8k stam, 1k melee, some got hurt pretty bad but they all pulled through.
Alpha was strictly 30-35k heatlh, 2k stam, 1.5+ melee.  
all of them we took 19 rex and 1 yuty for buffs, one player stayed on yuty in the back keeping buff up, and the other two stayed on the rexs and joined taking down the main boss.

1 hour ago, Soldier905 said:

Like others mentioned the saddles is where it is really as a good saddle (ascendant) can even make the worst rex last a bit longer but make sure to breed rexes specifically for bosses as you want boss rexes to be fodder basically .

Ah yes. Good point I always forget to mention. 

If you are breeding rexs for bosses you always want MINIMUM 21 with good stats. 19 for the boss and atleast 1 male 1 female (basically exact copies) of the same stats for backup breeder incase you die / glitch out / fail / etc

Now with crafting skill you can use (if low on resources or cant find a good asc) a good JM or MC rex saddle with say.. 70 or 80 arm instead of a 100+ asc blueprint because with crafting bonus you should be close to 100 with a 3rd the cost per saddle.

6 hours ago, RunsWithSticks said:

Are the rexes good enough for boss fights?

Hi I'm raising rexes for boss fights mine are popping out about 17 -19 thousand health and about 600 to 700 melee just wondering if that would be good enough for easy broad mother or if I should keep breeding out the stats.

Your rexes would be good for up to alpha ape and beta brood with good saddles and lvled up to 35K+ hp and rest to melee. And of course yuty. 15 rexes and yuty should be enough. Of course imprinted.

Easy brood can be done with tamed Rexes on primitive saddles. What you have there would likely clean up beta brood / mega with ease given ~50 armor saddle. Probably can do gamma dragon too but armor matters less there and melee trumps.

With decent saddles (100+), you would be looking at alpha brood / mega.

My breeding line was ready well ahead of me finding the saddle for them so start hitting up swamp cave and the water caves, rngesus is not always kind.

Keep mutating though because that always makes things go easier..

Ok, here is some help as I think people aren't being overly helpful.

What bosses are you thinking of? Dont take those to the Island, you will get wrecked. 

Those Rexes will do Omega easily on Center, and possibly Beta. 15 Rexes and a Yuty would be fine for the Center. 

You say they are popping out at 19k HP and 700 MD - is that base, or is that once you have put levels in? I would take your HP to 25k-30k and the rest melee. Dont put anything in Stam as an unridden Rex wont use any Stam - but make sure you have some Stam on the Dino you are using.

Saddles are important but dont go by Acs/MC etc, go by the armour value. Just because its Asc doesn't mean it is great. 124 armour level is the max rating so get as close to that as possible. Some people out there use crafting characters to get JM saddle BPs over 100 armour and they work fine.

As long as your saddles are above 50 minimum, you will be fine for Omega and I would look at slightly better armour for Beta.

I hope that helps somewhat further.

16 hours ago, Anarki said:

Ok, here is some help as I think people aren't being overly helpful.

What bosses are you thinking of? Dont take those to the Island, you will get wrecked. 

Those Rexes will do Omega easily on Center, and possibly Beta. 15 Rexes and a Yuty would be fine for the Center. 

You say they are popping out at 19k HP and 700 MD - is that base, or is that once you have put levels in? I would take your HP to 25k-30k and the rest melee. Dont put anything in Stam as an unridden Rex wont use any Stam - but make sure you have some Stam on the Dino you are using.

Saddles are important but dont go by Acs/MC etc, go by the armour value. Just because its Asc doesn't mean it is great. 124 armour level is the max rating so get as close to that as possible. Some people out there use crafting characters to get JM saddle BPs over 100 armour and they work fine.

As long as your saddles are above 50 minimum, you will be fine for Omega and I would look at slightly better armour for Beta.

I hope that helps somewhat further.

With those rexes he has he can do island alpha ape easily. Only boss that can give trouble is alpha brood and dragon.

Archived