Are poison wyvrns meant to take out motorboats?

Gatespx

Are poison wyvrns meant to take out motorboats?

So we had a turret boat on shallow water , was not around but in my logs i got  the msg that my motorboat was destroyed by a poison wyvrn.  All my boats have sunken foundations and are encased in metal.. Then during a pvp battle with these guys,  i left another turret boat pretty decent far off land but still in turret range from the beach.   All of a sudden i see my boat destroyed already by the poison wyvrn.    So how did this happen in less then 5 minutes if a motorboat has 32k health.  I am not talking about a wooden raft to be clear.  

I tested this after losing 2 turret motorboats today to 1 poison wyvrn.  and on a naked motorboat a 300 melee poison wyvrn was doing approx 100 dmg per poison blast.    

So yes its confirmed they damage motorboats via your own testing so what is the question then? Are you wondering how the wyvern in question destroyed your boat that fast?

Because if so it will come down to the stats they have put into it, maybe it has mad melee damage. The poison attack does 125% of the creatures melee damage on it's initial impact and then 10 damage per second while the cloud persists. So a high enough poison wyvern seems like it could do the job, I find it silly that they are able to damage a motor boat which is essentially metal but cant damage metal structures. Seems really dumb to me. And if you wondering how it was doing damage to the boat despite you having sunk foundations and covered it in metal walls, well wyvern breath glitches through wall I'm afraid, it's kind oif sad and lame but hey it's been this way for a while and ark devs well... They are ark devs so what more can I say. Had you been in the boat at the time the wyvern was shooting it, you would have also been hit by the blast and killed despite being inside the structure. I know it's dumb but once again ark devs....  

3 hours ago, HoboNation said:

So yes its confirmed they damage motorboats via your own testing so what is the question then? Are you wondering how the wyvern in question destroyed your boat that fast?

Because if so it will come down to the stats they have put into it, maybe it has mad melee damage. The poison attack does 125% of the creatures melee damage on it's initial impact and then 10 damage per second while the cloud persists. So a high enough poison wyvern seems like it could do the job, I find it silly that they are able to damage a motor boat which is essentially metal but cant damage metal structures. Seems really dumb to me. And if you wondering how it was doing damage to the boat despite you having sunk foundations and covered it in metal walls, well wyvern breath glitches through wall I'm afraid, it's kind oif sad and lame but hey it's been this way for a while and ark devs well... They are ark devs so what more can I say. Had you been in the boat at the time the wyvern was shooting it, you would have also been hit by the blast and killed despite being inside the structure. I know it's dumb but once again ark devs....  

Hmm HoboNation ur name seems very familiar  ? Godlyarkcluster?

14 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

Hmm HoboNation ur name seems very familiar  ? Godlyarkcluster?

Well HoboNation is the tribe name I usually create and the name I use on forums, My player name is usually just "Hobo" or "Hobo King". So maybe you seen someone from my tribe on that cluster? I dont recall being on Godlyarkcluster but I have been on many servers so it's possible ?‍♂️.

also turret boats are usless.... I got raided by 2 guys in a closed in wooden raft with a chair in it.  One guy drove one guy on the chair and my turrets kept shooting at the boat but nothing was happening  to them.... and no their were no tames as i had to rocket launcher their boat to sink it.  If your offline they fake  soak you,  mesh their boat into yours  open the magic door , placed  c4 , tadddaaa your sunk!   lol   I say remove c4!!!  stick to grenades and rockets only... lol

Archived