ArkafterDark

Can't place ceiling tiles in certain spots, even with foundation/pillar support

Can't place ceiling tiles in certain spots, even with foundation/pillar support

I was playing the new Extinction Map, and I decided based on some videos I watched on youtube to build my base in the city on top of a building. The one I picked has a few natural inclines that take you from one lower level up higher to another higher level, so I decided to make use of this. Unfortunately when trying to build the upper level out over the top of the lower level, there are certain spots that the game will not let me place the ceiling tile down it just says "Can't Place Stone Ceiling: Requires Nearby Foundation Support." It does this even if I give all other surrounding ceiling tiles support with pillars, it still will not let me place the tile. It's very aggravating and I don't know what to do. 

I'm attaching Images to show you what I'm talking about.

FB_IMG_1557678587083 (Shrunk).jpg

FB_IMG_1557678591980 (Shrunk).jpg

FB_IMG_1557678595218 (Shrunk).jpg

FB_IMG_1557678598744 (Shrunk).jpg

On 5/16/2019 at 12:18 AM, NumberVIIIAxel said:

Did you check to make sure all the pillars are grounded? Stupid question I know but there are a lot of times pillars aren’t quite grounded even though they look like it. That is the only reason I can think of off the top of my head that could cause this issue.

Yes they are.... I found something interesting out yesterday though even though the pillars go all the way up to where I need them to. Someone elsewhere had suggested placing walls from the foundation blocks below all the way up to act as a support. Since it's so high I used the new 4 high walls once I placed 21 of the 4 high walls (84 single walls) I couldn't place anymore it was doing the same thing as the ceiling tiles saying they needed foundation support.

Hmmm unless there is a support height limit to pillars I don’t know what else to suggest except seeing if you can put foundations at the base of the pillars if you haven’t already and see if that helps. 

Honestly I play PvP so I don’t do a lot of tall pillar building I am always paranoid someone will exploit that and a whole section of the base will collapse. There are probably people who know more about pillar function than me.

The ceiling next to the one you're trying to place is connected to a foundation? Asking this to see if the ceiling is snapped on to the pillar or foundation. 

If this is the case you're pillar isn't grounded. 

Remove the foundation and try to snap a new pillar down. I know that there are spots on rag where pillars don't snap properly aswell.

Try to place it with orbit cam so u can see in the mesh. 

8 hours ago, Trekzalf said:

The ceiling next to the one you're trying to place is connected to a foundation? Asking this to see if the ceiling is snapped on to the pillar or foundation. 

If this is the case you're pillar isn't grounded. 

Remove the foundation and try to snap a new pillar down. I know that there are spots on rag where pillars don't snap properly aswell.

Try to place it with orbit cam so u can see in the mesh. 

The one next to it is attached to a foundation yes.

You may not be able to tell from the images but one I was trying to place it on the very top of the pillar instead of inline with the rest and it still wouldn't go.

Needless to say I ended up trying to redo a large portion of my base and the game didn't like this when I would finally get my 3rd story gone it would crash, and not save anything. So I reloaded it and after the third floor came down it crashed again. Then after the second crash it wouldn't even load the map it would get stuck loading on the little thing u can see it wizzing through to load and then pop up the error message.

So I had to delete the entire map and start over.

Thanks for trying to help though I appreciate it a great deal!

~ArkAfterDark~