Is there any choice but single player for new players

Fugz

I’ve been trying to find somewhere to play I’m new all the pvp servers are so over crowded you can’t walk along the coast try the pvp servers and just get yanked constantly by high lvl players on griffins and Wyvern so can’t get anything going so where are new players ment to go

20 minutes ago, Fugz said:

Hmm wonder if I can get all my money back from buying the game since it seems they don’t want new players 

You should try since you don't want to try to survive in a survival game and I'm quite certain you haven't even scratched the surface of the thousands of servers available to you. Good luck.

THis stuff about new players cant get going is total bs in my opinion. I started this game about 3 months ago or so now and at the time had never really even played survival games. At this point while im still learning I would say I can handle myself and am fairly experienced. And how did I get to this point you ask? I allowed myself to fail, I got raided many times but never gave up, I used every set back as a learning experience for my next attempt. I met a$$hats and helpful players along the way, I learnt a lot from both types. The PvP extremists who kill every bob on site taught me how to PvP, the helpful players gave me tips and tricks on how to be more efficient and how to better spend my time on a sever.

Pretty much it comes down to this, what do you want out of the game? do you want to just have a stress free non competitive environment to learn in and try things out without the threat of other players messing with you, in this case there are plenty of PvE servers, and no they arent all just packed full, it is really easy to find a low pop server, in fact majority of the servers have small populations. Find one login and enjoy

If you want to get into the whole PvP game and want to learn how to go face to face with aggressive PvP tribes, well then you gotta be prepared fall, many times, that is the only way to learn. No one just plays for the first time and is good at PvP. You have to fail to learn, and it can still be fun doing so. My advice find a friend who you can fail and learn with, this helped me a lot. ME and a buddy got the game around the same time and learning together was a lot of fun, and yes we got raided countless times, we got screwed over and screwed ourselves over many times, but thats the game, the one thing we didnt do was throw our hands up in the air and say F this I'm done with this. You cant expect everything to just go smoothly as that isnt ark, even setup experienced tribes get wiped all the time, they still make mistakes they lose PvP fights, thats the game.

To fully get the most out of ark you must embrace the failure and understand that to become a good player you must first be a bad player and be ok with that. Dont get overly mad or upset when others kill your tames or raid you as it happens all the time. Just have the balls to pick yourself up and try again. after you have some experience with the PvP join a tribe and learn as much as you can from them. 

The best thing you can do is have a positive mindset, understand that you will fail, and thats ok as we all did when we were learning. Something I found was useful were Arkpocalypse servers, they wipe monthly and so there are no real year old Alphas waiting to mess you up. Everyone you meet on an arkpocalypse server started fresh on wipe day and will start again the next month. It lets you get used to the early game. Try join one around when it wipes so you can get a fresh start and then just spend a month learning. It's also easier I think knowing that all your tames and base are going to be wiped in am month anyway, so if some tribe comes and raids you it isnt as bad, it was temporary anyway.

Just stick it out and you will get there :).

Ofcourse if your idea was to be able to jump right in and be able to setup compete and deal with PvP like a pro without having to fail first, then this isnt the right game, in fact most games are like that, failure is how you learn to succeed.

Another option would be to join a offline raid protection cross server. I'm on ark 5 and it has a very nice community. Of course there are still people who raid (mostly 123 players that transfer from other map) but that only means you have to utilize all parts of the game (like turrets which can be quite useless in pve I think). 

Next to this, the auto decay is currently offline, so you'll see more structures atm then you would see normally. From Thursday next week onwards, this should be solved and the beaches (as well as other places) will be cleaner.

10 hours ago, Fugz said:

Except all of those servers are overcrowded on pve and you can’t do anything on pvp because established players just take everything 

Are you only trying official servers? Unofficial servers are waaaay less crowded on average mostly have boosted rates, these will help you get used to the game.

Official servers aren't completely uninhabitable either, sure all the starting areas are crowded but you'll just have to be a nomad for a bit and travel through the map to find a place to settle

12 hours ago, Fugz said:

Is pose I just guessed the over population I didn’t try different servers trying to find a home 

guess that’s why I’m not asking here if there isn’t somewhere not over populated 

You literally cannot pick an official server at random and have a good experience unless you get lucky on the server community, and that's not your fault.

Unfortunately you need to find an unofficial server, host your own unofficial or play SP. I would recommend either a Youtuber's unofficial with a theme and attitude you like, or a mod creator's unofficial, esp. if they have a Patreon you can throw a few bucks into per month (it keeps randos from drive-by griefing).

For PvP you might try Voxesto's Gentleman's Ark, for PvE building UniteTheClans, Arahli or Eco. 

You can also look at the server advertisement forum here or on the Steam discussion groups. Best of luck!

