ark mobile Catch and Release Humanely

AmazonianWarrior

Catch and Release Humanely

Ark Mobile

In the case of releasing dinos and mammals, why not catch and release them back into the wild, rather than releasing them to die of neglect? 

The neglect timer could instead be a time limit for being able to reclaim your pet. At the end of it, your tame would be completely wild, and at the mercy of nature and predators. 

Since the tames were originally wild, (realistically) they would be able to survive on their own again. And I wouldn’t feel so bad in killing them off due to maxed tame limit. :(

Just a thought. :)

I like the suggestion. I recently had to kill several of my tames because I had reached the limit (40 tames on Single Player Mobile) and my now-useless trikes, turtles, parasaurs, dilos, and even my new bary had to go. I had made the mistake of giving them loving, affectionate names and it took me a week to get over it. I would feel a lot better if I had just been able to drop them off in the wild and leave them to go back to life as it was before I had tamed them. 

Now I just tame for the experience of it. (Not the xp, like the actual experience) I only name and keep the valuable dinos I intend never to kill. I literally tamed an argy last week for breeding and realized how ridiculously low level it was (it's a 10 now, I wouldn't dare breeding it with my 40 Artemis). So I still haven't named him. I'll probably just kill him unless I can't find a higher level argy. 

Boom. That's my story.

It seems like a 'humane' thing to do, but in terms of logic, ark animals are just programming. Wild animals despawn after a certain amount of time passes, so why create a special function for tames to go wild only to despawn?

It does absolutely nothing except complicate the game mechanics so that people who can't realize this is just programming can feel good about themselves.

Archived