16 hours ago, Fugz said:

I’ve been trying to find somewhere to play I’m new all the pvp servers are so over crowded you can’t walk along the coast try the pvp servers and just get yanked constantly by high lvl players on griffins and Wyvern so can’t get anything going so where are new players ment to go

If you have friends that play, or want to play with other people,  my recommendation is rent or join a private server. The thing about renting a private server is they are inexpensive and you can set them up how you prefer. If you do decide to play alone, fire up a non-dedicated hosted game on your system and lock it down, as opposed to doing single player. Apparently single player game has some issues.  

Non-official is the way to go... official servers sound like a nightmare and I'm sure they are the #1 reason for any new players being turned off the game. 

I would recommend you start at the medium difficulty zones to begin with. All of the 'starting zones' are pretty much pillared and built on every single spot, and I imagine it's a ganking party on most PvP servers to top it off. Venture in-land as has been previously mentioned as well - follow a river or look up a map on a search engine and find out where you could try head with a pond or something nearby and setup a small base - then go from there. Good luck on your adventures no matter what :)

single player is a good way to get a feel for the game and what you need to do to get started. 

PvE  works good too if you can find a server where you will be able to build a base, and has a friendly community.

PvP - I'd suggest starting with small tribe servers for new players, gives you more of a chance to get somewhere then the standard pvp servers.

Far as new players not being able to get anywhere - started fresh 6 months ago, now have a large base, 300+ dino's, boss fight rexs and a good yuty as well.  just got a mc yuty saddle bp today which made me happy.  Its all about the player, and how much they are willing to stick to the game through the thick and thin.

On 5/15/2019 at 9:20 PM, Fugz said:

I started on PvP official cluster. Solo grind for life. I do occasionally jump into single player to test things/builds/ explore places I've never been. But only to reduce total cost of certain ventures.

Try Arkpocalypse, they are an official server type that wipes every 30 days. The regular wipe means you will not end up in an unfair fight, where you are going up against people with years worth of breeding and superior BP advantages. Beginning of every wipe cycle everyone gets a fair chance to build up and become alpha. The servers are very active, and the gameplay and PvP is way more dynamic, without the usual broken powercreep from years worth of breeding, cave meta, titans etc that plagues officials.

44 minutes ago, covenantgrunt said:

Try Arkpocalypse, they are an official server type that wipes every 30 days. The regular wipe means you will not end up in an unfair fight, where you are going up against people with years worth of breeding and superior BP advantages. Beginning of every wipe cycle everyone gets a fair chance to build up and become alpha. The servers are very active, and the gameplay and PvP is way more dynamic, without the usual broken powercreep from years worth of breeding, cave meta, titans etc that plagues officials.

100% agree on this, Arkpocalypse servers are awesome and great for new players who want to play PvP. I still play on them regularly Arkpocalypse4 ftw

2 hours ago, covenantgrunt said:

without the usual broken powercreep from years worth of breeding, cave meta, titans etc that plagues officials.

I have to disagree with this one statement, just because it took me 3 months of breeding to get myself a 27k health, 2k stam, 807.9 Melee Rex.

rexes, along with other dinos depends on what you breed, and how often you breed.   I don't just spend my time breeding either, something that takes people a few days to raise usually takes me a week,  as I go for full imprint and always cryopod my babies before I log off.   I've recently been working with velon and am already getting high stats with them in under a months time.  

So the powercreep on dinos is still there, no matter what server you go to, it all depends on the players.

19 hours ago, caleb68 said:

I have to disagree with this one statement, just because it took me 3 months of breeding to get myself a 27k health, 2k stam, 807.9 Melee Rex.

rexes, along with other dinos depends on what you breed, and how often you breed.   I don't just spend my time breeding either, something that takes people a few days to raise usually takes me a week,  as I go for full imprint and always cryopod my babies before I log off.   I've recently been working with velon and am already getting high stats with them in under a months time.  

So the powercreep on dinos is still there, no matter what server you go to, it all depends on the players.

Well vast majority of dinos you would encounter on Arkpocalypse are not even mutated, just tamed or 2nd or 3rd gen bred ones. Even people who put effort into becoming alpha and play lot of Arkpocalypse will not even approach the 20 mutation limit and need to reset. Vs officials where everyone is running around with insane 120K+ HP racers with 140+ armor saddles. You are right, it is possible to get some strong dinos in a month, with the 3x rates which make the time effectively 3 months. But tribes here are starting from complete scratch. And most of them are casuals. They will not reach the theoretical limits of what is possible. And that in my opinion make the game more fun. Because in Arkpocalypse you can jump in and enjoy PvP from your first day. Anything you tame or breed is useful. You will not run into a situation like officials where your 500 melee, 8K HP, 40 armor saddle theri is fighting 1800 melee, 30K HP, 140 saddle megatribe theriz.

Archived